Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Prediction finishing points end of season ?

So with 13 games in the Premier League  a total of 39 points left to play for this season, how many points do you think we can achieve from these fixtures ?

Arsenal   These always seem to pick it up against us so 1 

Burnley Typical Dyche getting them going towards end of season but think we have enough to beat them  3

Brighton  Playing well but dropping far too many points 3 

Sheffield  Unlucky season after a great one last year 3

Man City would love to say 3 but the way these are going 1 would be a bonus

West Ham Turning it up lately some great wins 1

West Brom  defiantly going down  3

Palace putting a few decent performances together so 1

Southampton Playing well so 1

Newcastle They’ll be fighting for Survival could be tough but still thinking  3

Man Utd  Tough shout so 1

Chelsea tough one now TT in charge 1

Spurs hope to do the double so 3 

so I’m going for 24/39 really hoping for some quality performances for the end of season run in, hoping our trips into Europe & Cup run doesn’t take it out of us but I’ve got great faith in us doing better than last season Fingers & Toes Crossed 🤞

What an amazing result it would be  for us finishing in Top 4 & finishing in Champions League places !!

I don’t know if you’ve taken in to account the possible travel between these games. We have somewhere between 2 and 11 other games, with the possibility of travelling all over Europe alongside these 13 PL games.

It’s impossible to say, injuries and suspensions will play their part for both us and the opposition.

One game at a time

• Like 3

So, you're going W6 D7 L0 for our last 13, @justfoxes?

I'd be amazed if we go the rest of the PL season unbeaten - though 24-25 points is a reasonable ambition and almost certainly enough for Top 4.

If we get 24-25 points, I reckon it'll be with fewer draws and more wins & defeats: W7 D3 L3 or something like that?

Impossible to predict other teams' form, our injuries or impact of Europa League or good/bad luck, but at the moment.....

- I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat Palace & Southampton

- I'd be amazed if we don't lose to Man City

- I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't lose to 1 of Chelsea, Man Utd & West Ham....plus another random via a "bad day at the office" or another team fighting for its life

• Like 1

Arsenal   They'll use the excuse over travelling to and from Athens for a 'Home' tie, quick start, early goal WIN, Luiz will get sent off.   3

Burnley Very narrow win, be frustrating as are most games against Gravel Voice, could be one for Iheanacho to poach us one. 3

Brighton  Again a narrow win 3 

Sheffield  Hoping this one is a win, but potential 'Leicester Banana Skin' as it's likely to be in between the two Europa games, but should have enough to grind out a win 3

Man City   Negative, but they're going to spank us for a reverse of the game earlier in the season 0 

West Ham I'd happily take a point here 1

West Brom  3 or 4 nil   3

Palace I think this will be the beginning of a 3 match 1-0 winning streak 3

Southampton as above 3

Newcastle as above   3

Man Utd  Fernandes will get a pen and we'll make maguire look like Maldini 0

Chelsea grind out a draw 1 

Spurs high scoring win 3-2/4-3 3 

Probably a bit wild, but 29/39 for me - A lot depends on whether we can hold off any further injuries, how far we progress in Europe and the FA really because legs are starting to look battered to be honest. Vardys due another streak of 8 goals in 6 games or something like that, and that normally brings with it a winning run... here's hoping

Guest bss9401

I believe that, in this strangest of strange seasons 70 points may well be enough for top 4. 

Sadly I don't think that the injuries will stop coming for us; or others for that matter.

W6, D4 and L3 is my prediction, ending on 71 points. 

Knowing us, we will beat Ar5e,  Man C, Man u, Chelsea,  Spurs and West H and then get any mix of draws and losses from the rest. JV will get another 8 goals against these teams, but only 2 or 3 against the rest.

Some of this has been written tongue in cheek, but one or two teams are going to be very lucky with injuries and go on a storming run over the last dozen or so games. I am not ruling out that we could be such a team.

58 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

So with 13 games in the Premier League  a total of 39 points left to play for this season, how many points do you think we can achieve from these fixtures ?

