Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...did he actually have the operation or did we chose to give it time to sort itself out!!!

Time is not going to resolve this and it is an inconsistent ailment. Unless and operation can resolve the problem then his career moves from playing to coaching, he will have to make a decision two years ahead of time.

Rodgers has been through this, where his career has been taken away from him, he may just be the right person to turn to.

No op - i'm not sure that there is a procedure that has a good chance of success

• Like 1

I actually thought he re-injured his back, because you could see him doing that classic hands on hips stretching pose I know from painful experience on a couple of dead balls.  

Evans is probably destined to be a part-time player for whatever career he has left - the foot problems he's dealing with never really "go away".  It's sad, but the club needs to move on.

I'm sad to say it but I think this is the beginning of the end of Johnny Evans. He is 34 soon and very injury prone. Vestergaard is only a temporary solution. So unless Soyunco recaptured his form, we only got Fofana as a top CB. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I'm sad to say it but I think this is the beginning of the end of Johnny Evans. He is 34 soon and very injury prone. Vestergaard is only a temporary solution. So unless Soyunco recaptured his form, we only got Fofana as a top CB. 

I'd like to see Fofana and Jaws as a pair before I write Vestergaard off.  He's young enough to have a few good years in him and when right, one of the best distributors out of the back in the PL (which is especially important as our manager insists on playing out of the back and our keeper is shocking at distribution).  I can see Fofana and him complementing each other very well.

• Like 4

On 17/09/2021 at 12:51, st albans fox said:

No op - i'm not sure that there is a procedure that has a good chance of success

Considering his foot problem started early this year it’s taken far too long to make a decision, surely if an operation to cure the problem was the solution, then why has it not been done. If it’s more complex than this then it could suggest his playing career is coming to an end

3 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Considering his foot problem started early this year it’s taken far too long to make a decision, surely if an operation to cure the problem was the solution, then why has it not been done. If it’s more complex than this then it could suggest his playing career is coming to an end

Unless i've missed anything new, I think the injury is plantar fasciitis and in most cases operations aren't required/wouldn't cure the injury/pain. 

I've suffered from it for about 18 months, it's non uncommon in runners, and it can be anything from no pain/sensation whatsoever to absolute agony with no real obvious cause. Physio treatment can help long term, but even that is a long process. 

I am far from a medical professional, but I get the impression that it's more complicated than a standard break or muscle injury etc.  

On 17/09/2021 at 19:22, Deeg67 said:

I actually thought he re-injured his back, because you could see him doing that classic hands on hips stretching pose I know from painful experience on a couple of dead balls.  

Evans is probably destined to be a part-time player for whatever career he has left - the foot problems he's dealing with never really "go away".  It's sad, but the club needs to move on.

The issue is that our future plan got his leg snapped by scum. We dont look comfortable without him, we never have.

I do think Vestergarde is going to really help us out as the little and large / one fast, sweeping up, and he other winning the first ball approach will work well. But the issue is I think , is both him and Soy have mistakes in their game and we are going to concede some stupid goals. 

One thing that is foolish though, is zonal marking when you have someone as tall as JV. Obviously teams are going to put a small player in his zone and aim beyond him..... In fact as im writing this I remember that that is exactly how the penalty situation came about. Little Maupay sat on him to cause him issues while they aimed past him. 

Brendan needs to adapt really, its not worked for us to date and we actually now have the height needed to properly defend so id like to see us get back to basics. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Micky said:

I see he is in the training photos. Hopefully he can recover sooner rather than later.

Read that recovery from his injury issue is typically between 6 to 18 months, with it being closer to 6 months with treatment.

So you could argue he's ahead of schedule overall as he got the injury around April. 

I don't see him now playing more than one full match per week, and it's key we look after him as much as possible given his importance to the team. 

Edited by lcfc_forever