Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

Just now, John12345 said:

Do you think he will be here in a year from now.  Personally I don't and it won't be to replace Arteta...

He will be. He has just received a huge new contract, and the club are trusting him with a long term project. It will only end badly is Kasper and Vardy start picketing outside Top’s office again. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, John12345 said:

Do you think he will be here in a year from now.  Personally I don't and it won't be to replace Arteta...

Who knows what will happen a year from now! 

If you had told me a year ago that it would be illegal to meet my dad and that Krameric would be the hottest property in world football I would have thought you were on the smack. 

Pointless thread. 

I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Bored of our style of play far too often, the management of the squad is questionable and there seems to be a very comfortable set-up where dreadful performances are excused.

I suppose we'll just have to put up with plenty of dross from here and hope we get good games to show glimpses of what we could be.

• Like 4

Just now, Corky said:

I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Bored of our style of play far too often, the management of the squad is questionable and there seems to be a very comfortable set-up where dreadful performances are excused.

I suppose we'll just have to put up with plenty of dross from here and hope we get good games to show glimpses of what we could be.

Same for me. Just doesn't feel like the right fit for us. Need someone a bit more brave and positive 

Surprised that there's no other threads on him, thanks..

Seriously think he needs to stay here mashing a club considering of many young talented players; his proven experience of managing youngsters at Liverpool and Watford should work in his favour here, given patience and time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yep agree. Football is boring, predictable and safe, everything Puel was criticised for. 

He is, without doubt, the Great British Puel.  

Weak mentality all round, Vardy probably being the only exception. 

Unless Rodgers can adapt, show some flexibility and accept reality he will only ever be a reasonable manager. He’s ok. He isn’t great and yet he is on a great managers wages. 

someone somewhere needs to look at the stats and realise that possession based football only ever works if you have the players  to make it work. Very few teams have had those players. Sure there are times to try and control a game, but you don’t have to be so bloody predictable and toothless. There are also times to cede possession and play on the break. Mix it up a bit. You never know, you might win something doing that. 

• Like 1