Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Retro shirts

Why is the club shop so poor when it comes to stocking retro shirts or putting new ones out. The 91 shirt I was lucky to get one in medium but they were in stock for about 2 weeks and nothing since. I really want the 92-93 shirt and the jade and navy away shirt put out again. They surely own the rights to fox leisure and walkers are happy to go on the shirt. I emailed him regarding it and he said he’ll past it onto the fans store but heard nothing since.

• Like 1

The retro range has really diminished and the overall non-adidas range is pretty poor and pricing seems hit and miss.

I also emailed the club with some suggestions and utilising the running fox on more clothing.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why is the club shop so poor when it comes to stocking retro shirts or putting new ones out. The 91 shirt I was lucky to get one in medium but they were in stock for about 2 weeks and nothing since. I really want the 92-93 shirt and the jade and navy away shirt put out again. They surely own the rights to fox leisure and walkers are happy to go on the shirt. I emailed him regarding it and he said he’ll past it onto the fans store but heard nothing since.

I wanted one of the 90-92 ones as well but they only had it in XS. Emailed the club back in August to ask if it was coming back in stock and they just said no. Ended up buying the XS one in 'Blue Friday' (can just about get away with it as its more like a S lol) but seems like it was the last one at all as its no longer on the site.

Its a shame, as there were some really nice remakes of the old kits on there, but now it's quite limited. Hopefully they bring them back soon, but I wouldn't bet on it...

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Pre winning the Premier League you could pick up some gems on eBay for next to nothing. Sadly those days are gone with finding beauties on there for cheap.

To be fair there was a heskey one I missed out on a few weeks ago I'm still kicking myself about 

Screenshot_20210111-142502_eBay.jpg

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

The running fox really should make a comeback, especially with the kind of style we've moved to on the pitch.

I agree I loved that badge. In my lockdown boredom I ordered Barrie Pierpoint's book. He touches on it almost immediately saying that one of his first ideas was to get rid of that badge as it wasn't strong or imposing enough and gave the impression the fox was running away and he wanted something tougher.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 16:21, Rain King said:

I agree I loved that badge. In my lockdown boredom I ordered Barrie Pierpoint's book. He touches on it almost immediately saying that one of his first ideas was to get rid of that badge as it wasn't strong or imposing enough and gave the impression the fox was running away and he wanted something tougher.

I'll probably get shot down, but I do agree with him about that. Don't get me wrong, I do think it's a nice design, but it is a bit 'weak' looking. The thin lines make it impossible to read at any sort of distance. If you squint your eyes, it disappears, whereas the current one still looks bold when doing this.

I agree that it looks like it's running away. It looks much more suited to an anti-fox-hunting charity or something than a football team. With the fox looking to the side, it could be a fox that's been caught rooting through the bins and is now scarpering.

I think you could beef it up by thickening the outline a touch, filling in the fox with solid colours and pointing the fox's head in the direction it's running. Maybe make it look a bit meaner, like it's on the attack. I think it should look a bit more noble and less like a cowardly bin dipper.

Besides, I've always had the feeling that the designer was trying to do a Leicester version of Forest's and Derby's badges. I may be wrong, but it certainly looks that way.

FWIW, I think our current badge is far better. In fact, I think it's one of the best in the world, and I'm confident I'd be saying that if I was impartial.

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Good news !!! They’ve got the 94-96 home and away shirt on sale !! Bad news though, no jade and navy 3rd kit though :@

That’s just leaving money on the table at this point! Give the people what they want! lol

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'll probably get shot down, but I do agree with him about that. Don't get me wrong, I do think it's a nice design, but it is a bit 'weak' looking. The thin lines make it impossible to read at any sort of distance. If you squint your eyes, it disappears, whereas the current one still looks bold when doing this.

I agree that it looks like it's running away. It looks much more suited to an anti-fox-hunting charity or something than a football team. With the fox looking to the side, it could be a fox that's been caught rooting through the bins and is now scarpering.

I think you could beef it up by thickening the outline a touch, filling in the fox with solid colours and pointing the fox's head in the direction it's running. Maybe make it look a bit meaner, like it's on the attack. I think it should look a bit more noble and less like a cowardly bin dipper.

Besides, I've always had the feeling that the designer was trying to do a Leicester version of Forest's and Derby's badges. I may be wrong, but it certainly looks that way.

FWIW, I think our current badge is far better. In fact, I think it's one of the best in the world, and I'm confident I'd be saying that if I was impartial.

Would be good for the leisurewear range. I emailed them a few years ago and they knocked out some track jackets and hoodies etc... Not taking credit mind 🙂

I think there's an opportunity to expand the leisure range. Off topic but it would be interesting to know how popular the atmos stuff has been

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

Popped on the LCFC Direct this morning, don't know if anyone has noticed but they are doing this beauty.

https://shop.lcfc.com/leicester-city-retro-shirt-1995-96-third-walsh-5

Just came in here to post that. I have an original from my Dad, but it's about 3 sizes too big.

The blue and yellow and fantastic too. I noticed Iwan Roberts and presumably a few others have been sent them in the post too. 

2 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Just came in here to post that. I have an original from my Dad, but it's about 3 sizes too big.

The blue and yellow and fantastic too. I noticed Iwan Roberts and presumably a few others have been sent them in the post too. 

Was just about to pull the trigger on the Yellow one, was the first shirt I ever owned. Then this beauty popped up, I'm sure we still have it somewhere but I reckon my brother pinched it.

Ended up buying both, Take my money!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Popped on the LCFC Direct this morning, don't know if anyone has noticed but they are doing this beauty.

https://shop.lcfc.com/leicester-city-retro-shirt-1995-96-third-walsh-5

I've always regretted not getting my hands on one of them first time round, so have been waiting for this!

But...

£48 is a bit steep for these - I love my green '83/'85 shirt which I got a couple of years ago & is still available for £35, so I'd be reluctant to fork out £48! - if the extra is for a pre-printed name on the back, then just do shirts without - it feels a bit odd at my age buying shirts with other bloke's names on the back...

And why can't they do these in kids sizes? I have yet to wear the green shirt without people commenting on it... I'd love to get them and have my kids running around in these retro shirts rather than the generic Adidas stuff!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

I've always regretted not getting my hands on one of them first time round, so have been waiting for this!

But...

£48 is a bit steep for these - I love my green '83/'85 shirt which I got a couple of years ago & is still available for £35, so I'd be reluctant to fork out £48! - if the extra is for a pre-printed name on the back, then just do shirts without - it feels a bit odd at my age buying shirts with other bloke's names on the back...

And why can't they do these in kids sizes? I have yet to wear the green shirt without people commenting on it... I'd love to get them and have my kids running around in these retro shirts rather than the generic Adidas stuff!

It’s such a beauty, they’ve updated it now, the shirt without a name is up for 38 quid!

• Thanks 1