Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

I know I'm in the minority in my opinion but I don't rate Jonny Evans. Jokes of course. My minority opinion is he should be nowhere near that NI squad when he's clearly not fit. If you can't play for club you can't play for country. I don't buy the whole "he's in the squad for his experience" bollocks, he's our player, being paid a very good wage and we want him with us to get him fit. I understand he's very patriotic and fair play to him, but in instances like this, it should be club over country. He's had injury issues for 6 months+, it's not like it's just a little niggle he can shake off. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We look much better with him at the back. Rodgers was right in his pre-match conference in that when Evans plays, he makes other defenders better. 

Any update from Rodgers on his injury? 

No surprise that Amartey and Soyuncu looked rock solid today with him around. Even Soumare looked more assured!

All that said, he was actually at fault for the second goal, him and Soyuncu played Rashord onside (Amartey had stepped up correctly), and had a chance to put it out before Rashford got onto it. But then from kick off, he made a fabulous pass to Castagne, so played it to Perez, who played it to Vardy and... we were back in the lead. So all part of the Evans masterplan!

• Like 3