Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Wales v Denmark - 26 June - 17:00 - Amsterdam Arena

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If you watched their games and thought they were a good team that were unlucky not to qualify then you're tapped in the head lol

They looked awful

What? Didn't say they deserved to go through today, but I think they've achieved more than what was expected of them, hence they've had a good tournament, which I was ridiculed for.

9 minutes ago, shen said:

What? Didn't say they deserved to go through today, but I think they've achieved more than what was expected of them, hence they've had a good tournament, which I was ridiculed for.

For a nation of their size, just qualifying is an achievement. Getting out of the group is even better.

The Scots would snap their hands off to trade places with them over the last decade.

The Scots would probably swap with Northern Ireland though, given half a chance lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Be careful mate, I said exactly the same the other day and apparently to some on here England and Scotland/Wales arent actually rivals and just because Wales and Scotland hate England it doesnt mean we should be doing the same back because thats just ‘playground stuff’ 😂. How anyone can cheer on a Country where their fans hate England back i will never understand, bizarre. 

Because they don't. Not really and certainly not all their fans. That's why people call it playground stuff, it's a massive generalization based on pettiness (on OUR behalf). I'm presuming most on here have holidayed in Scotland, Wales or Ireland multiple times (or at least once) and have enjoyed the people and place. They're still a part of the UK, why is it so bizarre to want them to do well?

I hope those who don't see any link between us and Scotland will write to their MP and demand they listen to their demands to separate from the UK when the time comes. 

I presume the TV coverage is because an awful lot of Welsh live in England and if it's on the BBC/ITV they have a duty to treat the four nations equally because they're UK broadcasters. There is a difference in them covering Wales/Scotland compared to Czechs for example. That seems obvious. 

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Because they don't. Not really and certainly not all their fans. That's why people call it playground stuff, it's a massive generalization based on pettiness (on OUR behalf). I'm presuming most on here have holidayed in Scotland, Wales or Ireland multiple times (or at least once) and have enjoyed the people and place. They're still a part of the UK, why is it so bizarre to want them to do well?

I hope those who don't see any link between us and Scotland will write to their MP and demand they listen to their demands to separate from the UK when the time comes. 

Its not about hating the people of Scotland or Wales obviously, its about hating the football teams. Most people on here hate Nottingham Forest but it doesnt mean they dislike people just for coming from Nottingham. Its football rivalry not personal. I have alot of Scottish friends from having worked near Corby but it doesnt mean ill be wanting their football team to do well and vice versa. 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

At the time, I thought Bale was an arsehole, but he was literally asked the same question yesterday. Like he’s going to think: “well we lost 4-0, so here’s the big reveal!” 

No point being nice to Wales, they’ll still laugh at us when we get knocked out whether we take the piss or not!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Its not about hating the people of Scotland or Wales obviously, its about hating the football teams. Most people on here hate Nottingham Forest but it doesnt mean they dislike people just for coming from Nottingham. Its football rivalry not personal. I have alot of Scottish friends from having worked near Corby but it doesnt mean ill be wanting their football team to do well and vice versa. 

That difference is what I don't get. I don't have much animosity towards Forrest because pretty much my entire life supporting Leicester they've never been much of a rival. I felt more competition from Derby than Forrest when bouncing up and down the leagues and even then I can't say I could muster hate. Hating Scotland would be akin to hating some random Championship side. Our relationship with Scotland isn't based on an actual footballing rivalry (not really and certainly not from their end in my experience), it's based on histrionics. Maybe it's a mindframe I can't get my head around. I didn't much question it when I texted my Welsh colleague good luck before they played. 

I find it much easier to hate Liverpool or ManU (especially back in the day). 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Denmark’s tactical shape after a shaky first ten minutes was superb. They really showed how to play 3 at the back and get your central midfielders running into channels etc 

That's because they switched from three atb to four, moving Christensen into midfield as the anchor and moving the fullbacks further back.
It's not until Kjær was subbed that they moved to a back three again.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Denmark’s tactical shape after a shaky first ten minutes was superb. They really showed how to play 3 at the back and get your central midfielders running into channels etc 

23 minutes ago, shen said:

That's because they switched from three atb to four, moving Christensen into midfield as the anchor and moving the fullbacks further back.

