Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

They'll very slowly re-establish their influence it's part of their make-up they can't live normal lives without their fingers in the pie.

see my comment above - how the big clubs are trying to have a disproportionate share of CL money - why?

Just now, foxinsocks said:

see my comment above - how the big clubs are trying to have a disproportionate share of CL money - why?

Why do they want it or why are we giving it them?

Just now, davieG said:

Why do they want it or why are we giving it them?

both - there is no justification to give them money to pay bigger wages to players based on history.  The reason this rule rule has been introduced was to head off the ESL ide - or it may be due to some "lobbying or networking issue". It need to be paused asap while this is hot topic.  This is a way of preserving the gap between he top clubs and those that would challenge them.

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

They'll very slowly re-establish their influence it's part of their make-up they can't live normal lives without their fingers in the pie.

Tend to agree, but in the short term, I imagine it will rein them back at least. 

Just now, Lichfieldfox. said:

Because they are ran by greedy autocrats who couldn't give a flying **** about their clubs fans

exactly - so while we have them on the retreated we shoudl sort this out - iot is anticompetitive,  Where are bunter, starmer, Rio, Neville prince William now?

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Because it is them that attract the bulk of the viewers, not the competition at large.

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

both - there is no justification to give them money to pay bigger wages to players based on history.  The reason this rule rule has been introduced was to head off the ESL ide - or it may be due to some "lobbying or networking issue". It need to be paused asap while this is hot topic.  This is a way of preserving the gap between he top clubs and those that would challenge them.

Well fans in this country have never been that great in resisting this sort of thing. Club rivalry seems to take precedent over the best interest of all fans. This recent uprising is a very rare event.

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I did warn people, we would have been better off with the big 6 gone out of the league.

Also some very grounded comments from people on eurogamer, most who are not football fans.

Sensible comments such as they should have one game a week on BBC/ITV to garner interest from young people during pandemic.

Also one I strongly agree with, the league would have been better by losing these clubs, over time costs would go down due to lower TV deals and things would get closer to how football used to be in the past.

The more I think about it the more I wish these big 6 were gone out of the english football league/cups and also those 12 gone from european football.

Sadly though football is split, there are those who want the giants in the game.

exactly - so while we have them on the retreated we shoudl sort this out - iot is anticompetitive,  Where are bunter, starmer, Rio, Neville prince William now?

More importantly why are the board members of these clubs not resigning en masse? 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Because it is them that attract the bulk of the viewers, not the competition at large.

and they get some pay under the current rules for the games they play that are shown. The new rules mean they would get paid extra even if their games aren't shown.  This was just a sop form Uefa - it need to be stopped as it is anticompetitive.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well fans in this country have never been that great in resisting this sort of thing. Club rivalry seems to take precedent over the best interest of all fans. This recent uprising is a very rare event.

that's why we should keep the momentum going - arent' you bothered about it?

and they get some pay under the current rules for the games they play that are shown. The new rules mean they would get paid extra even if their games aren't shown.  This was just a sop form Uefa - it need to be stopped as it is anticompetitive.

Not saying I agree, but these are greedy business pigs, so its hardly surprising. Best to let owners who buy clubs for vanity, (Like Man City and Chelsea) rather than those who buy it for profit. Of course then you have the ethical questions about such owners...

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Again perhaps I’m being very naive again as I was yesterday in saying players might actually think about their moves, who they’re playing for and their owners motives but I genuinely think these clubs have done irreparable damage to themselves, lost massive amounts of respect and “their say” will not hold less conviction/the “smaller clubs” will have as much say and finally be listened to.

This is definitely a watershed moment. Their reputations publicly have been utterly trashed but their personal relationships with the rest of the PL has been hit with a ****ing nuke. They’ve genuinely lost a hell of a lot of power here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not saying I agree, but these are greedy business pigs, so its hardly surprising. Best to let owners who buy clubs for vanity, (Like Man City and Chelsea) rather than those who buy it for profit. Of course then you have the ethical questions about such owners...

Uefa decision making is wonky at best... righty now there is a feeling that football should be competitive and offer a fair opportunity for all.  THis extra money no only warps the CL but also all the domestic leagues in Europe.  Now is the time to raise this issue in capital letters.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is definitely a watershed moment. Their reputations publicly have been utterly trashed but their personal relationships with the rest of the PL has been hit with a ****ing nuke. They’ve genuinely lost a hell of a lot of power here. 

agree - that's why all fans should push on the proposals for changing the cl revenue divy. This is the moment

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

that's why we should keep the momentum going - arent' you bothered about it?

Of course have a look at my posts. The problem is how do yo keep it going? Have you got the answer because I and millions of other like minded fans don't know how too. 

Maybe every fan should join the FSA - https://thefsa.org.uk/about/board-and-national-council/ so we become one mighty force.

• Like 1

Uefa decision making is wonky at best... righty now there is a feeling that football should be competitive and offer a fair opportunity for all.  THis extra money no only warps the CL but also all the domestic leagues in Europe.  Now is the time to raise this issue in capital letters.

Large organisations without God-like oversight attracts corruption, it is the nature of the beast. You could put this under the auspices of Governments, but they are just as prone to such behaviours regardless of their flavour.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Of course have a look at my posts. The problem is how do yo keep it going? Have you got the answer because I and millions of other like minded fans don't know how too. 

Maybe every fan should join the FSA - https://thefsa.org.uk/about/board-and-national-council/ so we become one mighty force.

maybe   parliamentary petition - we could easily get 100k signs - MPs jumped on the anti ESL band wagon because for onece there was an "issue that they were not responsible for".  I am sure we could press MPs to take an interest.  Of course this is not a gov issue - but it would put pressure on the authorities  - meanwhile the big clubs are on the back foot..

WWE need a simple paragraph calling on uefa to with draw the proposal... for money on historical bases - as it would be anti competitive and warp the CL and other eu leagues... - we coudl then post it to all other pl fans forums.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Large organisations without God-like oversight attracts corruption, it is the nature of the beast. You could put this under the auspices of Governments, but they are just as prone to such behaviours regardless of their flavour.

but right now we have momentum to change this one thing.