Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

Barcelona apparently willing to sell Trincao, Wolves also interested with Mendes getting involved

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/23/wolves-and-leicester-reportedly-have-chance-to-sign-29m-star-similar-to-messi/

WOLVES AND LEICESTER REPORTEDLY HAVE CHANCE TO SIGN £29M STAR ‘SIMILAR TO MESSI’

Barcelona think the sale of £29 million winger Francisco Trincao is a “real option” as Jorge Mendes looks to take the Portugal U21 international to Wolverhampton Wanderers, as reported by Sport.

When the Braga starlet completed his big-money move to Camp Nou in January 2020, it was impossible to ignore the similarities with another left-footed right winger.

You know the one.

“Trincao is an incredible player, with lots of character and remarkable quality,” former Braga teammate Abel Ruiz told PortuGoal.

“He’s a great dribbler. He can go past his man either side – on the right, on the left – and he’s got a very good shot. He’s a complete player. 

“I’d say he’s similar to (Lionel) Messi.” 

As long as Leo himself is still ripping apart La Liga defences week in, week out, however, Trincao won’t have it easy in Catalonia. The King still reigns supreme, while the young prince has to make do with living in his shadows.

Trincao has started only one of Barca’s past nine league matches.

And, according to Sport, a dire financial situation at Camp Nou means Barcelona would be willing to cash in on the inconsistent 21-year-old just 18 months after signing him. 

The Mirror (28 March, page 73) claimed Molineux could be a destination for Trincao, with super-agent Jorge Mendes working on a deal that would see another Iberian prospect arrive in the Black Country. 

He’d certainly be welcomed with open arms at Wolves.

Leicester City made a bid of their own last summer, hoping to take Trincao on loan for two years with a £45 million option-to-buy clause included in the deal (Guardian). 

With Cengiz Under heading back to Roma, the Foxes are in the market for another right-sided attacker – and Trincao certainly fits the bill. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Barcelona apparently willing to sell Trincao, Wolves also interested with Mendes getting involved

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/23/wolves-and-leicester-reportedly-have-chance-to-sign-29m-star-similar-to-messi/

WOLVES AND LEICESTER REPORTEDLY HAVE CHANCE TO SIGN £29M STAR ‘SIMILAR TO MESSI’

Barcelona think the sale of £29 million winger Francisco Trincao is a “real option” as Jorge Mendes looks to take the Portugal U21 international to Wolverhampton Wanderers, as reported by Sport.

When the Braga starlet completed his big-money move to Camp Nou in January 2020, it was impossible to ignore the similarities with another left-footed right winger.

You know the one.

“Trincao is an incredible player, with lots of character and remarkable quality,” former Braga teammate Abel Ruiz told PortuGoal.

“He’s a great dribbler. He can go past his man either side – on the right, on the left – and he’s got a very good shot. He’s a complete player. 

“I’d say he’s similar to (Lionel) Messi.” 

As long as Leo himself is still ripping apart La Liga defences week in, week out, however, Trincao won’t have it easy in Catalonia. The King still reigns supreme, while the young prince has to make do with living in his shadows.

Trincao has started only one of Barca’s past nine league matches.

And, according to Sport, a dire financial situation at Camp Nou means Barcelona would be willing to cash in on the inconsistent 21-year-old just 18 months after signing him. 

The Mirror (28 March, page 73) claimed Molineux could be a destination for Trincao, with super-agent Jorge Mendes working on a deal that would see another Iberian prospect arrive in the Black Country. 

He’d certainly be welcomed with open arms at Wolves.

Leicester City made a bid of their own last summer, hoping to take Trincao on loan for two years with a £45 million option-to-buy clause included in the deal (Guardian). 

With Cengiz Under heading back to Roma, the Foxes are in the market for another right-sided attacker – and Trincao certainly fits the bill. 

Gerrimin if only for the freestyle competitions in training between him and Will Alves.

4 hours ago, Nick said:
  • Another quality CB who can play in a 3 or a two - preferably left sided/footed as our best three won't remain fit all season or be able to play every game.

• A right sided forward to be everything Under has not been yet – Trincao would surely do?

• Squad cover for Youri 

• Another striker who can play in a lone role as rest and cover for Vardy

Whilst certainly we could also use squad cover for Ndidi and the attacking wing/wide positions Mendy and Albrighton will have to do do for the now? Are those 4 positions above what others think too or have I overlooked anything? 

I reckon this is about right, but I personally don't think they will look for cover for Tielemans. In a 4-2-3-1, he has got Praet who I personally think is better in one of the deeper two positions, and Maddison/Perez to play no.10 ahead of them. You have then got the potential for Dewsbury-Hall to come back in, or Tavares to stay - it would be a luxury to spend say £20m on good cover for a player that (knock on wood) has very good fitness levels and an excellent injury record.

In terms of wide cover I would also like to see Sowah at least in pre-season with a view to sticking around. He would take up a 'free' home-grown spot in any European competition (as would KDH in fairness), and has got the pace that Albrighton lacks when you're looking for someone to make an impact off the bench.

I do think instead of Youri cover they will look at a defensive/box-to-box player. I'm not quite sure if there's room in the squad unless Mendy (and Hamza) go, but he really doesn't rate Mendy in a 4-2-3-1 and he was all set to leave before the pandemic hit and we realised we probably needed to spend limited funds elsewhere. If they have got more to play with this time I can see them cashing in on Mendy if there's interest.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

For those that have nothing to do, or like to read a book sat on the loo- here is a Barca fan view of Trincao 

https://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/17618-17-Trincao/page114

Some good, some meh, still young.

Now wash your hands and don’t forget to flush

He better get the hell out of there and get some consistant playing time if he doesn't want to end up in the pile of Barca shoulda coulda beens. Said he bought a Lamborghini after his first goal. He better be ready to work his ass off if he comes here. I love Under but he showed me just how much Rodgers values pressing and defence front to back. We'll see if Trincao has the work ethic. After Under I'm on the fence about anyone who comes in.

9 minutes ago, SO1 said:

He better get the hell out of there and get some consistant playing time if he doesn't want to end up in the pile of Barca shoulda coulda beens. Said he bought a Lamborghini after his first goal. He better be ready to work his ass off if he comes here. I love Under but he showed me just how much Rodgers values pressing and defence front to back. We'll see if Trincao has the work ethic. After Under I'm on the fence about anyone who comes in.

They did say he has a good work ethic, but how transferable it is we would not know only if he does arrive

9 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I think you pretty much nailed it there. Rodgers is looking for a super deluxe version of Albrighton.

The sexy long legged Portuguese stallion!

I trust our scouting team and we're needing in that area. Definitely get some Mahrez vibes, from the videos I've seen him in. End product and decision making needs some work and that can be hard to drill but if he's a hard worker then there's plenty of poye there. 

This is where contacts & networking come in, does he have the right attitude and work rate etc. That's still one of the most important things for the club and Brendan I think. 

• Like 2

I know we take the mick when other fan bases do this, but genuinely... if we sign gosens, demiral, Trincao, edouarad and soumare ... (all linked quite heavily) could we actually be title contenders? 

Because that squad would be unreal!! 

Edited by Lambert09

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know we take the mick when other fan bases do this, but genuinely... if we sign gosens, demiral, Trincao, edouarad and soumare ... (all linked quite heavily) could we actually be title contenders? 

I think we already are title contenders , only Man. City are better than us. They are not invulnerable. Man.Utd. and Leeds have beaten them recently. I have this feeling they will fall back to the pack next season.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I wouldn't go near Demiral with a barge pole. Seen lots of him this season and he's been horrific.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I wouldn't go near Demiral with a barge pole. Seen lots of him this season and he's been horrific.

But you see that’s just what we like. A project. 

He was class pre-injury. It’s like judging Ricardo on this season’s performance. Would definitely take a gamble as a back up to our 3 and eventual evans replacement. 

id be happy with Tarkowski as well tbh 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

But you see that’s just what we like. A project. 

He was class pre-injury. It’s like judging Ricardo on this season’s performance. Would definitely take a gamble as a back up to our 3 and eventual evans replacement. 

id be happy with Tarkowski as well tbh 

For what he'd cost I think there is far better value to be had than Demiral and I also don't think he improves the squad. All three centre backs at Leicester are already better than him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I highly doubt we could afford to sign all of them unless we sold one of our star players. I can't see anymore than 2 max 3 signings this summer with a spend of no more than £60m, and even £60m would be pushing it given the financial situation with covid and the potential new contracts for Cags and Youri. Be interesting as Edouard and Gosens could potentially cost us around £40m which would cover 2 positions we need but then we also do need a centre back and possibly an extra midfielder, not to mention a winger depending on what formation he plans on playing. Just dont see how we could afford 5 quality players though. 

6 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

For what he'd cost I think there is far better value to be had than Demiral and I also don't think he improves the squad. All three centre backs at Leicester are already better than him.

With Schalke being relegated, Kabak could be a cheap option. Still only young, plays with Cags for Turkey and I'm  not sure he can be judged by his Liverpool stint seeing as he hasn't played a single game for them alongside a decent centre back. 

Edited by jayfox26

45 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

With Schalke being relegated, Kabak could be a cheap option. Still only young, plays with Cags for Turkey and I'm  not sure he can be judged by his Liverpool stint seeing as he hasn't played a single game for them alongside a decent centre back. 

He did provide a decent assist for Vardy earlier on in the season :thumbup:

• Haha 3