Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

These big team fan trusts are really standing up to the plate here. Not sure I'd have the same faith the Foxes Trust would do the same 

They would but I don't think they really have enough members to make a significant impact probably because there's no reason to join. These Trusts usually grow when the clubs they support are complete arseholes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The spurs fans in the comments haha so easily triggered 

"Next season you'll be a Championship side".  Spurs fans once again proving without a doubt that they cannot, in fact, "do the maths".

58 minutes ago, davieG said:

...and the clubs would like it to look as if it was the fans in attempt win them back. They're certainly not going to say it was the threat of sanctions or their advertisers were trying to back out.

They knew this would piss off long time (sorry, legacy) fans so all this supposed shock at the reaction is bullshit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:Not been able to following this thread much today, so not sure if repeating something. Sorry if I am.

All I keep hearing from the people like Perez, Glazer and Levy is that there were seeking a way to save football, put it on a more solid foundation. I would love for them to actually explain how they thought this would benefit the game as a whole other than lining their own pockets. There's plenty to sort out in the game, but what they were trying to achieve would have solved none of it.

Also I think they massively misunderstood what draws people to the game. We all know what draws local fans, but I think they think international fans are just in it for the big games. Having looked at all the comments across social media over the last few days, there's universal disapproval of this even from fans in America and Asia. There's people ger up at 3am to watch their team play anybody, they don't care if its Real Madrid or Burnley. I honestly don't think this super league would ever pull in the viewers they thought it wouldn't, because nobody wants it.

They thought they were saving football for the same reason they made it a closed shop for themselves. They genuinely believe they ARE football.

They see the money and attention the likes of Ronaldo and Messi bring and think that’s all that matters. They rely on a naive audience to exploit.

Which is why they used the term “legacy fans”. They just don’t value real fans, the kind of fans like us, who have spent decades investing our time, not money, into our unfashionable clubs.

The contempt they had for us when we won the league was already thinly veiled. Now they’ve just screamed it from rooftops: we and everyone else are not welcome.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Not been able to following this thread much today, so not sure if repeating something. Sorry if I am.

All I keep hearing from the people like Perez, Glazer and Levy is that there were seeking a way to save football, put it on a more solid foundation. I would love for them to actually explain how they thought this would benefit the game as a whole other than lining their own pockets. There's plenty to sort out in the game, but what they were trying to achieve would have solved none of it.

Also I think they massively misunderstood what draws people to the game. We all know what draws local fans, but I think they think international fans are just in it for the big games. Having looked at all the comments across social media over the last few days, there's universal disapproval of this even from fans in America and Asia. There's people ger up at 3am to watch their team play anybody, they don't care if its Real Madrid or Burnley. I honestly don't think this super league would ever pull in the viewers they thought it wouldn't, because nobody wants it.

This thread goes up 40 pages everytime I look.I’m guessing their excuse/argument was that they could form a new league,get a staggering new income stream that would dwarf the current domestic deals.Then split the monies accordingly.Naturally as they were the top draw and the ones doing the work,they would get the lions share.The rest to be filtered down the different pyramids.The door would be left open for five upstarts to cash in for a year or two.As you say though we didn’t even get a chance to see how the hell the thing was going to work.It just shows how knee deep in crap Barca,Real and Juve are.Totally embarrassing.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

...and the clubs would like it to look as if it was the fans in attempt win them back. They're certainly not going to say it was the threat of sanctions or their advertisers were trying to back out.

I don’t know how the clubs was thinking this would work, it shows incredible arrogance, they clearly knew it was going to upset people that’s why they was doing meetings the way they were

the “big picture” leak reaction should have been a massive eye opener for them but obviously wasn’t 

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Liverpool fans pushed out their previous American owners for far less, I wonder if they will stick to their guns and do the same? I have a feeling they won't.

Agree. Just looking at some of the reactions on Twitter, seems like many of their fans will simply want to move on. Some were even suggesting they'd forgive their owners if they bought Mbappe. Have they not learned anything?

Florentino Perez to El Larguero: “If this project didn’t work, another one will. Remember: all the 12 clubs have signed a biding contract”

This guy is a straight up bond villain. He seems to think he has these 12 clubs locked in. 

We need to have huge reforms to put an end to these sickos thinking they own football 

2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Don’t spend stupid moneys on players and stadium improvements then...

Maybe... Just maybe... These top fuching sides should be more financially responsible!

If only the top sides are losing despite getting most of the money pool, especially in Spain, then maybe the problem probably lies with the top sides... 

Absolute and utterly deluded cretin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Florentino Perez to El Larguero: “If this project didn’t work, another one will. Remember: all the 12 clubs have signed a biding contract”

This guy is a straight up bond villain. He seems to think he has these 12 clubs locked in. 

We need to have huge reforms to put an end to these sickos thinking they own football 

I think if that’s genuinely the case, strong sanctions have to come in against the teams involved now and the governing bodies (inc government and EU) need to make it so financially and legally difficult that no one will ever be bothered in trying it again. 

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1