Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Prediction finishing points end of season ?

54 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just looking this weekend alone you have both West Ham playing Man City and Chelsea v Man U. 

Clubs have to drop points. That’s where I feel we are fortunate in our ordering of fixtures 

Just looked a bit deeper at this albeit only up to where fixtures are fully scheduled. 

This weekend 

Man City v West Ham 

Chelsea v Manchester United

Midweek - 1st week of March

Liverpool v Chelsea

Weekend of 7th March

Manchester C v Manchester U

Chelsea v Everton

Soon find some answers then and we need to take advantage of where they lose points. 

Here's a stat for those predicting a win at home to West Brom.

We haven't beaten them at home since 1994, that was 10 games ago. They seem to have a curse on us at home.

Strange as our record at the Hawthorns is decent too. We've beaten them 7 times away in the same period! Madness!

Better downgrade those Ws to a D or L.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

21 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We haven't beaten them at home since 1994, that was 10 games ago. They seem to have a curse on us at home.

Strange as our record at the Hawthorns is decent too. We've beaten them 7 times away in the same period! Madness!

Just means we are due a win.

Runs don't last for ever good or bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just means we are due a win.

Runs don't last for ever good or bad.

With our record and how rubbish West Brom are these days, there is a huge difference between the teams.... 4-0 Leicester... just can’t have a rubbish big Sam team beating us or even drawing lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

7 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

So, you're going W6 D7 L0 for our last 13, @justfoxes?

I'd be amazed if we go the rest of the PL season unbeaten - though 24-25 points is a reasonable ambition and almost certainly enough for Top 4.

If we get 24-25 points, I reckon it'll be with fewer draws and more wins & defeats: W7 D3 L3 or something like that?

Impossible to predict other teams' form, our injuries or impact of Europa League or good/bad luck, but at the moment.....

- I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat Palace & Southampton

- I'd be amazed if we don't lose to Man City

- I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't lose to 1 of Chelsea, Man Utd & West Ham....plus another random via a "bad day at the office" or another team fighting for its life

Totally I agree I maybe going with my heart rather than my head at the time?

if we do get 24 the way you formulate then all good can we go unbeaten all season with some of the clubs were coming up against Man City Arsenal Man Utd 3 very difficult games but winnable on our day I suppose with them I was just hoping for the best ?

So here’s hoping the lads keep up the great performances in the League, as we are 3rd at the moment will Brendan want to concentrate on the league or will he go all out to Succeed in all 3 League, FA Cup & Europa League is our squad big enough or strong enough for all 3 Competitions  ?

Maybe next time i should let my head do the posting Instead of letting my heart go beserk, but who knows stranger things have happened take that Little Club Who won the EPL title back in 2016 😉?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

With our record and how rubbish West Brom are these days, there is a huge difference between the teams.... 4-0 Leicester... just can’t have a rubbish big Sam team beating us or even drawing lol 

I’m sure Vards will keep up his scoring streak against the baggies going ?!

18 points.

We’ll lose a game or two most would expect to win.

Fixture congestion is really taking it’s toll on our players but we’ve not really seen it affect our results yet - any more injuries and it could be closer to 10 points than 20.

6 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

24 points all but mathematically guarantees top 4. I reckon we could get 15 points and would still get top 4 tbh. But 20 at least should be the aim

64 points getting top 4 would be a historical anomaly.  We’d need to get very lucky.

14 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We also hadn’t won at arsenal since the 70s and we did that this season.

I agree with those that are saying one game at a time. We’ve done brilliantly to be up there again let’s enjoy it and remember what we are worrying about doing is finishing in the top 4 of the premier league and that is very new for this football club.

• Like 1

At this point we are averaging 2pts per game.

Lets go really conservative- so 1.5pts per game so 19pts.  We won’t collapse like last year as there won’t be a break mid season.  Fofana will be back in a few weeks, Praet hopefully in April (1 month to go), Maddison will only miss a couple of games.

Its a 7 horse race & we can say, we will be competing in a European competition next season. 
We are better than West Ham, Everton aren’t quite consistent enough.  So that leaves Liverpool & Chelski.

Who knows what’s going to happen with Liverpool, & Chelsea are not going to go on the run United did last season plus Liverpool & United next week.

In summary, we’re better & bigger (squad) than last year, the teams around us don’t look like they can string enough together.  Fingers crossed!!!😁

• Like 1

We have 4 more league games until the international break (poor old Youri might play another 3 games in that break….). After that, so in early April, you'd like to think that little Wes, Ayoze and Maddy will all be fit ( I think we know Ayoze will be fit well before then, and it's all guess work with Maddy at the moment. Hopefully young Dennis might be available too. That gives us a few more options. 

So before then, in the league, we have Arsenal, Burnley, Brighton and Sheff United. If we can take 7 points from those 4 games I suspect we will have maintained our position heading into the international break, and will need about 15 points from the last 9 games for top four.

But having bored you with all that nonsense, take one game at a time!