Arsenal   These always seem to pick it up against us so 1 

Burnley Typical Dyche getting them going towards end of season but think we have enough to beat them  3

Brighton  Playing well but dropping far too many points 3 

Sheffield  Unlucky season after a great one last year 3

Man City would love to say 3 but the way these are going 1 would be a bonus

West Ham Turning it up lately some great wins 1

West Brom  defiantly going down  3

Palace putting a few decent performances together so 1

Southampton Playing well so 1

Newcastle They’ll be fighting for Survival could be tough but still thinking  3

Man Utd  Tough shout so 1

Chelsea tough one now TT in charge 1

Spurs hope to do the double so 3 

so I’m going for 24/39 really hoping for some quality performances for the end of season run in, hoping our trips into Europe & Cup run doesn’t take it out of us but I’ve got great faith in us doing better than last season Fingers & Toes Crossed 🤞

What an amazing result it would be  for us finishing in Top 4 & finishing in Champions League places !!

I love how your prediction here is purely on what you want rather than any reasoning haha. Although I do think we'll beat them by that point, the wheels have come off at Spurs.

I'm predicting about 22-23 points, I'd be surprised if we went unbeaten.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

I know its a bit of fun but its very difficult to tell what our form and opposition form will be by the time we play them. In current form, we'd probably beat Palace and Southampton easily but in 6-8 weeks they might be on form and we might be dross.

Might be an unpopular opinion but we lucked out in playing Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool at the right time.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know its a bit of fun but its very difficult to tell what our form and opposition form will be by the time we play them. In current form, we'd probably beat Palace and Southampton easily but in 6-8 weeks they might be on form and we might be dross.

Might be an unpopular opinion but we lucked out in playing Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool at the right time.

This is a good post. We got fortunate on Sunday as well. 

Was pointing out on a podcast I was listening too that projections don’t acknowledge that a lot of the chasing pack have to play each other. 

A factor this season is that most teams between 10th and 16th are going to have their season finished in the next few games. Can’t get Europe and can’t get relegated. That will be a factor

Average points tally for the team finishing fourth over the last six seasons is 71 (high 76, low 66). Average over the same period for the team finishing sixth is 64 (high 69, low 62).

There are going to be a lot of teams on the beach, with little to play for, relatively soon. The bottom of the table is relatively sorted, aside from Fulham, but we've played them twice already, and if they continue to improve they could take points off rivals. I'd argue Newcastle are more likely to be relegated at the moment. But before long about 8/9 clubs will have little to play for, and it kind of depends when we play them.

It's all very exciting!

These are my predictions, started from last weeks game.

This was before the games got swapped around.

Game   -   Prediction - Actual Result

Aston Villa (A) - Draw (47) - Win (49)

Arsenal (H) - Draw (48)

Brighton (A) - Win (51)

Sheff U (H) - Win (54)

Burnley (A) - Win (57)

Man City (H) - Lose (57)

West Ham (A) - Lose (57)

West Brom (H) - Win (60)

Crystal Palace (A) - Win (63)

Southampton (A) - Draw (64)

Newcastle (H) - Win (67)

Man U (A) - Draw (68)

Chelsea (A) - Lose (68)

Spurs (H) - Win (71)

Barring any more injuries (:fc:!!!), I can see us progressing against the bottom half teams but slipping up against both Manchester sides and West Ham (especially if Antonio is on form).

I had expected us to lose to Liverpool before too so very impressed we got  6 points up from Liverpool and Villa.

• Like 1

Just done a predictor and that scared the shit out of me. Hopefully 73 with us beating spurs last game and being 4th, 3pts clear of chelsea in 5th!

But could go down to goal difference.

I have us getting 4 pts from last 3 games and it is tight as fook!

Lose to.man u.

Draw chelsea,

Beat tottenham.

Thanks for this.

Scared now

I'll be gutted if we only draw at Southampton.

We should be looking to beat the likes of Burnley, Sheffield United, West Brom, Palace, Newcastle and I'd throw both North London clubs in there too.

We can get at Man Utd but we always seem to freeze.

Brighton are capable, and have only lost less than 10 times which is amazing given their position, but I think we can beat them too.

West Ham and Chelsea, tough.

Manchester City will beat us.

I'm optimistic.

Between 68 and 72 points based on following predicted results and possible unexpected dropped points. (current form of average points per game to date = 1.96 = 74 point total)

Current points (49)

Arsenal (H) - Draw (50)

Brighton (A) - Win (53)

Sheff U (H) - Win (56)

Burnley (A) - Draw (57)

Man City (H) - Lose (57)

West Ham (A) - Draw (58)

West Brom (H) - Win (61)

Crystal Palace (A) - Win (64)

Southampton (A) - Draw (65)

Newcastle (H) - Win (68)

Man U (A) - Lose (68)