Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ginger_Filbert

Unexplained Experiences/Ghosts

Now I know 90% of people think the paranormal is non existent, I’ve always been of the same opinion and think I still am.
My girlfriend wanted to go and do a ouija board at a friends and pretty much forced me to go along, so I did with not much of an open mind. 
Basically to cut a long story short, the ouija board was fairly reactive. 
We were getting ‘intelligent’ responses but very vague. 
My question is, has anyone else really experienced something they can’t explain? I’m pretty certain no one was moving the glass as I was looking out for this more than what it was actually spelling out. 
Now I’m not saying I’ve turned into a believer, I just can’t explain what happened and it has left me questioning how anyone could have manipulated the glass and would like other people’s opinions. 

• Like 1

We stopped in a hotel next to St Pancras Station many years ago. My wife reckoned she saw a ghost in the middle of the night, I was asleep at the time. A year or so later the hotel was featured on a programme about ghost and she's convinced she's right now.

The only problem is, there no such thing as ghosts.

• Haha 3

I lived in quite an old early 19th century house growing up which used to form part of a terrace which my parents bought with the intention of eventually making into one cottage. They moved in in the early 80s whilst there was a very old lady still living in one of the small terraces, but she died before I was born and they eventually took over her place.

I can't remember it, but my family insists I used to talk to an old man that used to stand at the end of my bed - my aunt insists it was the old lady's husband who died in the 70s. He was called "Winker", apparently. 

Then I found out that I was so reluctant to sleep that my parents took to putting whisky in my drinks to knock me out for the entire night, so it's no fvcking surprise I was hallucinating. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 things in the sky that I could not explain one in china and one over here, one was a massive triangle object and me and my mate was speechless then another time here me and my mate was looking up at night and this thing has come flying over our heads very high up and basically done a quick 90 degree turn and shot off at at speed like nothing ive seen before we was both like wtf.

Had a one or two ghostly experiences nothing to make me believe in them though.

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

2 things in the sky that I could not explain one in china and one over here, one was a massive triangle object and me and my mate was speechless then another time here me and my mate was looking up at night and this thing has come flying over our heads very high up and basically done a quick 90 degree turn and shot off at at speed like nothing ive seen before we was both like wtf.

Had a one or two ghostly experiences nothing to make me believe in them though.

Was it one of these? 

I did a session with a Ouija board many years ago with my girlfriend at the time and my mate and his girlfriend

I remember it like it was yesterday...

It was done in my mates g/f flat and she had a cat at the time.

We hadn’t had a drink that night and had organised to go round purely to do this ‘activity’

It happened.....

The glass at a few points was whizzing around the table even though all four of us had a finger on it. It wasn’t really spelling anything to note, that I recollect, but it was flying around from one letter to another.

The most bizarre thing though was the cat. The atmosphere in the lounge area genuinely seemed to change, it just got ‘Eerie’ and the bloody cat went mental! It was clawing up the curtains, tearing about like a mad thing and just wanted OUT. 
None of this is made up. I vowed then and there to never do this again, and I never have to this day. Myself and my g/f drove home not really talking much, just giving each other the odd look and mouthing ‘wtf’!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, danny. said:

I've done loads of ghost hunting evenings, I don't believe in the paranormal at all but it's a great way to see old buildings that there is normally no access to. I also like trolling.

A ouija board is so easy to manipulate, I know as I've done it loads of times. The last time was at the Guild hall just before covid, someone thought their dead grandma was talking to them, the leader asked for a name and the person whispered her name and the unusual spelling to her friend, I heard this and it was trivial to spell it with a bit of pinky manipulation, of course everyone was amazing and convinced her grandma was there. 

The human pendulum equally easy to troll, as are vibration detectors and the K2 detectors. And I've been on evenings where other people are clearing trolling too - that probably explains most of it.

I know I'm going to hell, but fortunately that doesn't exist either. I feel did quite bad once, though, when a woman started full on sobbing after a 15 minute chat with her recently departed husband via a vibration censor which was just me leaning on a loose floorboard from across the room at the right times.

With these events nowadays as well, you'd be surprised just how much information you can get from people online beforehand from social media. You already know who is sitting where based on the tickets going in and beforehand they have teams of people who source everyone's social media profiles to check for any unusual information going in. Social media has become a goldmine for these kinds of clairvoyent.

Not clairvoyent's as they claim to be magicians /mentalists, but you should watch The Evasons if you want to see how it's done well. They're incredible, they source information about everyone by going searching the social media profiles of everyone beforehand and checking the place they're sitting in the audience based on their seats and then communicate with each other by saying slightly different sentances when one's in the audience and one's blindfolded on stage.

