Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

28 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Post match comments utterly predictable. He never takes any accountability for performances like these but is desperate for the plaudits when we do well. Sick of him to be honest. Want an honest manager that gets us fired up for games

you are just making that up aren’t you? Go on YouTube, watch all his post match press conferences and give me the quotes that show he ‘is desperate for the plaudits when we do well’. You’ve made your mind up and you’ll sprout any shit that confirms what you’ve already decided. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

you are just making that up aren’t you? Go on YouTube, watch all his post match press conferences and give me the quotes that show he ‘is desperate for the plaudits when we do well’. You’ve made your mind up and you’ll sprout any shit that confirms what you’ve already decided. 

This. 

Add to that I think what managers say in press conferences and what they say in dressing room are very likely to be wildly different. 

As has been said, he's well media-trained. The same was said of Pearson. Very rarely will they single out their own players or be critical of them in the media because that's what they desire. Collectively he might be critical but he'll manage the media how he wants and I don't see that as a big issue. 

Some of the best managers do it. 

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

So what about that 'I got lucky because I'm British' drivel he was *spouting the other week? 

Not once have I heard him take any sort of blame or accountability for any of our losses

• Like 1

I don't get why he thinks the 2nd half we were better? Fulham looked more dangerous and pressed as a unit with so much more energy. We were utter dog shit. And if he thinks there nothing wrong with the system....why change it?! 

He can't fire them up against these mid to lower table teams. There's so many performances that have just been so so bad in they last year and the outweigh the victories. 

Liverpool we have been pumped so badly it's embarrassing. Bournemouth away was so bad. Spurs away we looked championship level. Man United at home on the last day we hardly laid a glove on them...falling into a similar pattern this season. Got lucky with a bunch of penalties and now paying the prices for the least amount of chances created in the league. 

Edited by Eskay
Spelling
  • Like 3

Can’t stand him - can’t stand the football

Too many young players? Didn’t you sign them? If not was it Congerton? I’d say Fuchs Evans Vardy, Mendy were all poor, they aren’t young? He’s full of s*** every time we lose, never his fault, but win against Man city and he wants to be treated like a messiah by the media 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I understand what he was trying to do this game. The problem is the players IMO they need to pass the ball faster it needs to zip across the pitch in order to play this football well.

This. And movement. I was fuming immediately after the result. Now I’m just disappointed . Just watched a bit of it back on record. We had Praet, Tielemans and Maddison on the pitch. Each player considered a class above their counterparts today. However, very little did any of them move forward, into space or attempt to create space when the other had the ball. They were so bloody static that Fulham just stuck two men on Vardy and let us have it. 

Why does simple things like this need to be “coached” Tielemans and Madders have had 2 years (?) now playing together. Surely they know when one moves, the other sticks. I can appreciate without Wilfs ball winning skills, they may be apprehensive but that is what Praet is there for. It’s all good and well wanting to play forward but someone’s got to be forward to move it there. Really really disappointed in the team today. I don’t know why but this result stings more today because it felt like they let themselves down.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

So only half the outfield starting xi are young then.

then perhaps consider we’ve got two backup players in the six you've mentioned, and one is a goal keeper. 

His argument was that it isn't a young starting 11.

If 6 out of 11 are not young, how can it be regarded a particularly young XI? This is important because it's central to the point Rodgers was making that it's a young side.

There were some young players, but that is true of most sides.

Clear?

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

And Beagrie was sacked for being a twazzock wasn't he? Loved it when he had a pop at him. 

Seriously though, I do think we as a fanbase (and probably the case at most places) react better when we've got a man in charge up against it. O'Neill was loved for the great days he gave us but we also backed him fully when the likes of Ken Bates, Gregory, Wenger were all having a go. Like with Pearson when Pat Murphy went on his pompous one-man show or pundits were having a dig- we backed him, told them they were talking crap, he was OUR man and that's who we follow.

