Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Wales v Denmark - 26 June - 17:00 - Amsterdam Arena

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Any country that had Turkey in their group were virtually nailed-on to qualify. 

Most didn't think so prior to the tournament. Wales put them to the sword in impressive fashion.

But I get that you're just trolling and want to laugh at Wales. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I've seen the odd English flag flying in Cardiff during tournaments. Never seen any reaction to it at all. If they're English, good luck to them. 

We'll I'd like to think that Cardiff is full of people like you. Perhaps it is and that would be great. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Well, that was shit. 

I feel a better coach would have reacted to the tactical switch after 20 mins. It must have been frustrating with the referee's performance as well. I would've been complaining too if the shoe were on the other foot. GG.

• Like 2

Just now, shen said:

Most didn't think so prior to the tournament. Wales put them to the sword in impressive fashion.

You're right. I thought pre-tournament that Turkey would be decent especially as they had Cags. But clearly that wasn't the case and they went out with the worst record. Wales didn't put them to the sword in impressive fashion, they were sweating on a 1 goal lead until stoppage time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

You're right. I thought pre-tournament that Turkey would be decent especially as they had Cags. But clearly that wasn't the case and they went out with the worst record. Wales didn't put them to the sword in impressive fashion, they were sweating on a 1 goal lead until stoppage time. 

They could and should've been ahead by three or four by HT. They ran rings around Turkey. Would you say England were sweating in their games against Croatia and Czechia, or even Scotland?

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No need to apologise, mun... 

Just wondering why you think I'm sour? 

Like I said, I think it's quite funny that the Germans look at us and wonder where the rivalry is from?

I guess the Welsh and Scots are like the annoying little brother that want to be something that they're not.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Any country that had Turkey in their group were virtually nailed-on to qualify. 

Everyone had Turkey as a dark horse. They had a good qualifying. Switzerland are always solid and Italy are Italy. So I didn't give Wales a prayer of getting out the group, and neither did many others.

1 minute ago, shen said:

They could and should've been ahead by three or four by HT. They ran rings around Turkey. Would you say England were sweating in their games against Croatia and Czechia, or even Scotland?

Of course I would. Much in the same way (obviously not so intense) as when City have a single goal lead. 

England have not been impressive in any games so far and I'm not expecting them to beat the Germans. 

20 minutes ago, shen said:

I feel a better coach would have reacted to the tactical switch after 20 mins. It must have been frustrating with the referee's performance as well. I would've been complaining too if the shoe were on the other foot. GG.

Page failed to respond to their response. Unfortunately. The ref was poor but hey ho... 

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I was disappointed with his interview to be honest. 

Just to be clear, I don't really have a problem with the other home nations. 

What annoys me is people in the media pretending they want Wales or Scotland to win as much as they want England to.

I very much doubt you'd get Gethin Jones on TV wishing England well, so why do the English need to?

That's like a Man Utd fan wanting Liverpool to do well in the Champs League, or a Spurs fan to want Arsenal to have a good FA Cup run.

There's no animosity on my part, but although at the minute, under Southgate, I'm very disappointed with England, I always want them to outperform the other home nations, at least, much as you want Wales to.

You're welcome to the rugby lol:thumbup:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Just to be clear, I don't really have a problem with the other home nations. 

What annoys me is people in the media pretending they want Wales or Scotland to win as much as they want England to.

I very much doubt you'd get Gethin Jones on TV wishing England well, so why do the English need to?

That's like a Man Utd fan wanting Liverpool to do well in the Champs League, or a Spurs fan to want Arsenal to have a good FA Cup run.

There's no animosity on my part, but although at the minute, under Southgate, I'm very disappointed with England, I always want them to outperform the other home nations, at least, much as you want Wales to.

You're welcome to the rugby lol:thumbup:

Of course you should support your nation and want England to win. From our point of view, we get England rammed down our throats in the media in papers, radio and TV. That is partly because of a deficiency in our own media though. Anyway, good luck 

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Of course you should support your nation and want England to win. From our point of view, we get England rammed down our throats in the media in papers, radio and TV. That is partly because of a deficiency in our own media though. Anyway, good luck 

Completely understand that. Even us English get fed up of rammed down our throats!

As I said earlier, you've punched above your weight just to qualify and put the Scots to shame by getting out of the group.

Nothing to be ashamed about at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

If you watched their games and thought they were a good team that were unlucky not to qualify then you're tapped in the head lol

They looked awful

23 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Completely understand that. Even us English get fed up of rammed down our throats!

As I said earlier, you've punched above your weight just to qualify and put the Scots to shame by getting out of the group.

Nothing to be ashamed about at all.

Turkey looked like a non league team. All the Welsh players said they planned to qualify from the group. They really didnt punch.

Theyve fallen apart today and embarrassed themselves. Simple as that as far as I can see.

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Turkey looked like a non league team. All the Welsh players said they planned to qualify from the group. They really didnt punch.

Theyve fallen apart today and embarrassed themselves. Simple as that as far as I can see.

To be fair, out of all teams at Euro 2020, only North Macedonia have a smaller population than Wales.

From the pool of players they have to choose from, they've not done badly. 

Of course, population isn't everything, other so called smaller nations have excelled before, such as Uruguay or Croatia. 

But also consider that rugby is probably a more popular sport in Wales, that is more impressive that they've done as well as they have recently, compared to the last 70 years or so.

I'm no Wales fan by any means, but they should be proud.

God knows we've underperformed and been shite for over 50 years.

Have a bit of perspective.

*Edit...yes, they were shite today, no denying that. I'm sure their fans would be the first to admit it.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 2