Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ginger_Filbert

Unexplained Experiences/Ghosts

58 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

During the warm-up lap of the 1994 Imola Grand Prix, I turned to my Dad and without emotion announced: "Ayrton Senna will die in this race".

The only explanation I could muster was that Roland Ratzenberger died in practice the day before, I was a morbid child, and it was a fluke that I picked Senna.

Did weird me out a bit though! Sorry, Ayrton.

Did Roland and Ayrton get on? it could have been him that fiddled with the car.

spooky though

Nothing paranormal as such but had many instances of bizarre deja vu as a kid.

Many places we went I'd never been before and I knew where everything was and could describe the inside of buildings, certain rooms etc.

Went to Wales when I was about 7 having never been there before and we were driving down some country road and I asked them if we could stop at the pub further on down the road to play on the big green slide in the garden. Sure enough there it was 5 minutes further down the road.

Don't believe in 'ghosts/spirits' particularly but my Dad believes in everything to the point I feel embarrassed for him. I think it gives him some sort of comfort having suffered a lot of loss but I can't help telling him that he's being exploited.

• Like 1

Not me my uncle at age 8. he lived in the western mountains of kosovo one day he was sitting on the porch of his house and says hw saw a humanish creature with a foxes head emerge from the nearby forest and it apperently stared directly at him for a minute and then disappaered.  I wouldn't believe him usually but he was dead serious and had a almost scared look in his eyes when he told me. He is 39 now and it still baffles him to this day.

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Not me my uncle at age 8. he lived in the western mountains of kosovo one day he was sitting on the porch of his house and says hw saw a humanish creature with a foxes head emerge from the nearby forest and it apperently stared directly at him for a minute and then disappaered.  I wouldn't believe him usually but he was dead serious and had a almost scared look in his eyes when he told me. He is 39 now and it still baffles him to this day.

Filbert?

• Haha 4

I have nightmares, I see strange stuff and I get eerie feelings, just like most other people (and that's not just when I'm watching City).

But I don't believe in anything supernatural or anything "beyond" or elsewhere after we die.

I believe that the human brain is addicted to forming patterns it recognises. 

Pinker's "How the mind works" goes into great but comprehensible detail about the processing of images and what the brain does with the info it receives. 

How we process optical illusions is quite fascinating.  

I think the human brain occasionally makes us believe, despite our reasoning, that there is more to it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

I don't believe in this stuff as a rule but had a really spooky encounter many years ago.

We were 'trying' for our first child and the wife had had numerous miscarriage's and was getting really upset that we just couldn't have kids.

Then one night I awoke in the early hours and I swear to God there was a ghost like figure of an old woman standing over the wife's side of the bed. She was just standing there but looking kinda sympathetic, caring and understanding.

I wasn't scared but just mezmorised as I lay still watching for a few seconds. Then the old woman ghost disappeared and I eventually went back to sleep.

A few days later the wife tells me she's pregnant and lo and behold our daughter arrives 9 months later.

Still freaks me out thinking about it now. The miraculous conception @Benguin?

If you are Christians and had been praying for this then I think that is a definite answer to prayer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

only thing that comes close is my apparant sighting of a UFO. im not convinved it was one, but i still to this day cant explain what else it could be. was walking through a small park on the way home, totally sober, and a bright red ball of light zoomed over head, zig zagged a bit and ****ed off again. wierdest shit ever

5 hours ago, Beliall said:

only thing that comes close is my apparant sighting of a UFO. im not convinved it was one, but i still to this day cant explain what else it could be. was walking through a small park on the way home, totally sober, and a bright red ball of light zoomed over head, zig zagged a bit and ****ed off again. wierdest shit ever

they are here, there was one crashed under the bloody ocean man 

https://metallicman.com/laoban4site/the-mystery-of-the-baltic-ufo/ 

I was convinced I saw a ghost once. 

Was driving with a few friends late one night, can't remember where we were going but it was absolutely pissing it down and we were on a country road that was pretty remote. The road had those big hedges at either side and at one point on a long straight stretch we saw this girl who walked towards us and past the car. She was dressed for summer even though it was freezing and raining, wearing light clothes and didn't look at the car as we passed her. 

We all agreed immediately that it was weird as sh!t and because the weather was so bad decided to go see if she was ok. Luckily we found a place to turn and went back and she was gone. There was no obvious place she could go once on that stretch of road and I was absolutely convinced we saw a ghost that night. 

I WAS convinced but one day telling this story, someone pointed out that the girl was walking down a creepy road late at night in the rain, saw a car full of guys pass her and then turn round and come back......  Poor girl probably sh!twhipped  herself with some amount of force through that hedge and lay in a ditch until we were gone. 

Felt bad once I realised. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

I don't believe in this stuff as a rule but had a really spooky encounter many years ago.

We were 'trying' for our first child and the wife had had numerous miscarriage's and was getting really upset that we just couldn't have kids.

Then one night I awoke in the early hours and I swear to God there was a ghost like figure of an old woman standing over the wife's side of the bed. She was just standing there but looking kinda sympathetic, caring and understanding.

I wasn't scared but just mezmorised as I lay still watching for a few seconds. Then the old woman ghost disappeared and I eventually went back to sleep.

A few days later the wife tells me she's pregnant and lo and behold our daughter arrives 9 months later.

Still freaks me out thinking about it now. The miraculous conception @Benguin?

That was your mother in law who’d popped in to make sure you were doing it right 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fightforever said:

dsc_5185.thumb.jpg.24eb07bc6c8c3a3a517e512a5cebd706.jpg

• Haha 4

Although I don't for a second think that the spirits of dead human beings walk among us, I still find the subject fascinating simply because so many folk, including plenty who are not prone to flights of fancy have had experiences of some sort that they cannot explain.

I think environment and suggestion play a big part - so much of this stuff happens in stereotypically spooky places, so perhaps your mind is already half way to thinking something's going on and it takes a lot less to trigger it than if you were somewhere else more inviting. Stress/fatigue/anxiety all mess with your brain and can make you see things that simply aren't there.

A good example of this is my missus' former place of employ, which was based in a 19th century manor house which on a cloudy day would struggle to look more like a house from a horror film if it tried. In keeping with a clichéd ghost story, it had been used for a variety of purposes over the decades, including a boarding school, a hospital for wounded soldiers, and of course a home for folk with mental health and 'retardation' issues, and naturally had a fun story attached to it about a young woman who had drowned herself in the pond by the back door, and supposedly could be heard after hours retracing her final walk to destiny along the back corridor. Throw in a history of unhelpful modernisations and extensions, involving a maze of corridors and weird, narrow staircases without obvious purpose and a general state of dilapidation, and the fact that it was massive and never enough people worked there to make it feel really alive, you're sort of set up for folk to have weird experiences. I only set foot in the place a few times, helpfully usually when the place was almost empty, and frankly it was difficult to relax there.

So did the workers there have a happy time, with the days flying by in a blur of laughter and light? Of course not, it was weird shit after weird shit to the point where some of them probably thought they were in their own personal episode of Most Haunted

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Why do so many sightings involve ghosts that are wearing clothes? How does that even work...

And they're almost never doing things like eating crisps, reading a book, cracking one out, or just being asleep.

I think we'd relate to them a lot more if they did this sort of thing rather than just floating about going "woooooooo" etc

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's people out there that believe anything.

It terrifies me that there's people out there that believe in ghosts, magic, voodoo, curses, luck, etc but think climate change is a hoax and 5G gives you viruses.

You forgot angels and crystal healing.

I have to say, I find what people believe fascinating. There was a thing on the Guardian website yesterday about the number of people in the UK that believe in QAnon and associated bollocks conspiracies, and yes, it's quite a few. What's going on, guys? What draws people to things that have zero evidence to support them? That's every bit as interesting as the thing they believe in, I find

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

There's people out there that believe anything.

It terrifies me that there's people out there that believe in ghosts, magic, voodoo, curses, luck, etc but think climate change is a hoax and 5G gives you viruses.

Shill