Rodgers doesn't have that, really. All the press like him, other managers don't seem to kick up a fuss about him. I do enjoy it when we've got a siege mentality.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That’s football when your facing nine bodies camped in their own half, you run forward you run into bodies, you pump balls at at their centre halves with Vardy up front by himself it gets headed away, and you can’t counter attack unless Fulham commit bodies which they did not.

Moving the ball sideways and backwards is how you pull players out of position and keep possession and make the space to play forward in,  they were just very disciplined and I actually think we decided to play forward too much on certain occasions when nothing was on.

Great post and Thank GOD somebody said it. You can't counter attack at 100 mph and get behind teams with through balls into space when teams sit back and deny you it. Why is that so hard for fans who watch football regularly to understand. For god's sake it's like bashing your head against a brick wall at times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

His argument was that it isn't a young starting 11.

If 6 out of 11 are not young, how can it be regarded a particularly young XI? This is important because it's central to the point Rodgers was making that it's a young side.

There were some young players, but that is true of most sides.

Clear?

About as clear as mud as always,  he said we are a young side, not completely linked to the starting xi, we have a young squad.

but aside from that, tonight, We’ve got a 19 year old centre back, a 19 year old left wing back,  a 22 year old right wing back, a 23 year old midfielder, and 24 year old number 10.

Lets not forget 34 is not particularly old for a keeper, nor is it particularly old for your oldest player.

lets also not forget Fuchs is in for a 24 year old Center back, and Mendy is in for a 23 year old holding midfielder.

It’s a young core.

Baffled that people don't think he tries to make wins about himself. The Arsenal and Man City games were his ideal scenario. His tactics and subs there for all the cameras to see. He knows all the focus will be on him in those situations.

The fact is we all said top 4 was achievable last season. Brendan 100% knew it too. He looked at that side and the likes of Man United and Arsenal being so poor and knew he could pull off a pretty achievable task and make it look like he is the messiah.

This season like wise. Whenever we win its down to him and whenever we lose its because of our passive, non intensity and lack of character by our young players who seemingly never get old.

Having said all that I am glad we have him. It's just incredibly frustrating to see someone more bothered about their own personal gain from all of this than sometimes just getting the basics right and making it less about himself.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

About as clear as mud as always,  he said we are a young side, not completely linked to the starting xi, we have a young squad.

but aside from that, tonight, We’ve got a 19 year old centre back, a 19 year old left wing back,  a 22 year old right wing back, a 23 year old midfielder, and 24 year old number 10.

Lets not forget 34 is not particularly old for a keeper, nor is it particularly old for your oldest player.

lets also not forget Fuchs is in for a 24 year old Center back, and Mendy is in for a 23 year old holding midfielder.

It’s a young core.

No.

It's about the game today. The players that played.

We'd have a problem if we didn't have at least some young players.

As for going on about the age of our keeper, now I know you're on the wind up.

Trump.

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So what about that 'I got lucky because I'm British' drivel he was *spouting the other week? 

Not once have I heard him take any sort of blame or accountability for any of our losses

So you’ve found one example of him making a joke and that immediately preceded him saying that the ‘team was fantastic and got the result they deserved’. Low bar if that shows he’s desperate for the plaudits when we do well.

If we’re doing single examples, albeit not a loss, he said after Chelsea away last year that when players make mistakes it’s his fault. Therefore, I must conclude that he always takes responsibility when bad things happen

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That’s football when your facing nine bodies camped in their own half, you run forward you run into bodies, you pump balls at at their centre halves with Vardy up front by himself it gets headed away, and you can’t counter attack unless Fulham commit bodies which they did not.

Moving the ball sideways and backwards is how you pull players out of position and keep possession and make the space to play forward in,  they were just very disciplined and I actually think we decided to play forward too much on certain occasions when nothing was on.

That's all well and good.  But surely you just can't hold your hands up and say "oh yeah, Fulham were too good, they didn't didn't allow us to pull them out of position and didn't commit men forward so we couldn't counter attack them".  You have to find another way.  Rodgers has to take some responsibility for that.  It's Fulham FFS!!

