Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

On 25/07/2021 at 23:31, Milo said:

I think the ECB have tried to do something different - not very many people are currently watching or playing cricket. I can’t imagine that there are many other mainstream sports with such an ageing fan base. 

Now this may well be because Sky hijacked the sport a while ago and it’s not on mainstream tv for the masses to watch. Or it may be because fewer schools are playing it (or the two things may be related). 

You’re absolutely correct in what you say. 

But I think this rebrand of cricket is looking pretty good, and I’m enjoying it. 

Of course, if the same amount of resources had been pumped into ‘ordinary’ cricket (schools/free to air) as they have into the Hundred, then maybe there would be less of a need for concepts like the Hundred…

When cricket was presented and played by a large Minority of the masses, it still didnt draw in the crowds..every week.  Only Big games...

I Really Dont see, what People have against, any sport trying New models...Just a load of whining..misgogs :ill: who for some weird reason believe they have

more to say..

I Love the 5 day game...Draws,rain-effected, one-sided,  because even when

there is only the cha-lady, 4 dogs, kids playing traunt, grandads, and 30 odd pretending

to be supporters...Its a Team of blokes/Women competing & showing a certain amount & different skill-sets & Love for their chosen sport or pastime..

I Love the Test-series Set ups...but without these 'other models/styles" of the game, it will die...

I am ready for a 48ball, 6 aside variation...Or World-Championship of Darts, playing dart-cricket...

I am an old codger, with little Time left, but I Dont Waffel on about the Good ol' days....

Some bores cant understand why...& thats Why they remain unimaginative-bores...und

Look at a motorbike/cars nd see how many  so different & various Sports within have been created....

Also...

Eg:-    Olympics....Swimming/Diving various disciplines ,BMX / Mountainbiking / skateboard/ various Road & velodrome Unique skills...

I mean the old Greek-gods must be wondering what the fk....

but for me these sport variants,...well done to each & Next young generations.....:bounce:....:yahoo:

Society needs a competitive enjoyable  balance of variety, there are Too many cynical miserable...Old & young gits around...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Jamie Smith for Surrey just whacked 50 off 16 balls!

Plus Ryan Patel 131 off 70 balls inc 10 sixes as Surrey made a whopping 311/8 in 30 overs against Notts.

Even better going when you realise they were only 28 for 1 after 8 overs.

They smashed 282 in the next 22......wow

• Like 1

On 27/07/2021 at 23:06, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Plus Ryan Patel 131 off 70 balls inc 10 sixes as Surrey made a whopping 311/8 in 30 overs against Notts.

Even better going when you realise they were only 28 for 1 after 8 overs.

They smashed 282 in the next 22......wow

😂

50 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

India 81/8 in their 20 overs vs Sri Lanka, BLIMEY!

Second lowest completed 20 over score by one of the main nations. (WI got 79/7 v Zimbabwe in 2010)

Was Sunil Gavaskar batting?

• Haha 1

Brave from Stokes and that has to be commended. I hope he's okay and the time off is worthwhile for him. Got a hell of a lot to be proud of over the last few years with almost non-stop cricket and losing his dad. 

• Like 4

Not watched the Sky coverage of The Hundred but I can't stand the BBC coverage. Vaughan and Tuffnell are unbearable on TV. Everything about it pure cringes me out and I have to change channel constantly just to get away from it

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Pietersen's latest nonsense here- https://blog.betway.com/cricket/test/kevin-pietersen-betway-blog-england-v-india-first-test-preview-04-08-21/

I wonder why there's a "lack of interest"? I mean, the match is being shown on a channel called Sky Sports Hundred.

I will say it again - England were the no.1 test playing nation in the world with the 18 county system......

• Like 1