Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brace yourselves for a season of 3 at the back! :ph34r:

Haha just replied in another thread. I can't see it (yet), we'd risk completely making Harvey Barnes surplus to requirements.

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We must have something better lined up - at least that’s what I’m trying to convince myself. 

Probably not. He may have been our top target. Can’t win them all. Wolves had the advantage with the Mendes link. We’ll move on. He’s a gamble, could be a worldy, but could easily fail big time

Edited by FoxinNotts

Just now, honeybradger said:

He was quite good there for west brom i think and i dont think he's played centrally for us unless you count the 3421

Yeah that's what I'm basing it on, he was scrabbling about for form and making a proper impact up until Christmas last season and then when Ndidi was back and we returned to 4-2-3-1 him and Maddison were superb. 

I just think we are risking the qualities of our most dangerous players just to play a system that has seen us fail to achieve top 4 two seasons on the spin down the stretch. We don't score or create anywhere near enough goals in it and we are defensively worse as well. 

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Think he'd be good as the 10 in our 3-4-1-2 tbf

Was thinking this the other day. Think he played as a 10 in that formation when he was on loan in the championship. Could also see it in a 4-3-1-2 formation. Like where Sterling played when Rodgers was at Liverpool, with 2 strikers in front of him. As it’s not a 10 in the traditional sense as Maddison plays but has more licence to roam left and right due to the lack of wingers. 

Not saying it would definitely work but would be interesting to see: 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Fofana - Evans - Thomas 

Tielemans - Ndidi - Soumaré 

Barnes 

Iheanacho - Daka 

Also got flexibility with Maddison who could come in for Soumaré or Barnes. Or bring another winger and play with 2 wingers etc

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Think he'd be good as the 10 in our 3-4-1-2 tbf

....he has looked good in a free role and has played for WBA and linked well and scored in that position!!!

I know posters see him as a potential Forward but playing behind strikers is where I see him naturally.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he has looked good in a free role and has played for WBA and linked well and scored in that position!!!

I know posters see him as a potential Forward but playing behind strikers is where I see him naturally.

When's he ever looked good in that role for us? He was nowhere near as good Sep - Dec as he was Dec - Feb this season when back playing left wing.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Or you could play a 3-4-3 with the guys up top being Barnes as the left forward, Kelechi/Maddison inside right and Daka/Vardy through the middle. 

I think if we did that, I'd want to see the central forward the more withdrawn, with Kel or Maddison doing the Firmino role. Vardy/Barnes left and Daka/Perez right.

Edited by Raw Dykes