Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

15 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm seriously tempted to do this too but it's a massive risk. I'm not arsed about paying twice for travel at this stage, it's just paying twice to not get in.. 

If you haven’t been designated a certain coach and it is just a rolling coach run where one fills it goes and the next fills then goes etc, I fail to see how they are going to tick everyone’s names off as you board the coaches, even on a normal away game the names on the coach lists are not in alphabetical order, so is someone standing there with an A4 clipboard scrolling pages of 3600 fans to tick names off?

QR scan of your ticket before you board? A bit too far advanced for this late in the day of getting it up and running isn’t it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's split my group into two (three if you include the lone lad whos driving down), and we're probably gonna be ushered straight into the ground on the coach. I would have much preferred to drive with 2 or 3 lads and I'd find it a lot safer as well, rather than sitting on a bus full of 25 people for over 2 hours.

Ironically there was no help from LCFChelp on Twitter on the day either and the phone lines wouldn't even let me queue, so as said in the UnionFS thread, anyone with genuine concerns had no way of having them answered, it was pay your money now or risk missing out.

Another fine example of our club being idiots (there are a couple of examples but we're better than most clubs). Disgraceful.

My guess is the coach will stop at Toddington services, perfect opportunity to jump into your mates car and avoid being ushered into the ground 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Saw someone on Twitter saying they had written to their MP about the club’s actions regarding the mandated coach travel and thought it was worth doing.

Here’s my template for anyone who wants to do the same:

Hello [name],

I’m writing to you to request more details about the government’s stance on travel for Leicester City supporters attending the FA Cup Final at Wembley on Saturday 15th May.

Initial information released by the club was that all supporters with an LE postcode had been mandated by the government to travel on coach only and not other modes of transport (such as train or car).

As my local government representative, can you please provide some additional clarity on the government’s policy for this event, specifically with reference to mode of transport?

Speculation online has recently suggested that in actual fact only 3,600 of the 6,250 need to travel by coach and that the club has been deceitful in saying that the government had mandated all with an LE postcode. If this is found to be the case, what will the government be doing to hold the club accountable for misrepresenting the truth on government policy?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Seen a few people say you get ushered into the ground off the coach. I can guarantee this won't happen my mate emailed the club. You can do what you want when you get off the coach 

They also said if you lived in an LE postcode you HAD to travel on the official coach or you wouldn’t be able to attend the game.  

The club are liars. 

12 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Saw someone on Twitter saying they had written to their MP about the club’s actions regarding the mandated coach travel and thought it was worth doing.

Hello [name],

I’m writing to you to request more details about the government’s stance on travel for Leicester City supporters attending the FA Cup Final at Wembley on Saturday 15th May.

Initial information released by the club was that all supporters with an LE postcode had been mandated by the government to travel on coach only and not other modes of transport (such as train or car).

As my local government representative, can you please provide some additional clarity on the government’s policy for this event, specifically with reference to mode of transport?

Speculation online has recently suggested that in actual fact only 3,600 of the 6,250 need to travel by coach and that the club has been deceitful in saying that the government had mandated all with an LE postcode. If this is found to be the case, what will the government be doing to hold the club accountable for misrepresenting the truth on government policy?

Cheers for this. 

27 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Hello [name],

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They also said if you lived in an LE postcode you HAD to travel on the official coach or you wouldn’t be able to attend the game.  

The club are liars. 

Cheers for this. 

Technically speaking, until they had sold 3600 tickets to people with LE postcodes, they could claim to be not telling a lie  ....

putting yourself in their position, if they’d said coach travel was available at £45, would 3600 have taken it up? If it was a precondition of us getting 6250 tickets then it wasn’t an easy place for them to be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Technically speaking, until they had sold 3600 tickets to people with LE postcodes, they could claim to be not telling a lie  ....

putting yourself in their position, if they’d said coach travel was available at £45, would 3600 have taken it up? If it was a precondition of us getting 6250 tickets then it wasn’t an easy place for them to be. 

I don’t think anyone is suggesting the club were in an easy position but it could have been handled better.

List the tickets as 3600 for sale with coach travel included and list the rest without. At that point you have a choice, if there are non without coach travel left and I then buy that option I only have myself to blame but at the minute I’ve been lied to.

I know it’s an extreme comparison but the whole PPI scandal was based on banks selling something as mandatory but actually after the event it became clear it wasn’t. There are laws in place to stop this practise from taking place.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting the club were in an easy position but it could have been handled better.

List the tickets as 3600 for sale with coach travel included and list the rest without. At that point you have a choice, if there are non without coach travel left and I then buy that option I only have myself to blame but at the minute I’ve been lied to.

