Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Just now, StanSP said:

Don't get me wrong the primary motive behind this ideology is ultimately money, but recent results and 'smaller clubs' clearly closing the gap isn't far behind.

"It's my ball and i'm taking it home" :cry:

5 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Perez still claiming that clubs can’t withdraw

I think this is why the Premier League is holding fire at the moment. There could still be huge fines and financial issues about withdrawing from this.

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think this is why the Premier League is holding fire at the moment. There could still be huge fines and financial issues about withdrawing from this.

I hope so. I really hope that these teams have put themselves in a position where regardless of what they do, they are financially hammered. 

Ok, it doesn't sit well that Barca and Real will get their debts paid but you can't win them all. 

• Like 1

Perez is what is wrong with the game, in a nutshell.

He's trying to divide the game, not united it.

But wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid fans stuck up for him..

Edited by Wymsey

20 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Perez still claiming that clubs can’t withdraw

Kind of hope he's right. I want all six of the treasonous willy pullers in our league to face the full repercussions they deserve.

As it stands, it smells suspiciously like the FA and Premier League are going to try to sweep it under the carpet and welcome them back into the fold like nothing has happened.

• Like 1

I almost hope he is right as all 6 deserve the x millions of pain and associated upheaval, but then again Perez is such a dick, I also sort of don’t.

Clearly this has nothing to do with Barca then requiring a fire sale of young talented Portuguese wingers who may (or may not) have piqued our interest in the past.

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Almost definitely bullshit

”Look how we committed we are, turning down this imaginary offer. Remember, power of the Kop, this means more, YNWA.

From your friendly owners”

Edited by ttfn

Absolutely no chance clubs have signed up to a contract that is impossible to withdraw from, especially the teams who have to have fan votes on such things. Guy is clutching at any straw he can find because he knows sooner or later if real Madrid keep going the way they are they'll hit trouble. 

9 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Absolutely no chance clubs have signed up to a contract that is impossible to withdraw from, especially the teams who have to have fan votes on such things. Guy is clutching at any straw he can find because he knows sooner or later if real Madrid keep going the way they are they'll hit trouble. 

They’re already in trouble I think 

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The Sunday Times reckons that while

some clubs would really like to punish ‘the big six’, we have advocated a ‘more conciliatory’ approach.

Just read that. I know it might come off as an ulterior motive from us if we backed harsh punishments given we'd be among those most likely to gain, but this is still so disappointing to read. What these clubs did is unforgivable.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Just read that. I know it might come off as an ulterior motive from us if we backed harsh punishments given we'd be among those most likely to gain, but this is still so disappointing to read. What these clubs did is unforgivable.

It probably would/does but I’m certain I would feel the same if we were involved.

To be honest, I’m not sure I will continue watching and supporting top level football if this isn’t dealt with appropriately (which I expect it to not be). The Clubs, the Authorities, the broadcasters and the media have been patronising us for years and pushing this greed agenda and if they can’t wake up now then it’s lost. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It probably would/does but I’m certain I would feel the same if we were involved.

To be honest, I’m not sure I will continue watching and supporting top level football if this isn’t dealt with appropriately (which I expect it to not be). The Clubs, the Authorities, the broadcasters and the media have been patronising us for years and pushing this greed agenda and if they can’t wake up now then it’s lost. 

It's like a tipping point either we go forward with a new fan led approach or we gradually slip back to where we were where all that's is bad is reinforced and off into a Super League World because they wont let it lie unless they are removed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Plus the fact wouldn't these Clubs be in breach of the contract they have with the EPL?!!

On 23/04/2021 at 11:07, ClaphamFox said:

JP Morgan now admitting they got it wrong. Cue Florentino Perez appearing on Spanish TV later claiming that he'll set up his own JP Morgan to fund the ESL and save football from oblivion...

"We clearly misjudged it..."

For those interested. A log of JP Morgan's financial violations since 2008. They also have plans to open up retail banks in Britain.

Edited by lebleu