Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Does anyone think any of the players are actually that into The Hundred? And that they may have just been contractually obliged to play in it and be part of it, as opposed to actively want to put their all to play it? 

Depends on the cash rewards. This will have to deliver serious money in the future to keep tempting players.

Well played today, Haseeb Hameed. A ton against an Indian attack containing Siraj, Bumrah, Yadav, Jadeja is pretty impressive, even if it is a warm up match. Got to be in the selectors' thoughts now and puts pressure on Sibley and Crawley for certain. 

I've been watching this and I just don't see what this format adds that we don't already get from T20 cricket.

The suggestion that the general public won't be on board with 20 overs of 6 balls but will be on board with 100 ball innings split into 5 or 10 ball "blocks", seems a bit counterintuitive.

I get that they wanted new lucrative City teams rather than sleepy County sides, but they could have re-franchised and re-launched a T20 competition without inventing yet another format.

I'll watch The Hundred, but I would watch T20 just as much.

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I've been watching this and I just don't see what this format adds that we don't already get from T20 cricket.

The suggestion that the general public won't be on board with 20 overs of 6 balls but will be on board with 100 ball innings split into 5 or 10 ball "blocks", seems a bit counterintuitive.

I get that they wanted new lucrative City teams rather than sleepy County sides, but they could have re-franchised and re-launched a T20 competition without inventing yet another format.

I'll watch The Hundred, but I would watch T20 just as much.

Exactly this. But county grounds are in cities already. T20 always sells out here in Hove (capacity 6000+) - so I'd be opposed to anything that would eat into that income for Sussex. It basically subsidises the longer forms of the game, which I happen to enjoy, and are necessary if we want to produce players who can win us back the ashes. I'm not sure how profits from the Hundred are spread out amongst the counties, but I suspect the counties with test grounds will do well out of it. 

• Like 2

I'm left wondering if the movable "runs needed" and "balls left" graphics at either side of the screen are based on the assumption that people can't read numbers, or add or subtract.

Likewise the move from 6 ball overs seems to be an assumption that 6 is a difficult number to multiply and divide by.

Assume your audience is thick, eh?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

I'm left wondering if the movable "runs needed" and "balls left" graphics at either side of the screen are based on the assumption that people can't read numbers, or add or subtract.

Likewise the move from 6 ball overs seems to be an assumption that 6 is a difficult number to multiply and divide by.

Assume your audience is thick, eh?  

Exactly. They've tried too hard to be different and now over-complicated it.

I watch a lot of cricket and it took me a while to work out the graphics. Why is the boundary so far in as well. Played on bigger quick cricket pitches when I was 8.  This format is not needed and not a patch on t20. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

What does the umpire showing us a golf scorecard mean? 

Another 5 balls being bowled from the same end.

The side bowling in each innings has to have 10 balls bowled from the same end. One set of 10 from each end at any time.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Another 5 balls being bowled from the same end.

The side bowling in each innings has to have 10 balls bowled from the same end. One set of 10 from each end at any time.

I get you. Can the fielding team choose when they do that, or is it after a certain amount of balls have been bowled? 

Just seen you said at any time. Ignore me. 

Van Niekerk is batting beautifully. 

Edited by Manini

11 minutes ago, trabuch said:

All this bollocks about how it's great to have a format the "kids" can enjoy. T20 is already that. I'm being turned into a very grumpy old cricket man by this.

Crucially, more children round the country can see it live because it's played in 10 more cities! More if you include outgrounds.

• Like 3

This is shite, the scoreboard is really pissing me off. Somehow they have made it more confusing, I can't get a read on the game at all. Maybe I just want it to fail but I'm not impressed at all thus far. 

Just now, Osavo said:

This is shite, the scoreboard is really pissing me off. Somehow they have made it more confusing, I can't get a read on the game at all. Maybe I just want it to fail but I'm not impressed at all thus far. 

lol. It's true. I REALLY understand cricket but I'm not really following this.