Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ginger_Filbert

Unexplained Experiences/Ghosts

12 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

And they're almost never doing things like eating crisps, reading a book, cracking one out, or just being asleep.

I think we'd relate to them a lot more if they did this sort of thing rather than just floating about going "woooooooo" etc

you'll never see a ghost eating a twix

• Haha 1

My sister and I went back to where we had scattered our dad's ashes a few months earlier. I wasn't too sure if it was beside one particular tree or as my sister thought, the next one along.

As we were trying to decide,  there was a rustle in the branches of one of them and a twig with a few leaves on it, gently fell to the gound. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and my sis started crying.

On another occasion we went, we both suddenly smelt pipe smoke, the same as my dad's! We looked around but no one else was to be seen.

Both quite moving but I have to put them both down as coincidences.

• Like 1

For anyone who likes ghost TV shows, Christian Fuchs has bought an old prison and turned it into a soccer academy. 
He and his wife have called in ‘ghost hunters’ because they think the place is haunted. 
Him and his wife both appear on the show. 
It’s a show called ghost nation and is season 2 episode 2. 
710DBCAA-159B-43F9-B289-6A309A35369F.jpeg.4b8fae4063a05a7761e9f9acd562e528.jpeg

• Like 1

My old house in England was definitely haunted.  Even my adjacent neighbor experienced paranormal activity coming from 'next door' when I was away on holiday. 

Witnessed numerous unexplained experiences there - bit like some of our substitutions.

Fascinating subject.  I love all this stuff.   I think that people want to believe because it is exciting.  Also. life after death is preferable to more death after death I suppose.

I would like to believe and would love to find some kind of evidence.  Ironically the amount of ghost bothering programmes like Ghost Adventures, Most Haunted etc actually furthers the cause of the sceptic unfortunately.  With all these 'haunted' locations set up with camera traps and the best technology they can throw at it, what have they found?  Sod all.  In all these years.  In fact, what evidence has anybody ever found?  And why are ghost apparitions never experienced by two or more people at the same time?

A friend of ours sent us a message about unexplained lights over Deal, Kent fairly recently with accompanying video.  It was night time and this video showed lights in the sky hovering in formation yet making sudden horizontal movements in a way that no aircraft could.  I was genuinely spooked for a minute there until a quick internet search revealed it was a night kite festival or something.  These night kites were like tethered Chinese lanterns but that video really looked like an alien invasion.

If you had given me 100 attempts i would never have guessed that these objects were kites.  The point is that even if there is no obvious explanation for any strange phenomena, the likelihood (or certainty) is that there is something quite ordinary and mundane behind it, not supernatural or extra-terrestrial.

I do have one experience that was quite weird tough.  I was about sixteen, sitting on the top deck of a bus, idly watching a couple of girls chatting and eavesdropping their conversation.  They were talking about a friend who had recently had a baby.  Girl one aks it's name, girl two pauses and thinks. 

"Oh whassisname...?"  she asks herself/

I''m sitting there looking at the back of her head when suddenly I think to myself 'Jeremy' but it is not a thought, or a guess.  I knew it with certainty.  I felt like I was prompting her telepathically.

"...Jeremy" she says, finally.

I turn away silently freaking out.  Now Jeremy is not the most popular name these days but nor was it 30 years ago, especially for a newborn. 

I genuinely think that I read her mind but I also think that this was not a supernatural experience.  Our brains are thought transmitters and receivers.  Is it not possible that thoughts are some kind  of electrical impulses that can escape the skull and on rare occasions, if another nearby brain happens to be tuned to the right frequency, so to speak, that person could receive and decode it?  I dunno but it sounds plausible to me.  Perhaps one day we will build a machine that can receive and translate other people's thoughts?

46 minutes ago, murphy said:

I would like to believe and would love to find some kind of evidence.  Ironically the amount of ghost bothering programmes like Ghost Adventures, Most Haunted etc actually furthers the cause of the sceptic unfortunately.

Skepticism is never a bad thing.

13 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Yeh it's like the fella in nice the other day shouted.... 'god is great!'

Not seeing a parallel between someone praying to conceive and a heretic murdering people.

I presume you are making one of the following points:

- religion is evil because it motivates people to do terrible things.

or

- How can a good god allow things like the terrorist attack in Nice. 

if you’d be happy to clarify, I’d certainly like to engage you with my thoughts.

12 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Not seeing a parallel between someone praying to conceive and a heretic murdering people.

I presume you are making one of the following points:

- religion is evil because it motivates people to do terrible things.

or

- How can a good god allow things like the terrorist attack in Nice. 

if you’d be happy to clarify, I’d certainly like to engage you with my thoughts.

Unfortunately, any attempt to have a discussion about religion - however civilised - is immediately deleted.

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

Unfortunately, any attempt to have a discussion about religion - however civilised - is immediately deleted.

I’m not sure that’s necessarily true as long as it’s not inflammatory. I had a warning point for saying something like “Islam like any religion is fair game for scrutiny” but I’ve definitely engaged with people on here and not had it deleted. 

happy to talk over PM if anyone wants to avoid censoring on here though. 

I think there's an explanation for this sort of stuff and although I'm buggered if I know what it is, I expect that it's something to do with environmental factors triggering responses in the brain.

That infrasound thing I posted about earlier would be a good example - low frequency vibrations triggering feelings of dread, cold and figures in your peripheral vision. I read something years ago that something similar may explain why so many daft Americans are convinced that they've met aliens - they may have thought they saw them, but it doesn't mean they were there.

As for the shitty towel in the Scott Innes story, I imagine that was because someone wiped their arse on it