Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The point is ‘kids’ can watch all the football they want for free if they don’t have sky or bt through streaming. YouTube has goals from the premier league through the sky sports channel on there as soon as they happen. Sky post highlights for free to Twitter and Facebook as well. Football is more accessible than every. The real question for me is are 16-24 year olds really not interested in football? Or is it just a myth? I’ve seen no evidence!

To be honest though clips of matches isn't the same as watching a match live. Everyone knows that. 

I feel like football is still popular with kids. Fifa is more popular then ever. But yes the lack of channels to watch it on surely has an impact. Can't see why they dont put the matches that wont air on tv on for free. E.G. If Newcastle V West Brom isn't going to be on sky or bt, then let ITV or BBC throw it on for free. 

10 minutes ago, Christoph said:

To be honest though clips of matches isn't the same as watching a match live. Everyone knows that. 

I feel like football is still popular with kids. Fifa is more popular then ever. But yes the lack of channels to watch it on surely has an impact. Can't see why they dont put the matches that wont air on tv on for free. E.G. If Newcastle V West Brom isn't going to be on sky or bt, then let ITV or BBC throw it on for free. 

While I agree, things like clips are a good way to engage casual fans and get them interested and progressing to full matches. I think the key is the age group in question have no issues at all with streaming matches and do it with ease and safely. 

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

While I agree, things like clips are a good way to engage casual fans and get them interested and progressing to full matches. I think the key is the age group in question have no issues at all with streaming matches and do it with ease and safely. 

The young kids probably don’t like longer matches because the illegal streams do not last long enough lol 

42 minutes ago, midland_red said:

It will be s big beanfest for the lawyers if the mail is right. I wonder where ESL was legally incorporated? And where the contracts said was the venue for dispute resolution

I'm really hoping it just ends up in them  all taking each other to court. But I imagine they're all still friendly behind the scenes and are probably have been plotting the next move. 

Well the big 6 have shown there hand, in what they potentially want in the future.

Something drastic needs to be done now whilst it’s all still raw and repercussions of there actions needs to be implemented.

All 6 statements from the clubs are a kop-out, they are all shrewd businessmen, they 1000% knew what they were doing, this “we didn’t know what we were signing up for” is just BS

They haven’t early millions and become successful, by signing contracts blind, without knowing what they were first.

For me it has and always will now create a divide in the league.

I hope us and West Ham get top 4 and upset the money men and apple cart once again.

A points deduction and ban from Europe is needed to hit these clubs hard,  

Yes the PL UEFA and the CL may have to take a hit financially through Tv and Advertising, but it’s better to make an example of them, than do nothing, cower down and still give the power to these clubs by pandering to their £££ needs abs giving into there demands.

This is only the start, come down hard now, and if they sulk and do eventually create a SL closed shop....so be it.

Champions,Play-Offs,Europe,Relegation Battles and fierce competition is part of the reason we love the game, take this edge away and the game is finished.

Would rather watch a league with the above morals at play, it’s better to be earned through graft and hard work than an entitlement, and will never watch a league with a Super League ethos!  

• Like 1

If people are falling out of love with football it's the greed, the lack of connection with players, ridiculous salaries, agent fees, play acting, cheating, hypocrisy, racism etc etc. Perez should've said that.

If clubs can't sustain how football has become then that's tough isn't it. They will need to tighten their budgets, don't pay extortionate transfer fees and wages.

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

It’s the owners that need to be punished. Authorities need to look at whatever they are doing in Germany that means supporters own 51% of their clubs (if that is true). How did they manage it? Whatever they did needs to be phased in here.

...we have been fighting the wrong battle, while we are patting ourselves on the back the revision of the Champions League  (which was what they wanted to get through) is now passed in clear sight, as our attention was elsewhere!!!

The subsequent, so called climb down was a bluff and staged in a way that they knew the outcome. 

If you seriously believed in a project and chose to implement and force it into being, you would not be climbing down within 72 hours.

Football supporters are fickle, give it a few years and the supporters of the big 6 would have been comfortable undermining the rest of football. 

We have been hoodwinked and we continue to pat ourselves on the back.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I hope we're all guns blazing and I hope we don't back down from that stance. 

I would have thought we are in the more considered and favour preventing future reoccurrence camp, to be honest  :dunno:

• Like 2

What's genius about this whole thing is Liverpool being at the centre of an attempt to destroy all the other clubs in Europe, and what happens? What's the conclusion? Liverpool fans, players and manager get a grovelling apology from their owner😂 not a word to the rest of us.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

What's genius about this whole thing is Liverpool being at the centre of an attempt to destroy all the other clubs in Europe, and what happens? What's the conclusion? Liverpool fans, players and manager get a grovelling apology from their owner😂 not a word to the rest of us.

And therein lies the problem. The rest of us are an irrelevance. If these teams are not sanctioned severely it will just happen again and next time they will be more prepared. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would have thought we are in the more considered and favour preventing future reoccurrence camp, to be honest  :dunno:

That was my reaction as well. I just imagine us acting more as the peacemaker in all of this. Nothing to base that on other than gut reaction though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Me too but we need to do something these people will listen to. Ideally you want these guys to bugger off and sell. Neville made a great point about man City. You're better off having these guys who want to enhance their reputations run a football club rather than these American businessman - there's a fine moral line here in careful what you wish for, but as a fan and not including anything else you know what you'd choose. I get there are skeletons in closets though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

So true. They consume more football orientated media than I ever did, it’s a complete fabrication to say kids aren’t interested. It’s all about monetising how they’re watching it - which is usually Facebook/ YouTube / streaming sites - so they hardly make money out of them - FIFA 21 aside! Football governing bodies know this it’s all about the money. 

And the game shouldn’t be changed to suit a global audience. Game going fans have to be the centre point of any strategy the rest of the world already buy into that. 

12 years ago. I remember it well how it all started for me on a cold windy night in Stoke. ESPN3 Pulis and Allardyce going mano a mano with some Rory Delap throw ins and the singing. The beautiful singing and the space announcers used to leave on the broadcast so you could feel the ambiance of the stadium.

English football. Its why I'm here. No pies though.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

If people are falling out of love with football it's the greed, the lack of connection with players, ridiculous salaries, agent fees, play acting, cheating, hypocrisy, racism etc etc. Perez should've said that.

If clubs can't sustain how football has become then that's tough isn't it. They will need to tighten their budgets, don't pay extortionate transfer fees and wages.

I heard recently that KDB had ditched his agent and was negotiating his own new deal.

Apparently players are waking up to the fact that many agents are just greedy bastards in it for themselves and don't represent value for money.

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...advocating punitive measures such as a deduction of points, would be perceived as self serving!!!

We have a lot to gain in this scenario, we can not be viewed as the beneficiary of the will, having poisoned our spouse.

I'm not bothered what outside people think to be honest. If they're that worried then don't award anyone the league title. Put the last 2 clubs that aren't greedy 6 in the finals.