Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Napoli, Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw

Where will we finish?   

563 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not until they got a good hiding first. Don't get why they are always so under prepared over here...

Yeah on second viewing the fact theirs only a handful of police between L1 and the away end is nuts, more between the family stand.

image.thumb.jpeg.71de65e8d6c51a798cbd1779170f7fe0.jpeg

9 hours ago, MattFox said:

Yeah on second viewing the fact theirs only a handful of police between L1 and the away end is nuts, more between the family stand.

image.thumb.jpeg.71de65e8d6c51a798cbd1779170f7fe0.jpeg

And a fair few of them are stewards, who shouldn't really be fighting off away fans. In most European places (such as Napoli and Warsaw), away fans are a little caged in. Our ground is so open, it needs hundreds of police force to surround them for 90 mins. Not react when it's too late and the police are on the back foot. They did OK in the end but if more Legia fans would have joined in, or they tried it on both sides, then it would have been interesting to say the least.

I was saying to my mate, it's onl a matter of time before they try to storm into the home fans. If I know that, the police force should too and prepare. Although I expected it after the match, not at 70 mins.

One of the biggest no no's police can do is try and enter fans space to supporters like this. They literally hate the police and it is viewed as an attack on the support, they will fight police. The club and police really should have been briefed on this and similar nuiances. For the police to go in, it really really must be last resort. Wonder if the pelters they got for the stand off approach against Napoli was in their commands thoughts.

• Like 1

The police and stewards on duty deserve a lot of credit for stopping their fans getting in because that would have been carnage. It's the funding/wider problems with policing in this country that was the problem. There should've been hundreds more police already in riot gear lined up all game. We all knew there was going to be trouble and it's disgraceful the police were put in that position trying to protect our own. 

19 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I'm hoping Napoli will be more focused on their title run and play a reserve team against us.

The best news is Osimhen shouldn't play at all, he's out with a pretty bad cheekbone injury for a couple months apparently. Mertens is a top quality player but doesn't have Osimhens pace so should be easier to contain (I know our defence doesn't instill confidence at the moment but I'm trying to look for positives here :P)

Hopefully Insigne won't start.

I think Legia might win at home against Spartak, they know this game will be their last chance to save the season

They made 7 changes in their last europa league game v Spartak. So hopefully thats an indication. 

• Like 1

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

They made 7 changes in their last europa league game v Spartak. So hopefully thats an indication. 

They only really made 2 changes

5 were the same players, 3 were forced due to injuries, 1 change was the keeper who plays the Europa games, and 2 other changes

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They only really made 2 changes

5 were the same players, 3 were forced due to injuries, 1 change was the keeper who plays the Europa games, and 2 other changes

Fair enough. I bow to your superior knowledge I just did a quick starting line up check. what's the crack with these injuries? Likely to be out for our game? 

Edited by The whole world smiles

21 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I'm hoping Napoli will be more focused on their title run and play a reserve team against us.

There goes my “maybe they’ll be dogshit” prayer. Isn’t it a bit early in the season to be focusing on the title race? I live in hope anyway.

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

One of the biggest no no's police can do is try and enter fans space to supporters like this. They literally hate the police and it is viewed as an attack on the support, they will fight police. The club and police really should have been briefed on this and similar nuiances. For the police to go in, it really really must be last resort. Wonder if the pelters they got for the stand off approach against Napoli was in their commands thoughts.

They stood off as long as they could - too long I thought, but despite how stupid they looked on a lot of the videos, they actually did quite well in the end. 

I was right at the top on the barrier and Legia had torn the segregation up and were heading our way. 

There was a lot of panic amongst the Police at first when this happened though. 

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

They stood off as long as they could - too long I thought, but despite how stupid they looked on a lot of the videos, they actually did quite well in the end. 

I was right at the top on the barrier and Legia had torn the segregation up and were heading our way. 

There was a lot of panic amongst the Police at first when this happened though. 

Tearing the segregation actually helped the police strangely because it allowed them a clear run at the Legia end.