Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC Women Promoted as Champions to Women's Super League

It's something I've mentioned in the past  but I think the team would benefit from a separate identity. 

Leicester City Women will always sound b list. 

A fresh standalone kit, badge and corporate identity would be better imo. 

How about Fosse? With the maroon and claret sash? .....give the girls thier own platform and not just play second fiddle 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

It's something I've mentioned in the past  but I think the team would benefit from a separate identity. 

How about Fosse? With the maroon and claret sash? .....give the girls thier own platform and not just play second fiddle 

Do you mean black and sky blue sash? Maroon and claret are about the same thing, aren't they?

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

You just know if we did it, we'd be the Leicester Foxes or something. Which isn't even the worst name in the world, but doesn't scream "serious football side" with wider appeal to me. It just leaves Women's football in that kind of corny lurch like Rugby League or something. A serious league with a high standard of play and athleticism, but one viewed as a little weird by anyone outside of its bubble.

Totally with this. The best thing about the Tigers is they are Leicester FC, with the nickname the Tigers. All the Bradford Bulls, Exeter Chiefs, Miami Heat stuff is nonsense for non-fans. 

Up the City (men and women)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Many congrats to LCFC women. Terrific and season and worthy Champions. That's all that needs to be said and all this talk of changing name and separate identity is, personally, bollocks. We are LEICESTER CITY!!

I'll pass on the bollocks, but entirely share the sentiment. lol

All the massive clubs use same identity for both male and female teams (Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, etc.) - and we're massive! :cool:

• Like 1

Bravo foxes women on their fantastic achievement! THis is brilliant news for our club as we continue to evolve and succeed at the very top of the game. GOod luck next season I have high hopes. COYF!!! :scarf:

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

Yay! Well done.  (Not that I've ever seen any of their matches :( )

What are the odds on them winning the WSL in a couple of seasons? :P :D  ;)

5000/1 roughly, I expect them to have a bit of a relegation scrap on their hands next season, but the year after I’m going all in...

Guest Bert Fill
12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I agree that ‘Leicester City Women’ isn’t ideal. But I don’t agree at all that they should have a separate identity - they’re a Leicester City team after all.

I’d go the opposite direction to you and just call them ‘Leicester City.’ They’re in the women’s league so it’s pretty obvious it’s the women’s team - no need to have ‘Women’ in the name at all.

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

Yay! Well done.  (Not that I've ever seen any of their matches :( )

What are the odds on them winning the WSL in a couple of seasons? :P :D  ;)

Ha! The odds on that would be enormous  - almost no chance I’d imagine. They’d be doing really well to be mid table and not battling against relegation all season. Can’t see how they’d do any better than that. Unless the financial backing is going to be proper serious of course; then who knows?

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

I agree that ‘Leicester City Women’ isn’t ideal. But I don’t agree at all that they should have a separate identity - they’re a Leicester City team after all.

I’d go the opposite direction to you and just call them ‘Leicester City.’ They’re in the women’s league so it’s pretty obvious it’s the women’s team - no need to have ‘Women’ in the name at all.

It gets a bit confusing when you're view 'news' headlines, reports and stories if they don't have something distinctive to their name. Call me lazy but I like to know what I'm opening up to read before I click on it and I do read some of their stuff.

Having said that using 'Women' doesn't feel very good. Not that I've got a better idea.

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

Ha! The odds on that would be enormous  - almost no chance I’d imagine. They’d be doing really well to be mid table and not battling against relegation all season. Can’t see how they’d do any better than that. Unless the financial backing is going to be proper serious of course; then who knows?

It's a dilemma for all promoted clubs especially ones with some 'home grown' players in the team. Do you stick with them or go for better players assuming you can afford it and have that option.