Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was obviously concerned that when Vardy goes we will struggle, when Youri goes we also may, and now another name to add to the list ffs

My concern is the lead time. We just don't know how long Evans will last and, unlike the other 2, there is no one in the wings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drumbeat said:

My concern is the lead time. We just don't know how long Evans will last and, unlike the other 2, there is no one in the wings.

Agree, and another Fofana is not the answer (be great too mind) but a cool experienced head, and I fancy a non showy name with experience would be the ticket. Guess this was the thinking behind Tarkowski, assume first choice, yet we settled with Vestergaard

• Sad 1

Quite embarrassing reading some of the posts on page 1 of this thread, how some can question him is beyond me. He is the glue that holds our defence together and one of the best central defenders in the Premier league. Let's hope that this foot injury doesn't continue to effect him, we are fooked if it does.

23 minutes ago, smitha said:

Quite embarrassing reading some of the posts on page 1 of this thread, how some can question him is beyond me. He is the glue that holds our defence together and one of the best central defenders in the Premier league. Let's hope that this foot injury doesn't continue to effect him, we are fooked if it does.

You understand how form works right? The criticisms I made when I started this thread were valid at the time and the same sort of questions have been asked of other players when their form has been the pits for a long period of time. 

2 minutes ago, smitha said:

This was not aimed at you personally but many thought he was on the decline and finished, the guy is class and as I said still one the best today, just look at the Percy tweet. For 3.5 million he was an absolute steel.

You need to learn how to quote lol, but I'm guessing you're replying to me as I replied to you.

I started this thread, so when you say some of the stuff was embarrassing, I was the main one talking bringing it up. There's nothing wrong with questioning if a player in his 30's might be declining, especially when he's playing as badly as Evans was a year ago. I'll be delighted if he can prove us wrong and we get a little more of him at the top of his game, but to call it embarrassing that people might think at his age he might not get back to his level, well that's embarrassing.