Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC Women Promoted as Champions to Women's Super League

Stick with the brand. Our u23, youth teams etc are all lcfc first and foremost so should be the ladies team.

i Suspect that the media, and others, will start to refer to them as the “vixens” as a nickname as that would give them an identity of their own whilst still sharing the club brand, badge and image etc.

regardless of how they are referred to they have done brilliantly and this further cements the clubs standing as a serious contender in all aspects and shows just how far we have come under our exceptional ownership.

2 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Yay! Well done.  (Not that I've ever seen any of their matches :( )

What are the odds on them winning the WSL in a couple of seasons? :P :D  ;)

Staying up will be tough enough.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/womens_football/leicester-championship-promotion-wsl-b1826770.html

Leicester secured promotion to the Women's Super League for the first time after beating London City Lionesses 2-0 at home.

Sam Tierney and Natasha Flint were on target for Leicester, who have also clinched the Women's Championship title with two games remaining.

The Foxes have won 15 of their 18 league fixtures this season, losing just once, as a 12-game winning run has lifted them eight points clear of second-placed Durham.

Aston Villa, promoted to the WSL last season, currently occupy the single relegation slot in the top flight but four teams, including Birmingham, West Ham and Bristol City are separated by just three points.

• Like 1

I personally think they’ll be fine next season, we’ve got some very good players, add some strength to them and we’ll be even better. As the the home grown players we’ve done well to get them, especially Plumbtre, whose arrival coincided with the teams upturn in form and by no coincidence, her organisation and experience coupled with her ability had an immediate impact and a team that struggled to defend suddenly looked more solid, the women’s Robert Huth signing if you want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Staying up will be tough enough.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/womens_football/leicester-championship-promotion-wsl-b1826770.html

Leicester secured promotion to the Women's Super League for the first time after beating London City Lionesses 2-0 at home.

Sam Tierney and Natasha Flint were on target for Leicester, who have also clinched the Women's Championship title with two games remaining.

The Foxes have won 15 of their 18 league fixtures this season, losing just once, as a 12-game winning run has lifted them eight points clear of second-placed Durham.

Aston Villa, promoted to the WSL last season, currently occupy the single relegation slot in the top flight but four teams, including Birmingham, West Ham and Bristol City are separated by just three points.

...competed well in the cup against Manchester City....!!!

I believe there will be a lot of players looking at Leicester and the progress we have made and wanting to get in at the ground floor at this stage. We brought a few  players in this season and we will be looking for either players who are WSL fringe players or potential players in our current league who be delighted for a chance to compete in the top league.

I do not think we will struggle in the top league, top 6 would be the aim, do not be surprised if it is more.

7 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

Kin el, I'm not even that big a fan of Womens football but I was welling up listening to that Ash Plumptre interview.

I wonder if it matters as much to some PL men players?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

How do I get to see these links that people put up on my iPad? When I tap on them they just disappear :dunno:

I'm not an Apple person but if it doesn't appear through your browser, you may have to download Twitter.

Although our social media does post some stuff on YouTube as well. So this is the video that Twitter is linking.

https://youtu.be/OM11w4iM4po

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I'm not an Apple person but if it doesn't appear through your browser, you may have to download Twitter.

Although our social media does post some stuff on YouTube as well. So this is the video that Twitter is linking.

https://youtu.be/OM11w4iM4po

Thanks, I should see if it does it on my phone which is a Samsung. I’m not on Twitter so could be that I suppose.

• 2 months later...
On 11/04/2021 at 23:33, Babylon said:

Having just seen Tara Kirk I shall now be a fully fledged supporter next season and hope she plays lots of games.

Seen an interview or seen her play? I hope to take in a few matches too.