Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

I just can't believe we've gone into a series against a top class team with three uninjured players playing no red ball cricket, no match longer than 50 overs, for five months.

I wouldn't be shocked if this is the series that forces Root to pack up the captaincy. He'll be first in line for the blame and, as George Dobell said, the system is the problem, not the players or coaches.

56 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Biggest problem for me is the lack of technique of almost everyone who transitions into test Cricket in the last few years. Not looked at stats but seem to be done by straight ones more often than any other team. LBWs always in play with Burns and Sibley. 

They were talking on TMS yesterday about how after they’d made their Test debuts, virtually every England batsman’s test average since Root had dropped below 40. Ideally you wouldn’t want any batsman under 40, not virtually all of them, even with the caveat of batting in English conditions. The only exception they could think of other than Root since his debut was Haseen Hameed and he’s averaging below 40 in first class after all the years it took to get him back into form. 

Still, as it has been pointed out, we’ve enjoyed around 15 brilliant years of being up there with the best of the world in all forms of the game, and that’s been built on the domestic set-up we’ve had since the calendar was re-arranged for the intro of T20. Hopefully it’s just a blip but it seems strange that every batsmen who is coming into the set up now is struggling. 

You can also see the ECB using the blip to change the County Championship too which worries me.

Reminds me a bit of that spell here against New Zealand where he just kept hitting the same spot and hooping it away from the right hander. When he finds his rhythm and it’s moving, there’s literally nobody better to watch bowl. 

Edited by Manini

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

Reminds me a bit of that spell here against New Zealand where he just kept hitting the same spot and hooping it away from the right hander. When he finds his rhythm and it’s moving, there’s literally nobody better to watch bowl. 

It is majestic for anyone who appreciates test cricket. 

I do love how Atherton is trying his hardest here to get Jimmy to admit to dictating how a ball will land on the seam in a specific direction for two consecutive deliveries and that that is the reason for the wicket. I also love how Jimmy is honest enough to admit that that split second the ball lands is a fluke but everything else is carefully manipulated in a way you'd expect of Jimmy's experience and pure talent. 

It's very good analysis on the whole, though. 

What was that review about? Kohli gets criticised for bad reviews. Root does that though?! 

Buttler was adamant against it. Root couldn't have been quicker to review without taking all the time allotted. 

There was a noise but clear daylight between bat and ball?! 

2 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Wasted review again... but wtf was that noise lol

Must have been arm guard on shirt or bat? Could see why Root was convinced if he hears the same noise that was on tele, but it's criminal not to listen to your keeper in that scenario - especially when you've only one review left!

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

What was that review about? Kohli gets criticised for bad reviews. Root does that though?! 

Buttler was adamant against it. Root couldn't have been quicker to review without taking all the time allotted. 

There was a noise but clear daylight between bat and ball?! 

Buttler was clearly saying no. Silly from Root. Root is normally half decent with reviews as well.