Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the bizarre hatred our fans have for anyone from our academy if they aren't an instant world beater will never make sense to me

Don’t seek to hate anyone mate. 

Not asking for a “world beater”, just purely someone that is able to perform at the level that they’re contractually obliged to do so. 

I’m perplexed by the wide berths afforded to (and the rose tinted spectacles which some people use to approach) our academy graduates. 

I respect each other peoples opinions. You’re entitled to yours as I’m entitled to mine. 

• Like 1

He’s been consistently un consistent.

He COULD be a good full back and maybe a season in the championship with his boyhood club would help him.

That performance vs Salah sticks in my mind. He was great that day.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

which Thomas was perfectly able to do right up to the point the idiot little twat of a manager had the genius idea to drop him for a JJ who could barely walk let alone run and totally destroyed his confidence then did nothing to rebuild it as he was too busy getting his excuses out to the media than doing his job.

Thomas was a perfectly adequate back up left back in the prem, which was his role, he will probably be more that good enough to start at this level and with time, confidence and coaching may yet become a quality prem starting left back, you have written him off at 21, that is just dumb but you don't seem to listen to reason so we can't help that

I agree with you totally , especially in regards to the damage done by  the Idiot.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I agree with you totally , especially in regards to the damage done by  the Idiot.

young players especially need confidence as they don't have the experience to fall back on when things get hard the moment he did that you could see the shift in Thomas, that's when he should have gone on loan, just to get away from that prat

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

young players especially need confidence as they don't have the experience to fall back on when things get hard the moment he did that you could see the shift in Thomas, that's when he should have gone on loan, just to get away from that prat

The ability to instil confidence in young players is the mark of a top manager.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I wonder if they had a holiday pre tournament or he'll be taking one now? hope the took it before so he can get back here working with Maresca ASAP

The under 21s didn’t join up until the 13th June so that would’ve been about 2 weeks off after our final game

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

The ability to instil confidence in young players is the mark of a top manager.

And this is where good experience in the team should be helping. However, our midfield was so god damn leaky and ineffectual, and put so much continued pressure on the back 4, its no wonder the youth / development player struggled with confidence. Made worse when we are flip flopping between ineffective captain after ineffective captain. 

Really happy for Luke here. The England setup sees something in him, and development players need good positive experiences to help drive their growth.  I hope if he stays next year he will be able to kick on. Some of the experienced players we are bringing in could be an absolute rock for him. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ed 1 said:

As I say a medal for Luke and the u21s is great, but does nothing to detract from the fact that he was amongst our worst performers in being relegated surely? 

That’s harsh, I personally think he performed better than VK, who was largely gash after his debut. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t care if it was any other player, I and everyone else should still just be happy for the lad. 

I am very happy for the young man & fully expect him to rock on and become a very good player now that we have a proper manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I wonder if they had a holiday pre tournament or he'll be taking one now? hope the took it before so he can get back here working with Maresca ASAP

Yes, pretty sure I remember him posting something on IG about it. Can't imagine he'll be away for anymore than a week.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t care if it was any other player, I and everyone else should still just be happy for the lad. 

Think you’re missing the point. 

no one cares who won the medal. Congrats to Luke on that achievement today though.

it’s about getting lcfc back to the prem. Luke has been found wanting in the prem. I pray that he does turn good in the championship and like numerous people on this forum believe that he becomes a quality left back.

in my opinion, if we hanging our hats on Luke becoming a quality left back, we’re back to our years of mediocrity in the championship.

17 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wish I could be as "shit" as Luke Thomas. 

Screenshot_20230708_224242.jpg

Mate plenty of players have won medals off other players genius. 

our genius that day were tielemans and schmeichel. You can look at someone’s medals and be like he’s good. Example Harry lane