Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frank Large's Black Book

Christian Fuchs on Rodgers and Vards (Talksh*te - sorry)

9 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Am I the only person that likes TalkSport? 

If you don't take it too serious and can see beyond the deliberate waffle that is set up to cause a stir, it's not a bad listen most of the time. 

it is what it is, its probably the only station I listen to... its not read from a script like most shows these days

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

If you don't take it too serious and can see beyond the deliberate waffle that is set up to cause a stir, it's not a bad listen most of the time. 

Used to. It's become one giant clickbait radio show now. I find people like Alan Brazil utterly foul and would never choose to listen to him.

Adrian Durham has just become so obvious it's painful, it's just all too set-up. 

As for the sports bar, well it's even worse than Durham in terms of obviousness. There are too many good football podcasts that actually focus on the sport and not making people angry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Probably no worse than Radio 5sh*te with the calibre of pundit(?) they now have on, just wanting to provoke a reaction to boost their own egos.

I'm looking at you, Sutton.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, squarez said:

Genuine question. Do you guys actually listen to radio? Why not just listen to podcasts or your own music on Spotify or whatever?

I used to but in the last number of years fan media has taken off to the point I no longer listen to the radio. For Celtic content there are a few full time podcasts who produce really, excellent, varied stuff and then for football in general there are tons of free high quality podcasts out there also.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

2 minutes ago, squarez said:

Genuine question. Do you guys actually listen to radio? Why not just listen to podcasts or your own music on Spotify or whatever?

Podcasts are great and I like listening to them too, but they tend to have more of an in depth discussion and go into more detail which I'd sooner sit and listen to in full.

I just listen to TalkSport on my work breaks here and there for the 'live' updates or discussions I'm not going to be too fussed about missing parts of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I used to enjoy it but it's mainly dreadful now. Dull ex-pros, Jim White, Durham all a waste of time.

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

I used to enjoy it but it's mainly dreadful now. Dull ex-pros, Jim White, Durham all a waste of time.

White is annoying. I think Simon Jordan talks a lot of sense and Durham is actually more tolerable now than before.. he doesn't come across as trying too hard to be controversial, unless that's just the days I've tuned in lol

1 hour ago, squarez said:

Yeah - I actually listen to the radio from time to time. Old school or what? (Tried watching it for a while but nothing much happened).

Tried listening to my own music on Spotify as well but all Jimi Hendrix talks about is Liverpool's injury crisis...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Yeah - I actually listen to the radio from time to time. Old school or what? (Tried watching it for a while but nothing much happened).

Tried listening to my own music on Spotify as well but all Jimi Hendrix talks about is Liverpool's injury crisis...

Just seems mad to me that radio is such a booming business in 2020, so much so that Murdoch has recently just set up a new station to broadcast his poison 24/7.

I'm not joking when I say I don't think I've listened to "the radio" in about ten years. Don't understand how when everyone's got 4G, everything's got bluetooth and there's a bottomless pit of "audio content" (music, podcasts, audiobooks) online that people actively choose to listen to Alan Brazil in 15 minute chunks inbetween adverts for double glazing and the DFS sale.

Edited by squarez

19 minutes ago, squarez said:

Just seems mad to me that radio is such a booming business in 2020, so much so that Murdoch has recently just set up a new station to broadcast his poison 24/7.

I'm not joking when I say I don't think I've listened to "the radio" in about ten years. Don't understand how when everyone's got 4G, everything's got bluetooth and there's a bottomless pit of "audio content" (music, podcasts, audiobooks) online that people actively choose to listen to Alan Brazil in 15 minute chunks inbetween adverts for double glazing and the DFS sale.

So it's the medium rather than the message? 

It's just people talking however you access it.