I know it’s an extreme comparison but the whole PPI scandal was based on banks selling something as mandatory but actually after the event it became clear it wasn’t. There are laws in place to stop this practise from taking place.

Well said. Those on the coach should have been free in my opinion if they are there for testing purposes. If they can give 9000 free to locals an extra 3600 for forced coach travel isn't a problem 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Well said. Those on the coach should have been free in my opinion if they are there for testing purposes. If they can give 9000 free to locals an extra 3600 for forced coach travel isn't a problem 

I agree with that but that’s a separate issue all together isn’t it.

My issue is the fact I was lied to.

9426ED53-2676-4C7C-AB24-46C0D52703CE.jpeg

68587FF0-B33A-40FD-B1E9-839C7B283A01.jpeg

33 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

What's the earliest time you can get a Covid test. Says 48 hours before which I assume means Thursday 5pm ish?

2.15 pmThursday 

Sorry for the miss info, couldn’t possibly be as simple as 2pm could it.

@stripeyfox

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Ref the 9k for locals 

it’s not just locals, it’s locals and corporates. 

if you had a club Wembley seat  (there are thousands) then you were entitled to apply for a ticket.  That window has expired now. So any locals on the list should now expect to be contacted about tickets. There must be several thousand club Wembley members and other corporate groups. All the seats purchased through corporate Wembley are not free for the final. 

you would expect the majority of the corporate seats to have been taken by Chelsea fan clients/associates/friends of the seat holders. 

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

2pm Thursday 

cheers. Might have to be Friday morning for me. I assume you get the result quite quickly? Hopefully not in a position where you have the test on Friday and still waiting for the result on Monday!

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

cheers. Might have to be Friday morning for me. I assume you get the result quite quickly? Hopefully not in a position where you have the test on Friday and still waiting for the result on Monday!

Supposed to be within an hour or so. Mine pre semi came back in around 40 mins 

I read someone on here didn’t get a result so had to go and redo on the Sunday morning 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Great Point 👍

1 hour ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Seen a few people say you get ushered into the ground off the coach. I can guarantee this won't happen my mate emailed the club. You can do what you want when you get off the coach 

They can't do that. The first coaches will arrive 5 hours before KO

People need to make a stand if they don’t want to take the bus otherwise the govt and the club will think they can do what they like to normal people from provincial cities like ours !!  There is no way they would have pulled a stunt like this in Manchester ,Liverpool or London but they have no respect for our political leaders or the people that live here this has been shown in the last 15 months Leicester has been in lockdown 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChampionFox50 said:

People need to make a stand if they don’t want to take the bus otherwise the govt and the club will think they can do what they like to normal people from provincial cities like ours !!  There is no way they would have pulled a stunt like this in Manchester ,Liverpool or London but they have no respect for our political leaders or the people that live here this has been shown in the last 15 months Leicester has been in lockdown 

To be honest, it’s probably an indication of how cities with high rates of infection will be able to attend away games next season.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I doubt 3600 would have to be fair, but it feels like we've been lied to and they should have been more honest. Say look we need 3.6k people going on the coach, or no-one will be allowed to go. I would have happily waited and taken the chance personally, it's made the Friday and the weekend much more differently personally for myself. Also, why are corporate exempt yet anyone that lives in Leicester who is an ordinary fan 'has to' take the coach.

I will contact the club about whether we're gonna be allowed to wander once we arrive, or if we'll be ushered straight into the ground. It won't be so bad if we can do what we want when we arrive.

I'd also like to know if there's gonna be a punishment for not getting back on the coach after the game, I'd prefer to meet my mates in London after now and get a lift home.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

To be honest, it’s probably an indication of how cities with high rates of infection will be able to attend away games next season.

Maybe but the devious way it has been presented 🙈 ,would have been able to stomach it if they had sold the 3600 tickets in a package as has been suggested elsewhere on this thread. I’m sure if the game was being played in the midlands they wouldn’t have treated a london club in the same way !! 

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I doubt 3600 would have to be fair, but it feels like we've been lied to and they should have been more honest. Say look we need 3.6k people going on the coach, or no-one will be allowed to go. I would have happily waited and taken the chance personally, it's made the Friday and the weekend much more differently personally for myself. Also, why are corporate exempt yet anyone that lives in Leicester who is an ordinary fan 'has to' take the coach.

I will contact the club about whether we're gonna be allowed to wander once we arrive, or if we'll be ushered straight into the ground. It won't be so bad if we can do what we want when we arrive.

I'd also like to know if there's gonna be a punishment for not getting back on the coach after the game, I'd prefer to meet my mates in London after now and get a lift home.

Keep us updated if it get any feedback mate. I'd be interested to find out about these points too.

Also, does anyone know what time we have to be there for to board the coach to Wembley?