Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Deadline Day Predictions

Deadline Day Predictions  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings will we make on deadline day?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/21 at 23:00

Sky Sports News - channel 409 - has got you covered for all the breaking news, reaction and analysis throughout the day as the deals come through. Here's a guide of what's to come: 

• 7-10am: Good Morning Transfers with Tom White, Clinton Morrison, Guvna B, Rudimental, Pippa Monique and FlexUTD. 
  • 10am-1pm: The Football Show with Rob Wotton, Stephen Warnock, Nigel Pearson, David James, Glen Johnson and Paul Cook. 
  • 1-2pm: Transfer Talk with Dave Reed, Fabrizio Romano, Alvaro Montero, Emma Paton, Tim Vickery and Jonathan Johnson. 
  • 2-5pm: Deadline Day with Mike Wedderburn, Bela Shah, Sue Smith, Paul Merson, Mark Wright, Lianne Sanderson and Alan Smith. 
  • 5-7pm: The Transfer Show with Bryan Swanson, Kaveh Solhekol, Dharmesh Sheth and Ally McCoist. 
  • 7-9pm: Deadline Day with Julian Warren, Jessica Creighton, Dirk Kuyt, Darren Bent, Ashley Williams, Rob Green and Anita Asante. 
  • 9pm-12am: The Countdown with Jim White, Vicky Gomersall and Harry Redknapp. 

I hope these “pundits” bring a book to read 

Nige on the 10-1 slot 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

I’m staying optimistic based on the interview with BR last night. He said there is a gap in the squad and eluded to us being confident getting it over the line. The gap isn’t DCM so I keep telling myself it can’t be Chalobah. 

I need to work today but the urge to click refresh on the transfer tab and see a new name is too much! 

It’s really strange we don’t have a name yet though at this point, which fills me with dread that it is one of the two from yesterday 

4 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

I’m staying optimistic based on the interview with BR last night. He said there is a gap in the squad and eluded to us being confident getting it over the line. The gap isn’t DCM so I keep telling myself it can’t be Chalobah. 

I need to work today but the urge to click refresh on the transfer tab and see a new name is too much! 

It’s really strange we don’t have a name yet though at this point, which fills me with dread that it is one of the two from yesterday 

He also said they were looking at a few different options so I got the impression we didn't have a name because they hadn't settled on one...

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He also said they were looking at a few different options so I got the impression we didn't have a name because they hadn't settled on one...

Yea definitely. Chalobah and Maitland-Niles aren’t attacking midfielders mind so I’m hopeful of a new name 

1 minute ago, LukeFoxes said:

Yea definitely. Chalobah and Maitland-Niles aren’t attacking midfielders mind so I’m hopeful of a new name 

If we go in for AMN it would be as an attacking mid - he wants to play that position and has played it for Arsenal it’s just that he went out on loan to Ipswich and covered FB a bit at Arsenal too and it’s ended up where he’s been branded - he wants an opportunity to reidentify himself as an attacking mid i’m reading?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

If we go in for AMN it would be as an attacking mid - he wants to play that position and has played it for Arsenal it’s just that he went out on loan to Ipswich and covered FB a bit at Arsenal too and it’s ended up where he’s been branded - he wants an opportunity to reidentify himself as an attacking mid i’m reading?

Is that right? I heard about him wanting to play in his preferred midfield position but didn’t realise it was attacking mid. Does seem the sort of player Rodgers could develop

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Yeah, that's what I was reading on the Arsenal forum. 

It certainly sounds like Arsenal have sucked his love for the game by constantly trying to convert him to FB when his heart was in midfield. 

A lot of their fans moan about his effort but I think a club like Leicester giving him the opportunity he wants in the midfield could maybe light a fire under him and give him the oppertunity to prove a point. 

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yeah, that's what I was reading on the Arsenal forum. 

It certainly sounds like Arsenal have sucked his love for the game by constantly trying to convert him to FB when his heart was in midfield. 

A lot of their fans moan about his effort but I think a club like Leicester giving him the opportunity he wants in the midfield could maybe light a fire under him and give him the oppertunity to prove a point. 

It’s really hard because there’s no evidence of impact with him playing in that attacking midfield position - therefore surely a risk for us? We don’t have anything to go off anywhere to show why we’d play him there.  It’s one thing wanting to play there - it’s another thing actually being good there.

David Luiz probably prefers to be a centre forward - doesn’t mean he is one

1 minute ago, LukeFoxes said:

It’s really hard because there’s no evidence of impact with him playing in that attacking midfield position - therefore surely a risk for us? We don’t have anything to go off anywhere to show why we’d play him there.  It’s one thing wanting to play there - it’s another thing actually being good there.

David Luiz probably prefers to be a centre forward - doesn’t mean he is one

Apparently we also see him as a CM (that's why we are his preferred choice) so someone here must see something of a midfielder in him. 

One shit midfielder on loan, the place will melt down, especially because we lost yesterday.

Then he'll sit on the bench for a couple months while Madders and Tielemans take us in to Europe again, he'll go back to his club and ours will have saved the 15-20m we might have splurged panic buying someone we didn't need. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

One shit midfielder on loan, the place will melt down, especially because we lost yesterday.

Then he'll sit on the bench for a couple months while Madders and Tielemans take us in to Europe again, he'll go back to his club and ours will have saved the 15-20m we might have splurged panic buying someone we didn't need. 

That’s about the strength of it . Dennis will be back before we know it too .

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Almost certainly this :D