Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The mental gymnastics of working class people that hate Labour, now trying to convince themselves that a capital gains tax increase will affect them, and that the personal allowance going up would somehow be bad for them, is a curious one! 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted
8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The mental gymnastics of working class people that hate Labour, now trying to convince themselves that a capital gains tax increase will affect them, and that the personal allowance going up would somehow be bad for them, is a curious one! 

I love it, it’s such an interesting human experiment. The bottom 50% of earners contribute a small amount, the average happy clapper is a net burden on society given they sponge free education, healthcare, pension income and get paid to stay at home if they’re feeling anxious or sad. Yet somehow said happy clapper thinks the country is ‘finished mate.’  
Investors are gonna own this country and have won the war by showing happy clappers made up news on Twitter LOL

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted
1 minute ago, CornwallFox said:

The other day I witnessed a pair of kayaks coming in from an afternoon drifting around a calm and quiet cove in bright sunshine. One of the kayakers was loudly explaining to their friend that the "country's finished" and it's virtually unliveable now. 

Kayaking community are notoriously toxic and right wing. Basically the German Youth from back in the day.

  • Haha 3
Posted
2 minutes ago, CornwallFox said:

The other day I witnessed a pair of kayaks coming in from an afternoon drifting around a calm and quiet cove in bright sunshine. One of the kayakers was loudly explaining to their friend that the "country's finished" and it's virtually unliveable now. 

And the dark irony is that it is thanks to the ignorance and prejudice of those who think the "country's finished" that the UK, among other places, may actually become finished and unlivable. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Kayaking community are notoriously toxic and right wing. Basically the German Youth from back in the day.

Bloody hell, who knew a few pieces of plastic used for recreational travel on water could generate such toxic sentiment. :ph34r:

  • Haha 1
Posted
13 minutes ago, CornwallFox said:

The other day I witnessed a pair of kayaks coming in from an afternoon drifting around a calm and quiet cove in bright sunshine. One of the kayakers was loudly explaining to their friend that the "country's finished" and it's virtually unliveable now. 

Did he mention the small boats?

  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, CornwallFox said:

The other day I witnessed a pair of kayaks coming in from an afternoon drifting around a calm and quiet cove in bright sunshine. One of the kayakers was loudly explaining to their friend that the "country's finished" and it's virtually unliveable now. 

Absolutely. Lived in Portsmouth for many years until recently and still go back regularly as still have very good friends there. Supposedly the city with the 3rd highest crime rate in the UK and plenty of these thugs protesting against the RNLI been about recently. And now, don't get me wrong, of course there's more rough sleepers and the like since the 2008 financial crisis, but it's still a fantastic city with largely great people where I never felt remotely unsafe even when walking home alone at 3am and people don't half exaggerate about how society is crumbling there. You go round the city and all you actually see are friends and family enjoying each others company, laughing, sharing meals with each other. The seafront, Southsea common and the South Downs to the North of the city are still beautiful places where you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere and theyve rebuilt the pedestrianised are on the seafront in recent years and it looks great and they council have done a great job there. But people only moan about the construction going on, as if no construction can ever happen and the city should remain stagnant.

 

I think a lot of it is just we see everything now. Every 3am scrap that has always gone on is now filmed and plastered over local Facebook groups and people say it shoes how young adults have no respect anymore? But Britain is still a beautiful country with beautiful nature and still great and social people and certainly isn't close to being "finished" or "a failed state" or whatever the latest buzzword to shit on the country abd put it down is. Also find it hard to get my head round are those that constantly go on about what a shithole Britain is are often the ones who claim they're the most patriotic.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4
Posted

Good to see from Andy Burnham increasing paid compassionate leave for couples who go through miscarriages imho (unless I've been duped by the internet and you never know these days)

  • Like 3
Posted
8 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Good to see from Andy Burnham increasing paid compassionate leave for couples who go through miscarriages imho (unless I've been duped by the internet and you never know these days)

Agreed - this should of been done a long time ago. It's such a small cost for such an important thing. 

