Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Same as we offered Tielemans to move from the luxury of Monaco.

Playing time, an opportunity to reignite his career and medals 😄

Trincao is getting far more time than Tielemans did but in the end its money that screams the loudest. Now that Barca have plugged the Suarez gap with Aguero they will be favourites to retake La Ligua, so young Francisco can be optimistic about medals. Our best chance of winning anything is still in the cups.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Trincao is getting far more time than Tielemans did but in the end its money that screams the loudest. Now that Barca have plugged the Suarez gap with Aguero they will be favourites to retake La Ligua, so young Francisco can be optimistic about medals. Our best chance of winning anything is still in the cups.

It is actually the opposite, Tielemans had started every single league game available for Monaco when he joined us on loan, where as Trincao is very much a bit part player at Barcelona currently

• Like 4

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

The medals part was said tongue in cheek.

It always amazes me with the idea that money screams at players. It is a relatively short career and whilst I understand the importance of being financially secure so you aim for the best possible  deal, I never get footballers who aren't that bothered whether they play or not, so long as they have a lucrative contract.

This is why I admire Tielemans so much. He wanted to play and enjoy his football, money was almost secondary. He came to Leicester and played nearly every game, he's thoroughly enjoying himself, playing for his national team and even without a new contract, will still earn enough to live extremely comfortably.

Does Trincao want to be a bit part player for a massive commercial brand like Barcelona  or play every week and showcase himself as an outstanding talent in the best league in the world?

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It is actually the opposite, Tielemans had started every single league game available for Monaco when he joined us on loan, where as Trincao is very much a bit part player at Barcelona currently

OK I stand corrected but Trincao apparently appeared 28 times for Barca last season even if mainly as a sub so certainly not a bit part player.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

OK I stand corrected but Trincao apparently appeared 28 times for Barca last season even if mainly as a sub so certainly not a bit part player.

28 league appearances but he played just 683 minutes (7.6 games)

He played just 1,309 minutes (14.5 games) all season in all competitions

Started 10 games all season and that was in cup games/against weaker teams in Champions League where they could get away with rotating

With both Fati and Coutinho also sustaining long term injuries last season, he certainly wasn’t at the forefront of Koeman’s thoughts as a player to come in and play

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

What can you offer a 20y.o. young man to prise him away from a beautiful city like Barcelona? It would have to be the top salary at the club. Kasper and Jamie wouldn't be too happy with that. In my opinion we are wasting our time speculating on this one.

Er, have you even been to Quorn? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Are we even in for him?????

It's him or Leon Bailey who I want at LCFC next season.

It's this season we need to plug the gap for a game winner right winger....

Hasn't he been shit for a couple of seasons?

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Are we even in for him?????

It's him or Leon Bailey who I want at LCFC next season.

It's this season we need to plug the gap for a game winner right winger....

We were linked back in April, other clubs apparently also interested in him now but if we are looking for a player in that position (we bloody well should be) I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go in for him again seeing as we have tried to sign him twice before (before he joined Barcelona from Braga, and last summer from Barcelona)

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve just read some Barca wage numbers and this kid is on £140k/week

no way are we paying a 20 y o anything like that until we’ve seen if he can hack the prem ! 

would be a loan with an option to buy and I can’t see Barca accepting that as they need cash 

I seriously doubt that, you don't pick up a teenager from Braga for £28m and pay him £140k a week when you're already selling him Barcelona.

If that's true then if he fails he has nowhere to go if his wages are too much even for a wealthy club like ours. Much like our big signing flops you struggle to move them on when you're paying them £80k a week like a Slimani or Silva.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hasn't he been shit for a couple of seasons?

Really stepped it up this season, had a better season than Diaby who is meant to be the better of the 2

EB4FE93F-3786-4190-A8FD-C3D6A9C3F96E.jpeg

Edited by moore_94

Now if you were him and had the chance to play with Lionel Messi , what would you do? We are fishing in the wrong pond here. Industrial cities in northern Europe like Lille are our best fishing grounds.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Now if you were him and had the chance to play with Lionel Messi , what would you do? We are fishing in the wrong pond here. Industrial cities in northern Europe like Lille are our best fishing grounds.

I mean you could say that about PLENTY of players who have left Barcelona, Everton signed Digne, Mina, and Gomes from them, absolutely no reason we can’t get Trincao when they are willing to let him go

• Like 4

1 minute ago, foxpleasure said:

Youri's chosen village

I'm sure he has a beautiful house and a pool. The weather is about the same as Belgium so he is used to that. Trincao is a lad from southern Europe though , very different.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I'm sure he has a beautiful house and a pool. The weather is about the same as Belgium so he is used to that. Trincao is a lad from southern Europe though , very different.

Well Viana do Castelo is further north than Lisbon, and Ricardo seems happy enough

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

What can you offer a 20y.o. young man to prise him away from a beautiful city like Barcelona? It would have to be the top salary at the club. Kasper and Jamie wouldn't be too happy with that. In my opinion we are wasting our time speculating on this one.

We are one of the most attractive clubs in the world at the minute, especially given the financial constraints that other countries are going through (France, Italy, Spain etc.)

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

ayoze Perez?