Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Farrington fox

Under

15 hours ago, surrifox said:

So we saved the club £20 mill by demanding an option rather than an outright transfer so that’s a cute move no ?

It was idiotic that we didn't know what shape he was in before signing the loan deal.

13 hours ago, Gerard said:

Brilliant call by Rudkin to get him on a option to buy for a €3m loan fee. 

Under was rated one of the best young players in Europe three years a go. He could have came here and stormed it but alas he didn't and we're now not left with a €25m fee and an unwanted player with three to four years left on his contract.

it would be great to get most of our players on a loan fee with an option to buy and perhaps we wouldn't be left with a load of deadwood that can't be sold because the clubs that would have them can't afford their wages.

I was really excited about getting Under due to his pedigree and even the Turks on here bigging him up saying he's Turkey's best offensive player. Alas for one reason or another it didn't work out and we got off lightly in the end.

I agree with the context of what you've put, and the pedigree and skill and feedback of under was excellent reputation wise. 

When a multi million transaction takes place though and no one seems to know what state his fitness is, then someone needs held accountable to.

If you read my comments on Under from coming here and until the first FA cup game then he had my full support, but after and with injuries and lack of visible quality then my position changed to him. 

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

When a multi million transaction takes place though and no one seems to know what state his fitness is, then someone needs held accountable to.

Again, perhaps I've missed something but how do you know that nobody knew what state his fitness was?

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What shape was he in? Played a few games so couldn't have been that far off full fitness or am I missing something?

No offence but yeah you were missing something. When he was photographed walking the streets of Leicester he was clearly chubby so I don't get what you are saying about playing a few recent games...

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Again, perhaps I've missed something but how do you know that nobody knew what state his fitness was?

BR told the media himself on more than one occasion! 

No offence but yeah you were missing something. When he was photographed walking the streets of Leicester he was clearly chubby so I don't get what you are saying about playing a few recent games...

I didn't say recent games.

When were these photos taken?

Did Rodgers effectively say, 'we've signed him but he's unfit and won't get back to full fitness this season'?

Most players who move here from abroad are some way away from being fitting enough to keep up with the pace of PL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Did Rodgers effectively say, 'we've signed him but he's unfit and won't get back to full fitness this season'?

Most players who move here from abroad are some way away from being fitting enough to keep up with the pace of PL.

You aren't missing anything, don't worry. He wasn't quite ready for the intensity of the league and has a bit of a chubby face, that's all there is to it. That apparently means his signing was an idiotic mistake by Rodgers and Rudkin but there you go

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Fair enough. Taken in Leicester out with Cags and their agent. BR didn't put it like that but asked after a few games why he'd been subbed etc etc or not played I remember him telling 1 sky after game reporter that he was "needing" to work on his fitness. I still liked what I say but I guess that was only of what he needed to be.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Fair enough. Taken in Leicester out with Cags and their agent. BR didn't put it like that but asked after a few games why he'd been subbed etc etc or not played I remember him telling 1 sky after game reporter that he was "needing" to work on his fitness. I still liked what I say but I guess that was only of what he needed to be.

So we took someone on loan who wasn't yet fit enough to play PL football for 90 minutes but 'someone needs to be held accountable'????

If the club took that attitude then nobody would ever take the risk on foreign players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

So we took someone on loan who wasn't yet fit enough to play PL football for 90 minutes but 'someone needs to be held accountable'????

If the club took that attitude then nobody would ever take the risk on foreign players.

I think you need to go and research this first and then surmise it with your own impressive and pre empted conclusion 

I think you need to go and research this first and then surmise it with your own impressive and pre empted conclusion 

I think you need to relax and stop looking for someone to blame because a player we had on loan didn't work out.

Had we bought him outright for £25m and had him on a 4 year contact on £80k a week I may agree that someone ****ed up. Even then I wouldn't want them 'held responsible', no club gets every signing right. Some players just can't change to a new way of playing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I think you need to relax and stop looking for someone to blame because a player we had on loan didn't work out.

Had we bought him outright for £25m and had him on a 4 year contact on £80k a week I may agree that someone ****ed up. Even then I wouldn't want them 'held responsible', no club gets every signing right. Some players just can't change to a new way of playing.

Yep. Sometimes you get a Mahrez, sometimes you get a Ghezzal. There's a bit more research involved than that of course, but there is no sure way of knowing who will work out and who won't. If that knowledge was publicly available, all the best players would go directly to the richest teams and we'd be fooked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1