Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Boris Johnson is a big liar, having been found out a few times.

A few times? 

He lies and lies and cheats and deceives and lies some more. He's a moral vacuum of entitlement and an embarrassment to the office of P.M.

Even the hardest of tories ought to be calling for his head. Amoral scum bag. 

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

So we need to educate people and it'll be solved?

Great. I usually like Henry Winter but he's trying too hard to not offend the players at these 6 teams.

Or, as he has laid out, he sees the minefield that is working out the way forward and the difficulty of it all. Rather than just the simplism of the answers that everyone else is advocating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

A few times? 

He lies and lies and cheats and deceives and lies some more. He's a moral vacuum of entitlement and an embarrassment to the office of P.M.

Even the hardest of tories ought to be calling for his head. Amoral scum bag. 

Without going off topic and turning this into something it's not, tell me a politician that doesn't, it's what they do.

Makes me laugh when people say a certain politician is a liar, who does no good, they all are.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Or, as he has laid out, he sees the minefield that is working out the way forward and the difficulty of it all. Rather than just the simplism of the answers that everyone else is advocating.

I don't believe it is a simple solution but in many ways trying to punish people without affecting other, innocent parties is more difficult.

I'm afraid we've got to accept we're a collective and the actions of others could have consequences. When I go to matches I behave, don't break the law, don't turn violent but if others do then there's the possibility my team could be hit with fines, points deductions and the remaining fans face stadium closures despite it not being the fault of the majority.

Just now, Matt said:

Without going off topic and turning this into something it's not, tell me a politician that doesn't, it's what they do.

Makes me laugh when people say a certain politician is a liar, who does no good, they all are.

Okay. He's also a serial philanderer, an alleged abuser, whom I heavily suspect guilty, who doesn't know how many children he's got. 

He has a long history of sexist and racist comments and is currently presiding over a government beset by corruption and incompetence. 

Every politician may lie but i think we can view his lies as more than a trick of the trade. He's supposed to stand for traditional British values and anyone supporting him in that is admitting all of the above are elements of Britishness. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Okay. He's also a serial philanderer, an alleged abuser, whom I heavily suspect guilty, who doesn't know how many children he's got. 

He has a long history of sexist and racist comments and is currently presiding over a government beset by corruption and incompetence. 

Every politician may lie but i think we can view his lies as more than a trick of the trade. He's supposed to stand for traditional British values and anyone supporting him in that is admitting all of the above are elements of Britishness. 

He hasn't taken us to an illegal war yet, so that is a plus  lol

8 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I think this is correct.

There is a real dichotomy here. In that a points deduction could be seen to punish the fans who in turn are being portrayed as the very people who helped stop the ESL.

While many see the arguments for heavy punishment in balck and white the real situation is for more nuanced. He's also correct in that the whole thing would end up in the courts and run for a long time meaning in effect the league would be suspended as no one would truly know the correct and final league standings.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

True they’re all as bad as each other it’s easy to see. And Ed Woodward and Cummings all part of the same deceit both expert fibbers. 

• Like 2

One thing that this whole incident proved is that opposing a Super League is good politics, outside of Spain (where Barca/Real have political power, and the only place the fans support it, because their fans are entitled cnuts that seriously believe their teams should be able to sign the best 25 players in the world by God-given right.) But Italy, France, the UK, Germany? Even at the EU level? I could see legislation enacted to protect the pyramid, especially given Brexit and the UK not being under the EU's previous rulings on the matter (which could be reversed in Brussels with political will.) It's a vote winner, and even if it could be reversed in courts, I doubt the American owners have the stomach for that headache.

Personally, I would like to see a two-tier Premier League (yes, the top tier teams get a higher percentage, but second tier gets some, to even things out and make the gap a bit less at the top level) and a three-tier Football League (since the Conference teams are going professional a huge number of them now have Football League experience.) And that ain't gonna happen without politicians turning the screws.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I know we are all angry but this is the correct move from the club. Right now Leicester are on the verge of doing something that no other club has done over the last 10 years; become a member of the football elite in this country. Spurs in massive debt due to me stadium and Arsenal in free fall with both having to deal with fallout of this scandal. 

Rather than making enemies, now is the time to act with maturity and consideration. Some of these clubs are digging their own graves and we will be there to pick up the pieces. 

Me personally, I am fuming and would demand serious repercussions of the greedy 6. But there is a reason why Susan Wheelan earns big bucks herself; look at her response to the death of Vichai, the Maguire deal, etc. I’d trust her judgement on this!

Great post, and all hail Susan Whelan.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I know we are all angry but this is the correct move from the club. Right now Leicester are on the verge of doing something that no other club has done over the last 10 years; become a member of the football elite in this country. Spurs in massive debt due to me stadium and Arsenal in free fall with both having to deal with fallout of this scandal. 

Rather than making enemies, now is the time to act with maturity and consideration. Some of these clubs are digging their own graves and we will be there to pick up the pieces. 

Me personally, I am fuming and would demand serious repercussions of the greedy 6. But there is a reason why Susan Wheelan earns big bucks herself; look at her response to the death of Vichai, the Maguire deal, etc. I’d trust her judgement on this!

Outside of Chelsea and Man City, the Big 6 are drowning in debt (one of the driving factors of the Super League). In all honesty, it is possible we could see a serious shakeup in a few years if they are ever in a position to have to actually deal with their financial situation honestly. I am not saying they will go bankrupt or drop down, but if they can't spend £100 million on transfers or pay their might-make-the-bench-during-League-Cup squad members £150,000/year. (Of course, LCFC has made bank on those outrageous transfer budgets, so there's that.)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its almost a guarantee that if you made it that high up in politics, you are a bit of a c*nt   :P

And of you're not, you threaten society so the media makes out you are.

I would say to the owners of the hyped six what I said to my old man when he said, "Be a Forest fan.". To be an owner of the hyped 6, you also need to be a bit of a Jeremy Hunt.

The dishonesty, the underhand dealings, the exploitation....  They see themselves as top of the tree; they decide to try to sell the tree.

Hmm are we glad that we haven't rushed into upgrading the stadium during these financially difficult times. I'm sure the hold up is to do with ensuring we are on a firm financial footing we don't want to become the new Spurs/Arsenal in the elite with unsustainable debt.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hmm are we glad that we haven't rushed into upgrading the stadium during these financially difficult times. I'm sure the hold up is to do with ensuring we are on a firm financial footing we don't want to become the new Spurs/Arsenal in the elite with unsustainable debt.

Not when we've put it off for as long as we have, it's the one thing missing.