They did well keeping Ramsey and Bale quiet after the tactical change, too. Wales barely had a look in after the first 15.

14 hours ago, tom27111 said:

The Welsh and Scots detest the English.

Likewise, I feel the same about them. Hate the fact that so many English people in the media have been fawning over the Scots and Welsh.

They wouldn't do the same about us.

And don't get me started on the coverage that Ireland get if they ever qualify. That aren't even a home nation. Literally a foreign country and we get so much coverage on them. It's like giving that amount of airtime to France.

Post of the week, I also despise the patronising sycophant media. Don`t speak for me or try to infer that English people wish for Wales, Scotland or the Republic of Ireland to do well.

It is sickening. I wish for them exactly what they wish for us, crushing disappointing defeat..........Hopefully as humiliating or unluckily as possible.

Apart from that they are O.K.:whistle:

1 hour ago, shen said:

Spot on and it worked beautifully

Very astute management 

I found it hilarious when Page said Wales were dominating for the first 25 minutes until Denmarks Manager made the tactical change!!!

As if he wasnt allowed to make the tactical change...that's the difference between a manager who CAN and ones who has just come out looking like hes played at Goals!!!!

Denmark just have better players. And they have a better coach. I have no qualms about Bale although I was surprised to read he hasn't actually scored for Wales since 2019. But still, at least he's active in the game and visible.

Aaron Ramsey was coasting. I never rated Ramsey anyway, even at Arsenal, but he's the second best player for Wales and he went missing, Andreas Christensen pocketed him without breaking much sweat. Ramsey should be getting far more flak than he is. Such an overrated player. How he's managed to scam his way into a huge contract at Juve is bewildering. I would call him a Poundland Frank Lampard but that'd be insulting to Poundland 

19 hours ago, StanSP said:

Why did VAR not overturn that red? 

19 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Completely pointless but how is VAR not overturning that. At least we can bin off the Uefa VAR jizzfest now

I only saw this an hour ago

wtf??

are they making new laws as the tournament progresses?  What law states that this was a red card? 

someone needs to appeal that red to avoid more important similar situations later in the competition resulting in the same outcome. 

17 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

He probably has a point but unfortunately will come across as sour grapes.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1409126869715152896

He's completely right. Denmark played 3 games in Copenhagen and 1 in Amsterdam. Wales have played in Azerbaijan twice and Rome once. Definitely unfair. I'm not sure what criteria UEFA used when they allocated thr stadiums hosting the gamrs. Wales v Switzerland could have been played in Cardiff or Zurich. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's completely right. Denmark played 3 games in Copenhagen and 1 in Amsterdam. Wales have played in Azerbaijan twice and Rome once. Definitely unfair. I'm not sure what criteria UEFA used when they allocated thr stadiums hosting the gamrs. Wales v Switzerland could have been played in Cardiff or Zurich. 

Seems Wales did apply to host games but were rejected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020

19 hours ago, tom27111 said:

The Welsh and Scots detest the English.

Likewise, I feel the same about them. Hate the fact that so many English people in the media have been fawning over the Scots and Welsh.

They wouldn't do the same about us.

And don't get me started on the coverage that Ireland get if they ever qualify. That aren't even a home nation. Literally a foreign country and we get so much coverage on them. It's like giving that amount of airtime to France.

That's just not true....Not even close. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Are you comfortable with the unofficial anthem they sing? 

Yes. 

There is nothing even remotely anti English about the flower of Scotland. 

It's a song to honour soldiers that died defending their home against an invading army. It even talks about never going back to those times. Nothing negative is said about the English in any way....

...Its not like it wishes death in present tense upon our monarchs enemies (see GSTQ for refrence).

48 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yes. 

There is nothing even remotely anti English about the flower of Scotland. 

It's a song to honour soldiers that died defending their home against an invading army. It even talks about never going back to those times. Nothing negative is said about the English in any way....

...Its not like it wishes death in present tense upon our monarchs enemies (see GSTQ for refrence).

That's reassuring. However, a quick Google search found this... 

Writer and singer Pat Kane also backs the work of Robert Burns. He said: 'I hate "Flower of Scotland" - it's martial, mournful, aggressive and anti-English.

... and we all know the offending verse in GSTQ hasn't been sung for a very long time as that sort of thing is outdated, churlish and inappropriate.