Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Shouldn’t be a surprise that we didn’t create much when all we had in terms of central players were two defensive midfielders and a box to box midfielder. 

If he plays Tielmans or Madison for the full 90 and they get injured people say why play them in a nothing game? It's squad rotation, they'll be fresher for Sheff United, which is more important.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I thought Fulham was massively on him but that lineup should still be seeing Zorya off even if it does lack a little creativity.

Thing is we lack creativity even at our strongest.

I'm sure I read we've created the least (or one of the least) amount of chances in the league.

I must say up until the last 4 games (in all comps) that surprises me because performances had improved I thought we'd turned a corner, but looking back at the calendar year and the last 4 games where it looks like we've relapsed 6-12 months it shouldn't and doesn't surprise me at all.

Far more negative, boring performances outweighing positive.

Edited by Matt

People can say that the teams he puts out should be good enough to win these games but he should be a good enough manager to make sure they do. If he's paid that much to simply pick a starting 11 and formation then I think we've been had. Doesn't seem to get us fired up for games 

• Thanks 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

People can say that the teams he puts out should be good enough to win these games but he should be a good enough manager to make sure they do. If he's paid that much to simply pick a starting 11 and formation then I think we've been had. Doesn't seem to get us fired up for games 

Yeah my biggest worry is that the players don't look bothered. Tonight and against Fulham.

I think back to when we were bottom under Pearson and at least the players look arsed and we were unlucky to not win some of the games we did lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah my biggest worry is that the players don't look bothered. Tonight and against Fulham.

I think back to when we were bottom under Pearson and at least the players look arsed and we were unlucky to not win some of the games we did lose.

Yeah said the same the other day. We're never unlucky to lose games anymore 

• Like 1

Rodgers doesn't get too much blame tonight from me. We were always going to pick a makeshift side, starting 3 returning players means thats 3 subs he already had to make, looked like Wes struggling and that left 1 sub left that we couldn't make too soon in case of any further injuries. 

Squad is missing any sort of consistent quality. Team put out should've performed better.

Edited by RowlattsFox

What I find most confusing and really disappointing at the moment is no one is really working off the ball to make space, draw defenders and create chances. Everything and everyone is static. We are easy to defend against. Now, how much of that if anything is down to Rodgers instructions?  I can't imagine he's telling them to just play so passively and statically. 

Today cannot be blamed on BR. Fulham yes but today was all down the players. Regardless of not having a "creative" midfielder the players out there today were on paper more than enough to put a few past them. For crying out loud we didn't even register a shot on target until 70 odd minutes. Awful from the players. A lot of these should be chomping at the bits to get BR to put them in the first team. Instead they have a nice jolly stroll with no enthusiasm at all. 

Edited by hejammy

12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Today cannot be blamed on BR. Fulham yes but today was all down the players. Regardless of not having a "creative" midfielder the players out there today were on paper more than enough to put a few past them. For crying out loud we didn't even register a shot on target until 70 odd minutes. Awful from the players. A lot of these should be chomping at the bits to get BR to put them in the first team. Instead they have a nice jolly stroll with no enthusiasm at all. 

BR wants us to play a possession game I believe... which involves not losing the ball .. reflective in us not creating many chances through the season..

hence us not registering a shot on target until 70 mins..

We play slow possession football...on BR orders I would say..

• Like 1

Our most effective football this season has been counter attacking football, the type of football that won us the league.

90% of the time throughout 2020, this pass, pass, pass, keep possession style football has been boring as fvck, in so many games throughout 2020 it’s been like watching Puel ball again.

The Man City, Arsenal and Leeds games proved, that we have the perfect squad for counter attacking football.

Tbf nothing much has changed in that aspect since we won the league, we’ve tried to go possession based under Puel and it didn’t work. Under Rodgers it’s basically a carbon copy, too many times it just doesn’t work.

Maybe we should revert to our old counter attacking style more often, so far this season it’s been far more effective than the possession based garbage we’ve had to endure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure we've ever lost, or even drawn a game under Rodgers where I've felt we were unlucky. Maybe Burnley away last season, but there've been quite a few games where I've felt that way after a win.

We're one dimensional and unless teams play into our hands we really aren't much use. I don't find us very entertaining, and I think we're very fortunate to be as high in the league table as we are. We don't actually create much at all and have had an extraordinary number of penalties this season. We have had injuries and a tough schedule, which is worth considering, but I don't think we're going to finish in a European place this season and I don't think we're going to do anything of note in the Europa League either. I'm just really quite unconvinced by us. Our performances aren't great and our results are starting to go off a cliff. It's all starting to feel a bit last season, only the slump has kicked in a bit earlier.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

If he plays Tielmans or Madison for the full 90 and they get injured people say why play them in a nothing game? It's squad rotation, they'll be fresher for Sheff United, which is more important.

Bang on this lad.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. 

He's the best man for our club at this present time,and is a top class manager in his own right. 

Get off his back you bunch of haters

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

But we beat Man City and Arsenal ( by way of a compelling argument)

• Like 1

Same issues coming back to haunt us as the second half of last season.

Individual defensive errors, inability to create chances, when we do we can't take them.

We are slow and negative on the ball, first thought is to go backwards or sideways.

For me or lack of investment in attacking players is killing us, simply our forward players aren't good enough except for Vardy.

Edited by coolhandfox