Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frank Large's Black Book

Christian Fuchs on Rodgers and Vards (Talksh*te - sorry)

42 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really like Fuchs. Just like the way he plays the game. Air of elegance about it. I do wish he took our free kicks though - I'm sure he was renowned for it in Germany.

I was gutted about that shot he twonked toward goal against Wolves that took Evans out. It looked tasty.

56 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

anyone know what time he was on? wouldn't mind going back and listening to the whole interview. might be a question for @UpTheLeagueFox as I seem to remember he works for them.

He was on after 9am this morning

Click on the 0900-0930 link

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1605679200/1605690000/

EDIT: I've just listened to the whole lot. It's very good, some serious stuff and plenty of light hearted bits too. Good radio.

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Am I the only person that likes TalkSport? 

If you don't take it too serious and can see beyond the deliberate waffle that is set up to cause a stir, it's not a bad listen most of the time. 

I do listen and don’t mind it just pi55es me off the constant Ass kissing of the old top 6 how great they are etc etc etc, then certain presenters who support a certain club will almost talk about them for the entirety of his show as if their the only team in the league !

Then is the ones who sound almost bitter when they have to big up Leicester’s achievements but only for a second or two but not only Leicester, they seem to think the EPL is centred around every club in London!

So all in all it’s not a bad station it’s just full of Biased Tw@s who are just a big bunch of biased self centred Cockwombles!!

35 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I do listen and don’t mind it just pi55es me off the constant Ass kissing of the old top 6 how great they are etc etc etc, then certain presenters who support a certain club will almost talk about them for the entirety of his show as if their the only team in the league !

Then is the ones who sound almost bitter when they have to big up Leicester’s achievements but only for a second or two but not only Leicester, they seem to think the EPL is centred around every club in London!

So all in all it’s not a bad station it’s just full of Biased Tw@s who are just a big bunch of biased self centred Cockwombles!!

They're just pandering to their audience really.

Most of their revenue and interest comes from the 'big 6' and their plastic followers.

If they were to sit talking about clubs like Forest Green Rovers for too long people would lose interest and that's not sustainable.

London is where the money is, where they're based and where I'd imagine they generate most of their money from sponsors and advertisements etc.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really like Fuchs. Just like the way he plays the game. Air of elegance about it. I do wish he took our free kicks though - I'm sure he was renowned for it in Germany.

There was a thread on here a year or so back when people were challenged as to who they would want to take a penalty if their life depended on it . I opted for Christian and about a week or so later he took a penalty in a shoot out for something or other and it was the worst penalty I’d ever seen lol

• Like 1

I listen to talkSPORT occasionally and normally find that the best shows are the not the ones at breakfast or drive time, though what little I've heard of Laura Woods seems decent. H&J, Hugh Woozencroft, Mark Saggers, Max Rushden and Danny Kelly are all very good hosts in my opinion. I also enjoyed listening to Georgie Bingham when she was on. Personally, the only ones I can't abide are Jason Cundy and Andy Goldstein. talkSPORT have also broadcast On the Sporting Couch, which is also available as a podcast and is often a really fascinating listen.

I liken it to Radio 1 really. You're more likely to find interesting stuff at non prime-time hours. The phone-in wind-ups on talkSPORT are normally on the air when they expect a lot of listeners. Tune in at other times and you might be surprised at how good it can be.

Having not addressed the topic in the OP at all, I'll just add that I'm loving how Fuchs is finding a new lease of life in a back three. It would brilliant if he can earn another medal of some sort before he saunters off to the States.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

On the Sporting Couch, which is also available as a podcast and is often a really fascinating listen.

Yep, On the Sporting Couch is brilliant radio. I remember listening to the Brian Moore one a few years a go, really fascinating listening to him talking about his life and all the challenges he encountered (challenges to put it mildly) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

talkSPORT have also broadcast On the Sporting Couch, which is also available as a podcast and is often a really fascinating listen.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Yep, On the Sporting Couch is brilliant radio. I remember listening to the Brian Moore one a few years a go, really fascinating listening to him talking about his life and all the challenges he encountered (challenges to put it mildly) 

I've downloaded a few On The Sporting Couch and My Sporting Life podcasts from talkSPORT to listen to on long journeys.

There's a MSL with Brian Little which obviously touches on his time with us as part of the story.

It was recorded in 2015 but I only listened recently.

Such a lovely bloke, easy on the ear too.

https://play.acast.com/s/my-sporting-life/brianlittle-mysportinglifearchive

• Thanks 1

Fuchs is a legend and his loyalty should be richly rewarded.  It is not everyday you can win a Premier League medal let alone be part of our incredible 5000-1 story! Even top top worldclass players would love to be part of something like that (and in fact many go through their careers without winning much). (This is why, as an aside, I cannot understand the likes of Kante, Drinky and Mahrez who wanted to leave so soon after winning.) And we are forever grateful to the players and the club that we could be part of it as fans too.

Also, he is actually a very good player! We should be thankful also that he stayed notwithstanding he was relegated to be backup to Chilwell - who in my opinion as I expressed the same now as I did for the past few years is not as good as Fuchs. It shows you how much he places the club above himself.

Thank you Fuchs.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Fuchs is a legend and his loyalty should be richly rewarded.  It is not everyday you can win a Premier League medal let alone be part of our incredible 5000-1 story! Even top top worldclass players would love to be part of something like that (and in fact many go through their careers without winning much). (This is why, as an aside, I cannot understand the likes of Kante, Drinky and Mahrez who wanted to leave so soon after winning.) And we are forever grateful to the players and the club that we could be part of it as fans too.

Also, he is actually a very good player! We should be thankful also that he stayed notwithstanding he was relegated to be backup to Chilwell - who in my opinion as I expressed the same now as I did for the past few years is not as good as Fuchs. It shows you how much he places the club above himself.

Thank you Fuchs.

You're being a bit blue-eyed and romantic here. It's not difficult to understand being attracted to higher salary, prestige, superior setups and teammates, sponsorship deals, consistent title challenges etc. 

We were in a different place back then and we gave developed significantly as a club in those years.

If Fuchs had been in high demand, he would've considered going, of course. His loyalty is just as much tied to the fact he likely won't get close to a similar financial package elsewhere.

16 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He was on after 9am this morning

Click on the 0900-0930 link

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1605679200/1605690000/

EDIT: I've just listened to the whole lot. It's very good, some serious stuff and plenty of light hearted bits too. Good radio.

You would say that wouldn't you! :P

Starts at 05:45

Edited by Steven

You've got to love the Austrian Fox. He really seems to get the club, the city, the whole culture here. He'll be a big miss when he finally decamps to Manhattan with his family and dodgy T-shirts. 

As for Talk Sport, I rate H & J. Good double-act. And as for unintentional comedy, Mike Parry every time. When I first heard him, I thought it was an elaborate piss-take. 

If it is, it's a good one...

• Like 1

Currently the third highest paid Austrian Footballer.   So his obvious loyalty is a two way street.  Great man, met and spoke with him at our Austrian Training Camp 3 years ago and he is an absolutely top man.

• Like 1