Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

TV Quiz Shows

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Really like Colin Murray. Decent on everything and always a good listen on his radio show(s).

Yeah he's quite funny too. I think it's underestimated how much ad-libbing he has to do in between rounds. He is always writing or thinking of links to come up to keep the game entertaining. 

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

@StanSP has to be up there as one of our poshest city fans!

Just needs to whack in his love for lcfc in one of the episodes.

I can see why @tom27111 has a man crush on him❤🥰🥰🥰

I'm hoping he's on for the full run, then returns for the knockout stages.

I'm compiling a portfolio to put in the 'Birds you fancy off the TV" thread lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NAKC20 said:

Actually @StanSP you disappointed me. I was expecting a bald bloke, mid-late 70's, beer belly, no teeth, dribbling every time you opened your mouth and to have a clapper on your desk. Are you sure you are a Leicester fan? 

Seriously though well done 👍

I know right?

I don't think Countdown has the same demographic as Sky Sports.

Channel 4 viewers are convinced all Leicester fans resemble Greek gods.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

Actually @StanSP you disappointed me. I was expecting a bald bloke, mid-late 70's, beer belly, no teeth, dribbling every time you opened your mouth and to have a clapper on your desk. Are you sure you are a Leicester fan? 

Seriously though well done 👍

Haha thanks. I'm sorry to disappoint! 

Give me 40 years and if Countdown is still going I'll go on again as you describe lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah, Colin is very friendly and welcoming. Justin Moorhouse was very funny, and they both took time to chat. 

Free meal and accommodation! They treat all contestants very well to be fair. 

How does the filming work if you have to come back after winning?   Do you film until you get knocked out or?  How do you even book time off work if that is the case? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

How does the filming work if you have to come back after winning?   Do you film until you get knocked out or?  How do you even book time off work if that is the case? 

They give you filming dates a good number of weeks in advance and make you aware that if you do win a certain number of shows (5 filmed in one day) then you will come back and film the next day. 

Can only win 8 games max in the series. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Blur said:

And do you have a bite to eat, a change of clothes and film the same day? How long does an episode take?

I'd imagine with a show like that it's more difficult to do that, because you don't know who'll win and who needs to be there.

But I swear they knock out a whole week of Richard Osman's House of Games in a single day. Obviously, celebs cost money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They give you filming dates a good number of weeks in advance and make you aware that if you do win a certain number of shows (5 filmed in one day) then you will come back and film the next day. 

Can only win 8 games max in the series. 

I bet Colin gets grumpy on show 5 lol

At least it ain't Anne Robinson anymore! 

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

And do you have a bite to eat, a change of clothes and film the same day? How long does an episode take?

I'd imagine with a show like that it's more difficult to do that, because you don't know who'll win and who needs to be there.

But I swear they knock out a whole week of Richard Osman's House of Games in a single day. Obviously, celebs cost money.

Yeah you're told to take several change of clothes just incase! 

Basically what you see on TV is what's filmed. There's very little editing or cuts or takes. What you see is what you get which is what is great as it's kept authentic. 

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I bet Colin gets grumpy on show 5 lol

At least it ain't Anne Robinson anymore! 

He does get a bit grumpy throughout, but in a half-hearted way! He's a stickler for time as he sometimes has an evening radio show, so wants a bit of a substantial break between end of filming and then hopping over to BBC studios in the next building! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I thought he'd done it, I thought he'd got the last numbers round!

Unlucky @StanSP

Be proud though, takes some guts to go on there and at least you got a win :thumbup:

Cheers man. I thought I'd got it too but I left it too late to work it out in my head. Was gutted! But it was a fun experience :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, isaidno said:

The second numbers game was ridiculous with all the small numbers. 

Watched it back and realised I missed out on some obvious words - terminal/tramline, gauzes etc. Ah well! 

30 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Well done Stan that was awesome, i would have paniced soo much but you seemed so chilled out. 

Thank you! 

I'm that laid back I'm virtually vertical lol

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Well done @StanSP Proper heart stopping moment when we thought you'd got the last numbers round! You did yourself proud though :)

Thank you! Tell me about it, I left it too late to work out a formula to get there, then had to try and improv it within about 10 seconds lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...