Edited by pazzerfox

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I dont think Poch would ever even consider us but the reality is Poch is a million times better than Rodgers. 

Is he?

His Tottenham team were perennial losers. They won nothing under him with a fantastic squad. Whilst he was manager multiple players were at their peak; Eriksen, Vertonghen, Walker, Lloris etc and they had a high-flying Kane and Alli to boot.

What do Tottenham have to show for it? Diddlysquat!

Liverpool should have won the league under Rodgers without question. Thank god they didn’t because it birthed one of the game’s best chants courtesy of a certain Steven Gerrard’s arse.

But people are quick to forget that Liverpool’s defence and goalkeeper were far off standard that season. Skrtel? Agger? Mignolet? JON FLANAGAN?! Sure they had Suarez and Coutinho at their disposal but I would confidently argue that the 2013/14 Liverpool squad was miles off the standard of Poch’s Tottenham squad.

To say Poch is a million times better than Rodgers is to say Anchor is a million times better than Lurpak. It just ain’t so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

No.

It's about the game today. The players that played.

We'd have a problem if we didn't have at least some young players.

As for going on about the age of our keeper, now I know you're on the wind up.

Trump.

Half the team and including two teenagers, plus I didn’t mention the 22 year old and a 23 year old who were on at half time and as a result played half the game, there is the other 24 year old who played over 20 minutes as well, but ok, fake news 👀

A goalkeeper are different and  can comfortably play into their late 30’s, even if they catch the Chyna Virus.

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

That's all well and good.  But surely you just can't hold your hands up and say "oh yeah, Fulham were too good that they didn't didn't allow us to pull them out of position and didn't commit men forward so we couldn't counter attack them".  You have to find another way.  Rodgers has to take some responsibility for that.  It's Fulham FFS!!

Your going to struggle to score three goals against a team like that once they have a two goal cushion.

The concern is how they got it in the first place and for me that was complacency and whether that was the players themselves or the message they got from management we will never know.

im watching it again now, 24 minutes we are well on top they’ve not had a sniff it’s looking like it’s only goi g one way and we’ve not even had the Fofana guilt edged chance missed yet.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Baffled that people don't think he tries to make wins about himself. The Arsenal and Man City games were his ideal scenario. His tactics and subs there for all the cameras to see. He knows all the focus will be on him in those situations.

The fact is we all said top 4 was achievable last season. Brendan 100% knew it too. He looked at that side and the likes of Man United and Arsenal being so poor and knew he could pull off a pretty achievable task and make it look like he is the messiah.

This season like wise. Whenever we win its down to him and whenever we lose its because of our passive, non intensity and lack of character by our young players who seemingly never get old.

Having said all that I am glad we have him. It's just incredibly frustrating to see someone more bothered about their own personal gain from all of this than sometimes just getting the basics right and making it less about himself.

Can you point me to where he made these wins about him?

• Thanks 1

Can we talk about Maddison?

This guy is supposed to be the creative heartbeat of the team and sometimes he plainly is. But Grealish he is not. Time and time again he’s on the fringes of the game - falling over theatrically, over-elaborating and generally running up blind alleys. He has to be consistently better and he needs to drastically improve dead ball delivery or let someone else take over. 
We desperately need a mini Youri who can give the guy an occasional rest - Lallana might have been a good fit.

And why not let Kelechi start more games - when Vardy is so often so anonymous - because KI receives the ball higher up the pitch he sets different challenges and unlike JV he’s less likely to disappear in a match. 
As has been stated BR tends to stick with his favourites even when their impact is negligible ...

it’s not a case of getting rid of the manager but he has to use the squad and a range of tactics the squad offers him much much better - on another point in this thread - people talk about the full backs being out of position weakening the defence - but they are told to get forward and support the attack - they can’t be in two places at once - the three man defence is designed as the insurance policy but Fofana regularly goes on walkabout leaving just Evans and Fuchs who are understandably vulnerable to pace on the counter...

• Like 1