Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ryan Bertrand

21 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

ask Top, how would we know. I genuinely have no idea what our budget will be this summer. Does anyone? 

On the basis of the last few seasons it’s been about £10m? But it will have to be around £30m this summer I’d say with Squad players leaving

Bertrand: We're bigger and better than Leicester City

Ryan Bertrand has lit the touchpaper ahead of Monday night’s clash against Leicester City by insisting Reading are a bigger club and better club.

I'm not bitter... but hell no!!!! 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Bertrand: We're bigger and better than Leicester City

Ryan Bertrand has lit the touchpaper ahead of Monday night’s clash against Leicester City by insisting Reading are a bigger club and better club.

I'm not bitter... but hell no!!!! 

mind games before an important game.

nothing to see here, move along.

2 hours ago, brookfox said:

Feels like the non Champions League version of Goosens. Could well be the reality of finishing 5th (which hopefully won’t happen!) 😭

Exactly this. I feel like we’ve blown our big chance to close the gap. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

On the basis of the last few seasons it’s been about £10m? But it will have to be around £30m this summer I’d say with Squad players leaving

Highlighted the key problem with your post. 

No one knows what the budget will be and how that fits in to the clubs long-term strategy. This ain't FM mate. 

18 minutes ago, Adster said:

Highlighted the key problem with your post. 

No one knows what the budget will be and how that fits in to the clubs long-term strategy. This ain't FM mate. 

Obviously, but you can always look at the last three years and have a decent guess? we usually just about break even. 

I think £30 million is our net spend , maybe 35 top limit. Ghezzal could fetch 5 but the main sell, if it happens, is Praet. The fact that Rodgers has never made him a fixture in the team detracts from his value but 20 is a decent guess. So 60 million as it stands. The thing we don't know is , is one of our major assets being put in the shop window. That could raise the budget considerably but a replacement would be needed. However a a profit of  20m could be made there if we go for potential rather than an established player. That could give us 80 million to spend not counting the replacement player. Morgan and Fuchs will leave the squad and Gray has gone but as far as I know nobody else is coming to the end of their contracts so cannot be forced out. We need to find a place for KDH as well as he will be 23 later this year.

Could be a potential Danny Simpson style signing.

Nobody wanted him, he wasn’t anything special, but he was a solid professional and ended up being well appreciated by fans in the end.

Of Bertrand can come in and do similar... sign him up I say, because we will need a left back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

He hasn’t bought anyone of this age yet though...

Thats because the experienced heads are already here? 

looks like Fuchs might be on his way though.. Morgan too

Edited by MPH

20 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I think £30 million is our net spend , maybe 35 top limit. Ghezzal could fetch 5 but the main sell, if it happens, is Praet. The fact that Rodgers has never made him a fixture in the team detracts from his value but 20 is a decent guess. So 60 million as it stands. The thing we don't know is , is one of our major assets being put in the shop window. That could raise the budget considerably but a replacement would be needed. However a a profit of  20m could be made there if we go for potential rather than an established player. That could give us 80 million to spend not counting the replacement player. Morgan and Fuchs will leave the squad and Gray has gone but as far as I know nobody else is coming to the end of their contracts so cannot be forced out. We need to find a place for KDH as well as he will be 23 later this year.

Slimani and Silva gone. James, Jakupovic out of contract too. 

Unders wages and not signing him for 20 million gives more money possibly too.

36 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Crazy!!! Below Bournemouth, Villa, Brighton and level with Newcastle lol

I thought Chelsea were the last of the big spenders! I still reckon 35m is our top limit. We know Edouard, Soumaré and possibly Pereira are our targets so the fun will be guessing who is going. There are no reports of anybody being especially interested in our likely outgoers so are we going to sell one of our valuable assets? 

41 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Crazy!!! Below Bournemouth, Villa, Brighton and level with Newcastle lol

Spuds being 17th is crazy as well. I kind of knew our net spend was low, I think our wage bill keeps it down.

59 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I thought Chelsea were the last of the big spenders! I still reckon 35m is our top limit. We know Edouard, Soumaré and possibly Pereira are our targets so the fun will be guessing who is going. There are no reports of anybody being especially interested in our likely outgoers so are we going to sell one of our valuable assets? 

Praet, Mendy, Hamza, Wes, Fuchs, Ghezzal, Jakupovic, Fuchs, Knight, (Under) will leave in my opinon. Dont think we will sell anyone in the first team unless a team offered us £30-40m ish for ricardo maybe? which wont happen. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi