Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Really pleased for him and hope he can break through, but i have more faith in VK. Even though he's a fellow Syston lad. I can't believe we let a team as poor as Forest target the shit out of one of our players so easily in two different games and get exactly the same results. Albeit because he had very little support from Barnes in one of them.

His stock will probably be as high as it could be after the u21 win so if any reasonable bid come in i'd be seriously considering it.

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did he lose his place for the final? Who started left back for England?

he wasn't the starter, Carsley was playing James Garner at right back and Max Aarons at left back. Thomas started the final group game, Aarons, Johnson and Thomas all started a group game at left back and the semi final when Aarons was suspended

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

This is the point I have been going on about! It seems there is a number of supporters (fortunately a minority in the grand scheme of things but as always, vocal minorities can end up drowning out the reasonable majority)., who cannot stand anyone who comes from the academy and make it known. As you say, Chilwell, Barnes, KDH, Thomas and even Choudhury. 

As I have said, I worry for the next ones such as Alves and Braybrooke!

I’m trying to think when the last one was who wasn’t subject to this? I think maybe King as he was seemingly well appreciated during his time. And the link there for me is that he played mostly during the Pearson/Ranieri era when we were doing well and under the former, a well run/coached team who mostly approved year on year. Whereas many of the ones recently have only known Rodgers who is crap with young players and developing players so this is why I am really wanting to see how they go on with this new face coming in. 

But yes, congratulations to Luke and good to see they the majority of the thread has been of positive comments following the young lions win :appl:

There isn't a player in the team who hasn't been the subject of criticism on here at one point or another. 

By acknowledging the stick that only academy players get and not others, your highlighting your favouritism more than you are any bias against them. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of giving any Leicester player abuse but if you're going to call it out, call it out for everyone, not just the local lads. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

There isn't a player in the team who hasn't been the subject of criticism on here at one point or another. 

By acknowledging the stick that only academy players get and not others, your highlighting your favouritism more than you are any bias against them. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of giving any Leicester player abuse but if you're going to call it out, call it out for everyone, not just the local lads. 

Everyone gets slaged off on here. Well except Doris the tea lady. But I'm sure now I've mentioned the lack of shite she gets she will now.

The Middlesbrough match thread first game of the championship winning season, Vardy Drinky and NP all got shite from the minute the squad went up.

No wonder the response they gave to the travelling support after both scoring and securing the win.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

This is the point I have been going on about! It seems there is a number of supporters (fortunately a minority in the grand scheme of things but as always, vocal minorities can end up drowning out the reasonable majority)., who cannot stand anyone who comes from the academy and make it known. As you say, Chilwell, Barnes, KDH, Thomas and even Choudhury. 

As I have said, I worry for the next ones such as Alves and Braybrooke!

I’m trying to think when the last one was who wasn’t subject to this? I think maybe King as he was seemingly well appreciated during his time. And the link there for me is that he played mostly during the Pearson/Ranieri era when we were doing well and under the former, a well run/coached team who mostly approved year on year. Whereas many of the ones recently have only known Rodgers who is crap with young players and developing players so this is why I am really wanting to see how they go on with this new face coming in. 

But yes, congratulations to Luke and good to see they the majority of the thread has been of positive comments following the young lions win :appl:

Now if you are a skinny,  clueless , "inverted " teenage winger playing for a French second tier team you are automatically the next Neymar. Get him in!!!

11 hours ago, Sammytielemans8 said:

Think you’re missing the point. 

no one cares who won the medal. Congrats to Luke on that achievement today though.

it’s about getting lcfc back to the prem. Luke has been found wanting in the prem. I pray that he does turn good in the championship and like numerous people on this forum believe that he becomes a quality left back.

in my opinion, if we hanging our hats on Luke becoming a quality left back, we’re back to our years of mediocrity in the championship.

I’m missing the point. Wow. I don’t think so. 

The thread was posted in again regarding  his exploits with England, yet people have chosen to give him stick on a matter that’s completely unrelated.  

• Like 4

He’s 22 and still very much learning, there aren’t many 22yr olds that you could pin in a top 10 of “their” position that don’t play for either Man C, Arsenal or Chelsea, most of the names will be 25 or over, give the lad a break.

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

I mean I am also often in defence of other players who aren’t ‘local lads’ such as Daka, Nacho, Iverson and Soumare so it’s factually incorrect that I would just be defending the academy players thank you 👍

But I am far from the only one on here to highlight the unfair extra abuse the local ones seem to receive. If Luke Thomas for example was Lukas Tomaz signed for £15mill from Lech Poznan not Luke Thomas from Syston from the academy, he’d definitely not be written off so quick. Kristiansen example in point. 

My view is consistent for any of our younger players. Give them a chance under the new manager in the Championship and then we will see what they are capable of. And abuse helps nobody.

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I mean I am also often in defence of other players who aren’t ‘local lads’ such as Daka, Nacho, Iverson and Soumare so it’s factually incorrect that I would just be defending the academy players thank you 👍

But I am far from the only one on here to highlight the unfair extra abuse the local ones seem to receive. If Luke Thomas for example was Lukas Tomaz signed for £15mill from Lech Poznan not Luke Thomas from Syston from the academy, he’d definitely not be written off so quick. Kristiansen example in point. 

My view is consistent for any of our younger players. Give them a chance under the new manager in the Championship and then we will see what they are capable of. And abuse helps nobody.

Kristiansen has had 6 months though mate, Thomas has had 3 years. Hardly comparable length of time? 

How long do you want Luke to be given a chance for out of curiosity? Hypothetically if we get relegated this season and he plays as badly as he did last season, will you keep giving him further chances? 

Let’s give players a go in an inferior league which they have played there part in us playing in: great logic.

Heads should roll as a result of our relegation. Don’t get me wrong Thomas is not the only one who should be on this list, but his name should definitely be on it. 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I’m missing the point. Wow. I don’t think so. 

The thread was posted in again regarding  his exploits with England, yet people have chosen to give him stick on a matter that’s completely unrelated.  

Couldn’t care about England buddy. 

I only want leicester back in the prem. I know I’m in the minority on this forum about Luke Thomas ability and potential. In short terms, last season he was nothing short of exceptionally poor. 

Let’s hope you guys are right about him and we shoot back up. We don’t have the stars anymore around in our team so will need bigger inputs from people like him if he is to play. 

4 hours ago, teblin said:

To be fair he I think the FA cup final was Luke Thomas best game, he was superb that day. 

4 hours ago, teblin said:

To be fair he I think the FA cup final was Luke Thomas best game, he was superb that day. 

It could have been. But my point was without schmeichel and tielemans that day we wouldn’t have won 

24 minutes ago, Sammytielemans8 said:

Couldn’t care about England buddy. 

I only want leicester back in the prem. I know I’m in the minority on this forum about Luke Thomas ability and potential. In short terms, last season he was nothing short of exceptionally poor. 

Let’s hope you guys are right about him and we shoot back up. We don’t have the stars anymore around in our team so will need bigger inputs from people like him if he is to play. 

I think the majority of the forum would agree that he’s got lots to improve on. But the point was he’s just been part of winning team, people wanted to congratulate him and rightly so yet people still wanted to stick the boot in. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think the majority of the forum would agree that he’s got lots to improve on. But the point was he’s just been part of winning team, people wanted to congratulate him and rightly so yet people still wanted to stick the boot in. 

Fair. Im English but couldn’t care one bit about England u21s Victory.

Like others I just want us back where we belong asap. It’s not sticking the boot in but realism about what Luke has showed us over the past 3 years. 

im hoping he genuinely does come a consistent solid left back in the team. I just don’t see it though. 

1 hour ago, Ed 1 said:

Kristiansen has had 6 months though mate, Thomas has had 3 years. Hardly comparable length of time? 

How long do you want Luke to be given a chance for out of curiosity? Hypothetically if we get relegated this season and he plays as badly as he did last season, will you keep giving him further chances? 

Let’s give players a go in an inferior league which they have played there part in us playing in: great logic.

Heads should roll as a result of our relegation. Don’t get me wrong Thomas is not the only one who should be on this list, but his name should definitely be on it. 

Length of time is the most meaningless stat though. Thomas has barely played half the games in that time. I have already covered this and it’s getting a bit boring.

1 - Yes the sample size looks quite bit but only playing half those games shows how in and out that is and like any sports person, you cannot build up any momentum in those circumstances.

2 - The same manager in there time, one who clearly could not develop players or work well with young players.

3 - Team failing and low on confidence.

All ingredients to make a young player stagnant and fail to keep progressing.

Of course if he we got relegated again and he played crap all season I wouldn’t want him to stay still. Silly question. 

It’s simple, change will make player sink or swim. Nothing significant has changed in years. It’s been stagnant. We now have a perfect chance under the new manager who is known for working with young players. Players like Thomas will take that chance or won’t. For me, it’s not a fixed time, like 100 days and get in the bin. It’s a run of consistent game time in the new environment. 

Sorry but lots of players drop down a league and find their form and ability and come back strong. We’ve had loads for us in recent years. By your logic, Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson shouldn’t have got Premier League moves after their part in Hull getting relegated!

57 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Length of time is the most meaningless stat though. Thomas has barely played half the games in that time. I have already covered this and it’s getting a bit boring.

1 - Yes the sample size looks quite bit but only playing half those games shows how in and out that is and like any sports person, you cannot build up any momentum in those circumstances.

2 - The same manager in there time, one who clearly could not develop players or work well with young players.

3 - Team failing and low on confidence.

All ingredients to make a young player stagnant and fail to keep progressing.

Of course if he we got relegated again and he played crap all season I wouldn’t want him to stay still. Silly question. 

It’s simple, change will make player sink or swim. Nothing significant has changed in years. It’s been stagnant. We now have a perfect chance under the new manager who is known for working with young players. Players like Thomas will take that chance or won’t. For me, it’s not a fixed time, like 100 days and get in the bin. It’s a run of consistent game time in the new environment. 

Sorry but lots of players drop down a league and find their form and ability and come back strong. We’ve had loads for us in recent years. By your logic, Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson shouldn’t have got Premier League moves after their part in Hull getting relegated!

Cmon mate. Using Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson is a terrible example. They were the better players in that team. Just like youri and madders in ours. 

26 minutes ago, Sammytielemans8 said:

Cmon mate. Using Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson is a terrible example. They were the better players in that team. Just like youri and madders in ours. 

This is what I quoted from the other poster. So yes is was relevant.

Let’s give players a go in an inferior league which they have played there part in us playing in: great logic.

Edited by LCFCJohn

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

he currently feels surplus to requirements. My guess, if there is any truth in this… is that we would be doing something similar to hamza, sign a deal and we send him out on loan. Or don’t sign it and be a back up for the season.