Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Napoli, Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw

Where will we finish?   

563 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish

9 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

As nice a city as it was when I went there for a couple of days after the Moscow game, please God don’t make me go back to that Russian visa office again :please:

You can go in to st Petersburg via Tallinn or Helsinki visa free for 72 hours. Did plan to go to st Petersburg whilst I was in Moscow, but when I found out about this loophole thought to do it as a separate trip as we didn’t have time anyway 

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Dortmund drop in to EL confirmed. 

RB Leipzig or Brugge from Group A. 

Porto, Milan, Atletico from Group B. 

Tiraspol from Group D. 

Benfica or Barca from Group E. 

Atalanta, Villarreal or Young Boys from Group F. 

Anyone from Group G. 

Zenit from Group H. 

Has anyone done the I fancy Young Boys gag yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

That would be attempted murder surely?

Yeh thats what I thought, I've never heard of attempted manslaughter. Unless it's just a thing in Russia. The headline did say attempted manslaughter though. I've no idea how you can accidentally attempt to kill someone. 

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh thats what I thought, I've never heard of attempted manslaughter. Unless it's just a thing in Russia. The headline did say attempted manslaughter though. I've no idea how you can accidentally attempt to kill someone. 

Or attempt to accidentally kill someone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

You could bet your life if we somehow scrape through we'll draw Atletico again :rolleyes:

We really are now owed redemption, all 4 games we've played against them we've been harshly done. I want Rodgers doing the Simeone fanny celebration at the end.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite amusing that both us and Napoli as joint favourites have both been an absolute disgrace in this years competition. 

Napoli clearly don't have any interest in the europa league and their domestic form shows this. Id imagine we do have interest in the europa league but we are just not very good. No excuses tonight though, Legia are absolutely woeful and we should be putting these away with our reserves, but I'd imagine/hope he plays a strong side. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Can someone explain to me why we were made joint favourites to win this competition?

‘The bookies always win’ to be fair we’d just won the fa cup and community shield, beating two of the best three teams in the world to do so, and should’ve qualified for the champions league via the toughest domestic league in Europe to do so 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

You can't be. It's a bit of a trick.

Am I right in saying that there's now no situation where both us and Napoli can qualify?

There is the scenario of us winning tonight and losing in Napoli and Moscow and Warsaw drawing their game. That would leave the table as

Napoli - 10pts

Us - 8pts

Moscow - 8pts

Warsaw - 7pts

I'm not sure if it's head to head tiebreak in which case we would have the tie break on Moscow, or Goal Difference, in which case we would have to win by more tonight than we lose by in Napoli. 

It's an unlikely scenario as Moscow and Warsaw are not just going to play out a draw that knocks them both out, but sometimes draws happen even when both sides are desperate for a result. 

• Like 2