Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Napoli, Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw

Where will we finish?   

563 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish

38 minutes ago, Duncan_K said:

There is the scenario of us winning tonight and losing in Napoli and Moscow and Warsaw drawing their game. That would leave the table as

Napoli - 10pts

Us - 8pts

Moscow - 8pts

Warsaw - 7pts

I'm not sure if it's head to head tiebreak in which case we would have the tie break on Moscow, or Goal Difference, in which case we would have to win by more tonight than we lose by in Napoli. 

It's an unlikely scenario as Moscow and Warsaw are not just going to play out a draw that knocks them both out, but sometimes draws happen even when both sides are desperate for a result. 

It's head to head, so that works. And it is in fact the only scenario that would put us both through. In all likelihood, only one of us will survive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

They haven't won Serie A for 30 years and being top, maybe they are just focusing on that.

part of that is a mentality thing as well as juventus money etc

They shit the bed at least two or three times under sarri when they could have won the league

thats why i respect simeone for twice getting his team over the line against the powerhouses of real and barca

• Like 3

1 minute ago, twister said:

part of that is a mentality thing as well as juventus money etc

They shit the bed at least two or three times under sarri when they could have won the league

thats why i respect simeone for twice getting his team over the line against the powerhouses of real and barca

Really hope they do it this year.

Can someone explain how the table will work if we draw tonight. 

spartak beat Napoli twice so are ahead on head to head, but legia lost to Napoli and beat spartak. So if they all have the same points who gets top spot?!? 

i really don’t get it, just use gd ffs

Edited by Lambert09

I think we will dominate this game tonight.

Warsaw are not a good team, In fact, they are a very poor team. Yes they beat us, and outplayed us at their place, but that was down to an extremely poor Leicester performance.

I think we'll come out firing tonight and if we do, it will be a very comfortable win.

I think if these go a goal down, they will crumble.

I'm going 4-0 and I think KDH will get on the score sheet.

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Warsaw are not a good team, In fact, they are a very poor team. Yes they beat us, and outplayed us at their place, but that was down to an extremely poor Leicester performance.

I think we'll come out firing tonight and if we do, it will be a very comfortable win.

Where do you get all this confidence from? Lunch time beers?

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Can someone explain how the table will work if we draw tonight. 

spartak beat Napoli twice so are ahead on head to head, but legia lost to Napoli and beat spartak. So if they all have the same points who gets top spot?!? 

i really don’t get it, just use gd ffs

If we draw tonight, Legia, