Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And where do we wish to be? Because it can be argued, with maybe one or two exceptions at best, that none of our players are good enough for "where we wish to be".

I take it you’re being facetious with your opening question? 

Agreed mate, there’s a lot of dead wood. 
So we are agreed then that Luke is classed in this category? Unless he’s classed as one of the “one or two exceptions”? 

11 minutes ago, lfu said:

Might not have played in the final but still picked up total 180 minutes in clean sheet victories against Germany and Israel., and a medal's a medal!

As I say a medal for Luke and the u21s is great, but does nothing to detract from the fact that he was amongst our worst performers in being relegated surely? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ed 1 said:

I take it you’re being facetious with your opening question? 

Agreed mate, there’s a lot of dead wood. 
So we are agreed then that Luke is classed in this category? Unless he’s classed as one of the “one or two exceptions”? 

No. I'm genuinely interested. Tell me where we 'wish to be' and I'll tell you which of our players are good enough (it won't take long).

9 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

As I say a medal for Luke and the u21s is great, but does nothing to detract from the fact that he was amongst our worst performers in being relegated surely? 

Luke is way down the list for us being in the position we are.

I think you should perhaps watch some of last season back and reevaluate your opinion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Luke is way down the list for us being in the position we are.

I think you should perhaps watch some of last season back and reevaluate your opinion.

I watched every single game, and then most of them again.

There is a long list and Luke is most definitely on that list. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ed 1 said:

If you genuinely think we got relegated because of a 21 year old left back, you don't know as much about football as you think you do.

He had a poor season, I'm not doubting that, but come on. Are you actually being serious?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

If you genuinely think we got relegated because of a 21 year old left back, you don't know as much about football as you think you do.

He had a poor season, I'm not doubting that, but come on. Are you actually being serious?

You’re putting words in my mouth there mate! 
Where have I said that he was the sole reason we got relegated? I did say he was atrocious, is not good enough for the Premier League and was part of the reason we got relegated (alongside others I mentioned including, but not limited to: Amartey, Ward etc) 

7 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Literally other than about maybe 2/3 players pretty much every single other player, most members of staff, and the board members are going to be on the list

Thomas who started just 11 games for us is going to be well behind a lot of other people who are at fault for our relegation

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Senseless comment there mate. Everyone knows it’s not one persons fault that we got relegated

Just now, Bert said:

How’s about: 

Congratulations Luke, stick that medal next to your FA Cup & Community shield winners’ medal. 

Agreed mate, as I mentioned above congratulations to Luke! 

Sadly however I will look back on this season in 10 years time and think it was the season we got relegated, as opposed to the season Luke Thomas got an u21 medal. 

As I’ve mentioned above I’m here as a fan of LCFC, not England, not Luke Thomas nor any other player for that matter. 

• Thanks 1