They were on Penn and Teller before, it's an incredible act and done much better than almost anyone claiming to be a clairvoyant. Must take tons of research and having an incredible memory.

• Like 1

I totally believe in stuff like this, but I don't think you should mess with it. Of course there are con artists out there as with anything. Personally speaking I used to work in a really old building and you often got a sense of someone in a room with you. My friend used to work four long days and so was normally last one out - she would always say goodbye to the ghost/spirit/whatever when she left. 

Ouijas boards are complete bullshit. Come on man. How can you believe that crap lollol  Everyone knows how they work. 

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20130729-what-makes-the-ouija-board-move

https://sciencenordic.com/behaviour-denmark-superstition/how-ouija-boards-really-work/1457820 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322863 

And don't get me on sh*t like psychics.my god they are absolute vermin. 

• Like 1

I'm not a believer in ghosts.  I have, however, had a couple of experiences that I couldn't explain away and if they had been experienced by others may have been attributed to ghosts.

The first happened in the early 70s.  I was driving to Sileby at around 11pm and turned off what we called the Six Hills Road north of Leicester onto the Ratcliffe Road which led to Sileby.  Those of you who know the road will remember that after turning left off the slip road you have to travel up one hill, down the other side then up another rise to get to the outskirts of Sileby.  Anyway when I turned off the slip road there was another car around 150m ahead so I kept my lights dimmed.  I saw the figure of a man standing on the left side of the road, looked like he was waiting to cross.  After the car ahead of me went past him he stepped out, that didn't bother me as I calculated that he had time enough to get across the road before I reached him.  The car ahead then went over the hill so I put my lights on to main beam, by this time the figure was already three-quarters of the way across the road.  My lights went straight through him.  I maintained my speed but couldn't take my eyes off him.  As I drew level the figure dissolved and vanished.  I didn't stop or panic, just got to my destination then tried to work out what I'd seen.  I still haven't managed it.  

I should add that I was sober (never been one to drink and drive).

The second happened around 15 years ago.  At the time I was on an EU commission and in Brussels regularly.  I mostly stayed at the same ancient (and relatively cheap) hotel in one of their tiny single rooms.  I rarely got a great nights sleep, there were always lots of creaking and the odd thump which I put down to the construction of the place and the likely vintage plumbing.  One one occasion I was told when I arrived that there were no single rooms left so I had been upgraded.  Happy days I thought, and sure enough I got a large room with a really comfortable bed.  The only downside was that the ceiling light wasn't adequate so the hotel had thoughtfully put a couple of free-standing lamps in the room together with a couple of bedside lamps.  Unfortunately as the hotel was pretty old there was no central control of the lights from the bedside table as you get in modern hotels so when I went to bed I had to turn them off individually.  I had a really good night's sleep and when I woke up I was so comfortable I didn't want to get up, but I had work to so so I said out loud 'Get up you lazy ****' at which point every light in the room came on.  I thought that was a good trick so went down to reception and congratulated them on the installation of their voice activated lighting.  They looked worried and I had to explain what voice activated lighting was, they assured me that they didn't have it in the hotel.  Strange but true.

• Like 1

I don't believe in this stuff as a rule but had a really spooky encounter many years ago.

We were 'trying' for our first child and the wife had had numerous miscarriage's and was getting really upset that we just couldn't have kids.

Then one night I awoke in the early hours and I swear to God there was a ghost like figure of an old woman standing over the wife's side of the bed. She was just standing there but looking kinda sympathetic, caring and understanding.

I wasn't scared but just mezmorised as I lay still watching for a few seconds. Then the old woman ghost disappeared and I eventually went back to sleep.

A few days later the wife tells me she's pregnant and lo and behold our daughter arrives 9 months later.

Still freaks me out thinking about it now. The miraculous conception @Benguin?

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I don't believe in this stuff as a rule but had a really spooky encounter many years ago.

We were 'trying' for our first child and the wife had had numerous miscarriage's and was getting really upset that we just couldn't have kids.

Then one night I awoke in the early hours and I swear to God there was a ghost like figure of an old woman standing over the wife's side of the bed. She was just standing there but looking kinda sympathetic, caring and understanding.

I wasn't scared but just mezmorised as I lay still watching for a few seconds. Then the old woman ghost disappeared and I eventually went back to sleep.

A few days later the wife tells me she's pregnant and lo and behold our daughter arrives 9 months later.

Well it's good enough for the Virgin Mary....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Something something ectoplasm.