Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

And you must be mad to think Evans will play for his country….he won’t, he is there for what he brings to the dressing room…..and the youthful squad NI have….called experience fella

It’s your comparison that’s the madness! 

besides, he needs to be focusing on getting back to full fitness, not passing on experience. 

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

And you must be mad to think Evans will play for his country….he won’t, he is there for what he brings to the dressing room…..and the youthful squad NI have….called experience fella

Being named as a player means he can be used as a player. If they just wanted him for experience they could invite him along, they didn't have to call up into the squad. He's not even the most capped player or the captain, that's Steven Davis. They also have another 3 players with over 50 caps. There's no doubt he's one of their top players, and that's why they've called him up, to try and get him to play.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Use Wes Morgan as the analogy last season…in the dressing room every game, never played……Evans won’t play….get over it

Using Wes Morgan as an analogy, he's not registered as a player this season, but there's nothing stopping him turning up every day.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Praying for some divine intervention here because the Cags / Vestergaard combo does not fill me with confidence.

Soyuncu moving to RCB is another problem we could have done without, I feared this would happen when we kept getting linked with Vestergaard.

• Like 1

Spotted it after about half an hour, same as at Wembley he clearly felt something go because he just wasn't moving right at all. Given how Napoli finished the half I was surprised they waited to make the change. He's the difference between challenging for the top 6 and the top 10 for me.

• Like 1

I think it was about the 12th minute, when I first saw him twinge in a bit of pain.

Pretty sure it happened just before a corner for them, and you could see him bent over a bit.

Although it can't just be me who doesn't think our defence is the major issue right now?

If we allow teams to have wave after wave of attack, our defence will concede at some point.

It's like the Osimhen header, I've seen people blame Soyuncu, when the only way that goal can be stopped is by somebody preventing the cross. The second he's got a run on him, Soyuncu has no chance at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, it's a worry. One we just have to manage until the next transfer window at least. I'm worried this is the start of the end of Evan's career. He/we have to manage his game time and at the same time minimise disruption to the defensive lineup. 

We really need Soyuncu to figure out where he's at at the moment, and figure it out pronto. 

11 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I think it was about the 12th minute, when I first saw him twinge in a bit of pain.

Pretty sure it happened just before a corner for them, and you could see him bent over a bit.

Although it can't just be me who doesn't think our defence is the major issue right now?

If we allow teams to have wave after wave of attack, our defence will concede at some point.

It's like the Osimhen header, I've seen people blame Soyuncu, when the only way that goal can be stopped is by somebody preventing the cross. The second he's got a run on him, Soyuncu has no chance at all.

It looked to me like he struggled after blocking a shot with his head - not dissimilar to a game last year where he said afterwards he was probably a little concussed.  Maybe it was more to do with his foot given rodgers comments. 

cags looked ok at the start of the second half - vesty was the one who seemed to struggle more. As the half went on we did drop deeper and deeper though which left the defence little room to manoeuvre. I’m sure that Brendan was more annoyed with vestegaards attempt to block osimhen on the first than cags on the second.  With Jonny we were hardly solid in the first half though.  Again that could be related to his injury although he cannot yet be match sharp. 

• Like 2

...did he actually have the operation or did we chose to give it time to sort itself out!!!

Time is not going to resolve this and it is an inconsistent ailment. Unless and operation can resolve the problem then his career moves from playing to coaching, he will have to make a decision two years ahead of time.

Rodgers has been through this, where his career has been taken away from him, he may just be the right person to turn to.