Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Wales v Denmark - 26 June - 17:00 - Amsterdam Arena

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So you haven't had 4 red cards in the last 12 games or so? Mepham didn't shove Dolberg to the floor today completely off the ball? Davies didn't almost start a mass brawl by starting on Yilmaz in the Turkey match? I'm just saying seems like there's an issue in the squad with discipline. Passion spilling over maybe, I don't know, team togetherness seems to be Wales' strength. You made it personal, needlessly. And the fact you did made the Danes absolutely spanking your lot even sweeter.

Wouldn't call it a strength based on today 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Absolutely but I honestly think it's a backlash against all the crap that comes our way. 

OK. I can take all the sheep jokes etc. I have in fact since when I moved to Leicester over forty years ago. But we get a lot of serious cack about our language etc and let's be honest, England often sadly tends to be rather patronising of its Celtic neighbours, hence the animosity. Anyway, it's a football forum. In all honesty, I hope you do OK in the tournament. We are fed up of hearing of 1966 and 1996. 😉😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Absolutely but I honestly think it's a backlash against all the crap that comes our way. 

Tbf, I agree with Simon Jordan, I'm indifferent to the other home nations, I don't care how they do. I used to get behind them, years back, but there's always been an anyone but England attitude from large chunks of fans from the other home nations. At least I'm indifferent to them, not outright hate, actively wanting them to fail. I had a dog in the fight in some way tonight, with having Danish family back a few generations, so I wanted Denmark to win, but had this been Wales v Belgium, I'd be no more bothered by the winner than I will be in the Italy Austria match.

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Come on, Wembley cheered every goal Scotland let in when we were playing the Czechs. There's historic reasons why Scotland (not so historic given we're not going to let them leave the Union any time soon), Wales and Ireland hate the English. Sport seems like a pretty safe space for them to vent that imo. I personally wish them the best and hope they do well (unless it's at the detriment of the team I'm supporting) but while I wish it was more unified I understand why it's not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf, I agree with Simon Jordan, I'm indifferent to the other home nations, I don't care how they do. I used to get behind them, years back, but there's always been an anyone but England attitude from large chunks of fans from the other home nations. At least I'm indifferent to them, not outright hate, actively wanting them to fail. I had a dog in the fight in some way tonight, with having Danish family back a few generations, so I wanted Denmark to win, but had this been Wales v Belgium, I'd be no more bothered by the winner than I will be in the Italy Austria match.

The Welsh and Scots detest the English.

Likewise, I feel the same about them. Hate the fact that so many English people in the media have been fawning over the Scots and Welsh.

They wouldn't do the same about us.

And don't get me started on the coverage that Ireland get if they ever qualify. That aren't even a home nation. Literally a foreign country and we get so much coverage on them. It's like giving that amount of airtime to France.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

'Good tournament'?! Outclassed by Swiss, struggled against Turkey, lost to Italy reserves, smashed by Denmark. 

Yes, I think getting through to the knockout round, finishing second behind Italy, is absolutely the criteria for success. Am I right in saying they have a 100% record progressing from major tournament group stages? 

Considering their squad and size, that is a great achievement. Most had them as the bottom club in their group.

What will be this earth shattering announcement to come on Bales future? Let's look at the odds:-

Play in Italy 3/1

Become a Pro Golfer 4/1

Play in USA 4/1

Play in China 5/1

Retire from top class football and sign a 2 year deal to play for Spurs 5/1

Say he's retiring at the peak (titter) of his powers 5/1

Strictly Come Dancing 5/1

Spurs manager, being the only remaining candidate on Earth 6/1

Go into (or some would say continue) acting 7/1

Start a compacted rectangles of Hay distribution service called Bales Bails 8/1

Dedicate rest of life to a Humanitarian Oxfamy type thing (or I am I getting him confused with the Coldplay guy) 9/1

Politician 11/1

Work for a the police stations and courts handling financial sums guaranteed against the suspects attendance at trial date, becoming officially known as Bail Officer Officer Bale 14/1

Become the first man-bun in space 15/1

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Likewise, I feel the same about them. Hate the fact that so many English people in the media have been fawning over the Scots and Welsh.

And don't get me started on the coverage that Ireland get if they ever qualify. That aren't even a home nation. Literally a foreign country and we get so much coverage on them. It's like giving that amount of airtime to France.

100% agree with this, I doubt Welsh and Scottish tv channels will be going on about us all of Tuesday night.

Never understood the love in for Ireland as posted above you might as well cheer on Andorra. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Be careful mate, I said exactly the same the other day and apparently to some on here England and Scotland/Wales arent actually rivals and just because Wales and Scotland hate England it doesnt mean we should be doing the same back because thats just ‘playground stuff’ 😂. How anyone can cheer on a Country where their fans hate England back i will never understand, bizarre. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Come on, Wembley cheered every goal Scotland let in when we were playing the Czechs. There's historic reasons why Scotland (not so historic given we're not going to let them leave the Union any time soon), Wales and Ireland hate the English. Sport seems like a pretty safe space for them to vent that imo. I personally wish them the best and hope they do well (unless it's at the detriment of the team I'm supporting) but while I wish it was more unified I understand why it's not. 

The only reason they hate us is cause they ain't us 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Be careful mate, I said exactly the same the other day and apparently to some on here England and Scotland/Wales arent actually rivals and just because Wales and Scotland hate England it doesnt mean we should be doing the same back because thats just ‘playground stuff’ 😂. How anyone can cheer on a Country where their fans hate England back i will never understand, bizarre. 

None of it bothers me. I saw something that made me laugh yesterday. 

The Germans don't care about us and said that they are basically to England like England are to Scotland lol

The Scots had their big game against us, we've got our big game against Germany!

54 minutes ago, Koke said:

Joakim Mæhle is super impressive. Dominates that entire right hand side. Another good recruitment by Atlanta. 

Fun fact, Genk signed him as Castagne's replacement when Atalanta signed Timmy. Then Mæhle was Castagne's replacement at Atalanta when we signed him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Croatia? That's my point. The tiresome support for whoever is playing England might have been funny in the 70's but wears a bit thin eventually. Its really not surprising that England fans enjoy other British nations losing at football. I've seen plenty of Scotland and a few Wales flags flying around London. The English are by nature a very tolerant people but would a window survive that was flying an England flag in Glasgow or Cardiff, for example? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

And don't get me started on the coverage that Ireland get if they ever qualify. That aren't even a home nation. Literally a foreign country and we get so much coverage on them. It's like giving that amount of airtime to France

Kerp eating the sour grapes... 

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Croatia? That's my point. The tiresome support for whoever is playing England might have been funny in the 70's but wears a bit thin eventually. Its really not surprising that England fans enjoy other British nations losing at football. I've seen plenty of Scotland and a few Wales flags flying around London. The English are by nature a very tolerant people but would a window survive that was flying an England flag in Glasgow or Cardiff, for example? 

I've seen the odd English flag flying in Cardiff during tournaments. Never seen any reaction to it at all. If they're English, good luck to them. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, shen said:

Yes, I think getting through to the knockout round, finishing second behind Italy, is absolutely the criteria for success. Am I right in saying they have a 100% record progressing from major tournament group stages? 

Considering their squad and size, that is a great achievement. Most had them as the bottom club in their group.

Any country that had Turkey in their group were virtually nailed-on to qualify.