Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

These idiots honestly, I get that overseas rights are very lucrative but you are pandering to people who, and let’s be honest here, in the main do not have a ****ing clue about real football.

Trusting what THEY want after 150 years of a pretty successful formula is potentially suicide. 

The overseas rights aren't that lucrative, if they don't pay you, e.g. China.

I know the American Super League owners looked at the NFL rights fees, and went "We want that, too!" But the US rights market is insanely rich -- for US sports, or US athletes. NBC pays well over half of all the money paid in total rights fees for the Olympics, which are more popular in other countries.

The numbers the Super League was splashing about were pie in the sky, and based on the assumption the Asian market was suddenly going to pay US rates for content. Clubs trying to get out of debt were going into massive debt to launch a League without even securing a broadcast partner. If the DAZN rumours were true, they wouldn't have recouped their costs, and soon their checks wouldn't have cleared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He doesn’t understand - the English fan wants Stoke to still be around playing professional football. 

they think that their fans only care about their club (JW Henry made the same mistake in his apology) 

the fans over here understand that there is a bigger picture than just their club. Of course they want their club to be successful and playing at the highest level that they can but not at the expense of any level of competition and other clubs .......

I think a lot of these top rank underestimate how it’s the overall package of domestic European football what makes it attractive. It is exactly the depth of pyramid which makes it stand out 

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Shortened version: 

We're in huge fvcking debt despite our position and need more cash money dinero pasta 🤪🤪

So they can keep spending 100 to 150 a pop for players. You would think their fans would be tired of paying for their mistakes.

These clubs are so bloated there isn’t enough money going around to keep feeding them, it would seem 😂 

The announcement on a Sunday evening seemed so hastily done with little PR and planning. If this Perez is anything to go by he thought it would be well received. I hope these clubs toxicity extends to when crowds are back, because let’s say if people boycott in any reasonable number it would be such a big statement.

Perhaps the solution is not to place so much resource and power in the hands of the few, but instead move to level the playing field (though how can that be done now?). The dice is already loaded enough in favour of these teams, the fact they thought loading it further would go down well is probably the most shocking part of all of this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why can't clubs own the foreign television rites to their home games, surely that would bring the money in on a digital platform. 

If the dumb ass ESL wannabes had spent the last 3 years building a stunning streaming platform rather than plotting like giggling children in their den, then they could have told, any broadcaster to feck off and do it themselves, rather than this embarrassing blunt power grab.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

“We’ve been irresponsible and the only way to fix that is by either going bankrupt or fix the sport in our favour”

Bit but but... if they have all the money they can buy our players so we can survive!! 

• Haha 1

I think they've had a lucky escape themselves, to be honest. They were taking on huge sums of money on potential fans, not certain fans.

There was no guarantee this would've been a roaring success and I think they've overplayed their importance in terms of matches between them being played regularly.

8 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I hope its sheikh Mansour. 

Nothing against man city particularly but he's got too much money and they're gonna end up like bayern.

I think Manchester United have not been far off in their spending, the problem in football is a lot more than manchester city, if anything chelsea and manchester city stopped a 2 club dominance between arsenal and manchester united.

If you think what the old elite want.

FFP that ignores debt and is based on revenue.

Split of TV revenue heavily in favour of old elite.

Combine the two and you lock out competition, its almost rigged.  

Tried to raise my point on redcafe, but the view there is external investment is unfair, but large spending on existing revenue is fine, no problems with debts.  

Realistically we never going to get a fair system but I think the smaller clubs should aim for the following system.

Qualification for competitions on merit only.

No dropouts from CL to Europa

TV money 66% equal spread between each participant, group stage onwards.  33% based on performance, 0% co-efficient.

Keep FFP based on revenue, but penalty applied when certain thresholds of debt are exceeded.

Ultimately the giants would still have a huge advantage even with these rules but at least it wouldnt be so crazy as they trying to get it.

Think about when at primary school when picking teams, it was taken in turns to pick players, what the elite would find fair is they pick their entire team before the other team.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Shortened version: 

We're in huge fvcking debt despite our position and need more cash money dinero pasta 🤪🤪

Barcelona and Real Madrid have ****ed each other up because of politics. But I'll always want Barcelona to win in that particular battle.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

JP Morgan now admitting they got it wrong. Cue Florentino Perez appearing on Spanish TV later claiming that he'll set up his own JP Morgan to fund the ESL and save football from oblivion...

"We clearly misjudged it..."

and  Florentino Perez appearing on Spanish TV later claiming that JP Morgan have been pressurised by Legacy Fan clients they must have so many of them.

• Like 1