  • Like 3
Posted

I was out today and noticed how many fruit trees there were in people's gardens and in council land, where the fruit was just dropping to the floor and rotting.

 

So I asked Google, how much fruit goes unharvested each year in the UK. The answer was 800,000 tonnes! Which I further found out is enough to provide 5 a day to just under 23 million people, that's roughly a ⅓rd of the UK.

 

Obviously you can't get every last apple, cherry or pear, but in a world where roughly 9 million people die of malnutrition each year... it's both depressing and annoying.

  • Like 4
Posted
2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I was out today and noticed how many fruit trees there were in people's gardens and in council land, where the fruit was just dropping to the floor and rotting.

 

So I asked Google, how much fruit goes unharvested each year in the UK. The answer was 800,000 tonnes! Which I further found out is enough to provide 5 a day to just under 23 million people, that's roughly a ⅓rd of the UK.

 

Obviously you can't get every last apple, cherry or pear, but in a world where roughly 9 million people die of malnutrition each year... it's both depressing and annoying.

To quote the Illusive Man, when it comes to problem solving:

 

"It's always a question of resources."

 

Or, in this case, logistics. 

 

There is more than enough food grown to feed everyone on this planet with more to spare. The problem lies, as it has always done, in the logistics of the distribution of it. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Absolutely. Lived in Portsmouth for many years until recently and still go back regularly as still have very good friends there. Supposedly the city with the 3rd highest crime rate in the UK and plenty of these thugs protesting against the RNLI been about recently. And now, don't get me wrong, of course there's more rough sleepers and the like since the 2008 financial crisis, but it's still a fantastic city with largely great people where I never felt remotely unsafe even when walking home alone at 3am and people don't half exaggerate about how society is crumbling there. You go round the city and all you actually see are friends and family enjoying each others company, laughing, sharing meals with each other. The seafront, Southsea common and the South Downs to the North of the city are still beautiful places where you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere and theyve rebuilt the pedestrianised are on the seafront in recent years and it looks great and they council have done a great job there. But people only moan about the construction going on, as if no construction can ever happen and the city should remain stagnant.

 

I think a lot of it is just we see everything now. Every 3am scrap that has always gone on is now filmed and plastered over local Facebook groups and people say it shoes how young adults have no respect anymore? But Britain is still a beautiful country with beautiful nature and still great and social people and certainly isn't close to being "finished" or "a failed state" or whatever the latest buzzword to shit on the country abd put it down is. Also find it hard to get my head round are those that constantly go on about what a shithole Britain is are often the ones who claim they're the most patriotic.

Yep agree with this. I’ve massively reduced my social media use in the past years due to this. 


Slightly different point but it’s taken the wonder & mystery out of things too. I had this discussion with someone the other day. Say you’re going to a concert, you already know what it’ll be like because you’ve seen it plastered all over social media 
 

 

Posted
2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

To quote the Illusive Man, when it comes to problem solving:

 

"It's always a question of resources."

 

Or, in this case, logistics. 

 

There is more than enough food grown to feed everyone on this planet with more to spare. The problem lies, as it has always done, in the logistics of the distribution of it. 

This I don't believe.

 

Where there's a will, there's a way.

 

Given some of the accomplishments of humankind, this is child's play. If they needed that 800,000 tonnes to feed an army, you could bet it would be moved.

 

It's not the logistics - that's just difficult. The resources exist. It's the willingness to use those resources because, "what's in it for me?"

  • Like 1
Posted
41 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

This I don't believe.

 

Where there's a will, there's a way.

 

Given some of the accomplishments of humankind, this is child's play. If they needed that 800,000 tonnes to feed an army, you could bet it would be moved.

 

It's not the logistics - that's just difficult. The resources exist. It's the willingness to use those resources because, "what's in it for me?"

No, perhaps I wasn't clear there. 

 

I absolutely agree with you here - the logistics is the problem, but it certainly is by no means insurmountable. Like you said, it's the lack of will to apply those logistics that is the real issue behind the logistical problem. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Last week while away in Wales, I got a parking ticket for "not parked correctly within the markings of bay or space". As the car was parked within the 3 white lines visible, the other side being a cliff, I appealed. 

The challenge was accepted. However, they noted that "there is another bay making line, however it is completely faded".

 

So, you've given out a penalty for not parking within an invisible line? Surely the parking warden could also not see the line and used common sense? I assume that too much to ask? 

Posted
2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Last week while away in Wales, I got a parking ticket for "not parked correctly within the markings of bay or space". As the car was parked within the 3 white lines visible, the other side being a cliff, I appealed. 

The challenge was accepted. However, they noted that "there is another bay making line, however it is completely faded".

 

So, you've given out a penalty for not parking within an invisible line? Surely the parking warden could also not see the line and used common sense? I assume that too much to ask? 

They will make loads of money from inertia. I reckon 90% wouldn’t appeal and conclude ‘this country’s gone mate finished mate ticket office shambles.’ Good on you for appealing. 
The culture of the country is to scam and steal from the happy clappers until they squeal, which they are proving they will do the opposite of (refer post above from sol the wall bamba).

Tbf I as I work with PE and offshore I’m part of the systemic plucking of happy clappers, which is wrong but I’m feeling less guilty about by the day

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
19 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They will make loads of money from inertia. I reckon 90% wouldn’t appeal and conclude ‘this country’s gone mate finished mate ticket office shambles.’ Good on you for appealing. 
The culture of the country is to scam and steal from the happy clappers until they squeal, which they are proving they will do the opposite of (refer post above from sol the wall bamba).

Tbf I as I work with PE and offshore I’m part of the systemic plucking of happy clappers, which is wrong but I’m feeling less guilty about by the day

People obviously have more money than sense. They can naff off, if they thought they'd get £50 off me for doing nothing wrong, they were wrong. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Ummmmm...

 

... the French, Spanish and Dutch during the Revolutionary War?

 

... the native Americans right at the start and onwards?

 

... and dare I say, the thousands of enslaved chattel brought in to build and work until they died at the hands of people like yourself, Mr Mannarino?

 

 

FB_IMG_1790269088223.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Ummmmm...

 

... the French, Spanish and Dutch during the Revolutionary War?

 

... the native Americans right at the start and onwards?

 

... and dare I say, the thousands of enslaved chattel brought in to build and work until they died at the hands of people like yourself, Mr Mannarino?

 

 

FB_IMG_1790269088223.jpg

Imagine having the second name 'Mannarino' and evoking some kind of manifest destiny pioneer spirit as if the people who originally cultivated that image for themselves wouldn't have barred you from every institution in town just for having a vowel at the end of your name. 

  • Like 1
Posted
12 minutes ago, bovril said:

Imagine having the second name 'Mannarino' and evoking some kind of manifest destiny pioneer spirit as if the people who originally cultivated that image for themselves wouldn't have barred you from every institution in town just for having a vowel at the end of your name. 

Exactly.

 

Along with the plentiful use of... which slur would it be again? Dago? Wop? Greaser? Guido?

Posted
On 21/09/2026 at 22:25, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The mental gymnastics of working class people that hate Labour, now trying to convince themselves that a capital gains tax increase will affect them, and that the personal allowance going up would somehow be bad for them, is a curious one! 

More of that in the past 24 hours on the booze at football stuff.

 

Blokes now convincing themselves things they enjoy are shit just because Labour are in favour of it.

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Exactly.

 

Along with the plentiful use of... which slur would it be again? Dago? Wop? Greaser? Guido?

Dago, wop, guinea, garlic-breath, pizza-slingin', spaghetti-bendin', Vic Damone, Perry Como, Luciano Pavarotti, solo mio, non-singin' mother****er.

  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...