Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm not bothered what outside people think to be honest. If they're that worried then don't award anyone the league title. Put the last 2 clubs that aren't greedy 6 in the finals. 

....I am not sure if we are at cross purposes!!!

The original post referred to Leicester City not advocating for a punitive recourse in this instance. The response was that we should be more bullish in our actions. My response was that we (Leicester City) could not be seen to be the recipients of any punitive measures.

Not sure what you mean with regards to the last 2 non greedy clubs being put into the finals, what Finals?

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am not sure if we are at cross purposes!!!

The original post referred to Leicester City not advocating for a punitive recourse in this instance. The response was that we should be more bullish in our actions. My response was that we (Leicester City) could not be seen to be the recipients of any punitive measures.

Not sure what you mean with regards to the last 2 non greedy clubs being put into the finals, what Finals?

Of the cups if your worried someone will accuse us of gaining from it. I dont even care if they decided to hand it to west ham. They need punishing and forget what everything else. You can't just let them off because you might get accused of benefitting  

Not been able to following this thread much today, so not sure if repeating something. Sorry if I am.

All I keep hearing from the people like Perez, Glazer and Levy is that there were seeking a way to save football, put it on a more solid foundation. I would love for them to actually explain how they thought this would benefit the game as a whole other than lining their own pockets. There's plenty to sort out in the game, but what they were trying to achieve would have solved none of it.

Also I think they massively misunderstood what draws people to the game. We all know what draws local fans, but I think they think international fans are just in it for the big games. Having looked at all the comments across social media over the last few days, there's universal disapproval of this even from fans in America and Asia. There's people ger up at 3am to watch their team play anybody, they don't care if its Real Madrid or Burnley. I honestly don't think this super league would ever pull in the viewers they thought it wouldn't, because nobody wants it.

• Like 3

As much as I'd love to, I can't get on board with the arguments that fan protest and outrage brought this down. I think it played a part but we've had loads of fan protests ignored in the past.

It's most likely to be a legal issue or an incentive to come back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

As much as I'd love to, I can't get on board with the arguments that fan protest and outrage brought this down. I think it played a part but we've had loads of fan protests ignored in the past.

I think the absolute piss take of an interview from Perez and the fact the whole ordeal appeared incredibly unorganized had a huge role to play in it 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Of the cups if your worried someone will accuse us of gaining from it. I dont even care if they decided to hand it to west ham. They need punishing and forget what everything else. You can't just let them off because you might get accused of benefitting  

.....I agree that there should be punitive action against them, absolutely!!!

I was looking at this from the clubs perspective, just bringing them back in the fold would be an abstention of our integrity and duty.

Edited by sacreblueits442

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I still think it was either a behind the scenes word in the ear from the government or some sort of players revolt/refusal to play, Surely Chelsea's owners would have expected a few fans outside protesting, so that wouldn't have been what drove it.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think the absolute piss take of an interview from Perez and the fact the whole ordeal appeared incredibly unorganized had a huge role to play in it 

Yeah, it was a lot of things at play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the fans, it clearly had an effect but I think a narrative that they were the major reason it collapsed might make people become complacent and think this is all it takes to change things. There's an enormous amount of work ahead. But it is a start.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maybe you're right, maybe the owners got duped by a lunatic with promises of mega bucks from the banks and then realised their error.

I think we can expect to see shedloads of activity on social media of leading players from the BIG SIX playing kicky kicky footy with young disadvantaged 'supporters', visits to children's wards in local hospitals, heavy participation at charity events, 360 degree genuflecting towards whatever good cause is in the limelight and so on and so forth.

Pass me the sick bag Alice!

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yeah, it was a lot of things at play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the fans, it clearly had an effect but I think a narrative that they were the major reason it collapsed might make people become complacent and think this is all it takes to change things. There's an enormous amount of work ahead. But it is a start.

I do think it was a lot of different things all coming at once. Sponsor concern, player/staff concern, fan concern. Governing body threats, government intervention, local council intervention. I do think they massively underestimated how much outrage this would cause.

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

Think it is due to the Vanity owners backing out, especially Chelsea who have a decent following globally, that and fact the Germans and PSG gave the Yanks the finger. Governmental sabre rattling also played its part I imagine. :dunno:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I agree that there should be punitive action against them, absolutely!!!

I was looking at this from the clubs perspective, just bringing them back in the fold would be an abstentious of our integrity and duty.

I dont think we really could be accused. They can just say they're going with the majority if they're that worried. 

It just makes me realise how important it was to stop "big picture".

If they got that through, they would have had the power to vote this through and the league couldn't have done a thing to stop it.

Edited by Foxy_Bear

28 minutes ago, Corky said:

...and the clubs would like it to look as if it was the fans in attempt win them back. They're certainly not going to say it was the threat of sanctions or their advertisers were trying to back out.

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

...and the clubs would like it to look as if it was the fans in attempt win them back. They're certainly not going to say it was the threat of sanctions or their advertisers were trying to back out.

Unless they receive adequate punishment now they will just be better prepared next time and not entangle themselves in the half arsed efforts of a fool - Perez.