Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

7 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

With Schalke being relegated, Kabak could be a cheap option. Still only young, plays with Cags for Turkey and I'm  not sure he can be judged by his Liverpool stint seeing as he hasn't played a single game for them alongside a decent centre back. 

He looks a bombscare also. He's actually looked the far poorer of the two out of him and Phillips.

Far better value to be had out there.

• 1 month later...

Sporting have approached Barca to loan Trincao, seems like they (as expected) would prefer a permanent deal

But definitely some indication he is available and willing to leave

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/sporting-portugues-interesa-trincao-barca-barsa-barcelona-11786471

Sporting de Portugal, league champions, have asked about the possibility of getting a loan on Trincao, a footballer who has a huge market due to his projection. Barça trusts him and, in principle, it seems that he would only be willing to sell him for an irresistible figure, although everything is open depending on how the squad is being built.

• Like 1

...wasn’t there recent talk of a change in their manager!!!

Having changed his approach Koeman has reduced Trincao's input to the team and it does not appear to be changing any time soon. 

Any change at the top will see him want to stay and fight for his position. 

If Koeman was to be ousted late in this window, we will be back in the situation of holding out for a player who has little or no inclination to leave his present club.

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...wasn’t there recent talk of a change in their manager!!!

Having changed his approach Koeman has reduced Trincao's input to the team and it does not appear to be changing any time soon. 

Any change at the top will see him want to stay and fight for his position. 

If Koeman was to be ousted late in this window, we will be back in the situation of holding out for a player who has little or no inclination to leave his present club.

Seems more likely at the moment that Koeman will be staying

Also vast majority of the signings Barcelona make are club decisions rather than down to the manager

He also has quite a few players to try and get ahead of at Barcelona; Messi, Dembele, Griezmann, Fati, Depay

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Sporting have approached Barca to loan Trincao, seems like they (as expected) would prefer a permanent deal

But definitely some indication he is available and willing to leave

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/sporting-portugues-interesa-trincao-barca-barsa-barcelona-11786471

Sporting de Portugal, league champions, have asked about the possibility of getting a loan on Trincao, a footballer who has a huge market due to his projection. Barça trusts him and, in principle, it seems that he would only be willing to sell him for an irresistible figure, although everything is open depending on how the squad is being built.

We do love a long term target.

Trinicao doesn't fit in with Barca's system and need the money. We were big on him last season so that must surely mean he was interested in coming here, you would think he'd like to kick start his career here rather than a loan back to his home country. I'm just hoping that we go back to four at the back as the transfers we've been linked with so far indicate not.

• Like 1

Would likely have a serious talent on our hands with this guy. Could be an incredible bit of business and I hear £23-£25 million does it. That’s a gamble worth taking in my opinion. More or less exactly what we need. 

• Like 1

Can't imagine Sporting being more appealing than us. It makes me wonder though whether these massive clubs know how good we are at further nurturing talent for young footballers and hence would prefer a loan rather than perm if we shown interest or not they need money. We know Bale is going and I wouldn't imagine on the cheap either and he's on roughly half a million a week.

Does this kid want to play in the Premier league? Conversation has to start their. If so than our club can do the whole dog & pony to sell it to him and his agent. I guess Rogers has seen enough to feel he can make it here and fit in with our style. Then it comes down to money and dealing with Barca.

11 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Does this kid want to play in the Premier league? Conversation has to start their. If so than our club can do the whole dog & pony to sell it to him and his agent. I guess Rogers has seen enough to feel he can make it here and fit in with our style. Then it comes down to money and dealing with Barca.

This one is down to our scouts, not Rodgers, we've been after him long before Rodgers joined us. 

We were after his signature before he signed for Barca. A true long term target. 

12 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Elephant in the room is Brexit and how that affects visas. Anecdotal evidence is that it makes it more difficult to attract young players from the EU.

20 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

...looking at last season, with us chasing him, he had no inclination to come here, never crossed his mind!!!

I get the impression it must be Real, Juve or PSG, he has no intention of coming across the channel.

Edited by sacreblueits442

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...looking at last season, with us chasing him, he had no inclination to come here, never crossed his mind!!!

I get the impression it must be Real, Juve or PSG, he has no intention of coming across the channel.

The club wouldn't have even bothered trying to sign him if he didn't want to come to England, there will have been some indication from his side that he would have been willing to join

Around last summers rumours of us chasing him it was that Barcelona didn't want to let him leave for what we were offering rather than him turning us down

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The club wouldn't have even bothered trying to sign him if he didn't want to come to England, there will have been some indication from his side that he would have been willing to join

....possibility that was just agent talk to force Barcelona to pick him up!!!

I’ve just read some Barca wage numbers and this kid is on £140k/week

no way are we paying a 20 y o anything like that until we’ve seen if he can hack the prem ! 

would be a loan with an option to buy and I can’t see Barca accepting that as they need cash 

Edited by st albans fox

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

no way are we paying a 20 y o anything like that until we’ve seen if he can hack the prem ! 

would be a loan with an option to buy and I can’t see Barca accepting that as they need cash 

Better to take a 10m loan fee, followed by a 30m obligation than the peanuts Sporting would offer?

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t think that wage is true, most places I have just looked at have him on ~£3.5m a year, around £65-70k a week

If anything I think we will try for loan with obligation to buy like last year, they might be a bit more accepting with it being guaranteed funds

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Would love this guy. If we need to spend 35-40m on him we should do it. **** the finances, this boy will makes us go places.

Agreed. RW is the position we most need to improve. No Ghezzal like risks, just get the man in. Clearly a massive talent.

• Like 4

What can you offer a 20y.o. young man to prise him away from a beautiful city like Barcelona? It would have to be the top salary at the club. Kasper and Jamie wouldn't be too happy with that. In my opinion we are wasting our time speculating on this one.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

And Barcelona wonder why they're in a billion euro debt.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

What can you offer a 20y.o. young man to prise him away from a beautiful city like Barcelona? It would have to be the top salary at the club. Kasper and Jamie wouldn't be too happy with that. In my opinion we are wasting our time speculating on this one.

Jamie and Kasper have done alright financially out of the club. They are at the latter end of their careers and if the club wants to continue to grow we have to invest in players who can help us achieve this. 

If this means Jamie and Kasper aren't happy with the situation, so be it.

I hope they are professional enough to realise their time is coming to an end (Vardy more so than Kaper) and that the club are right to offer better salaries to outstanding new players. That's not to say we should break the bank on untried Premier League players, but if they are successful after a year, like Tielemans, then a better contract will be offered.

• Like 1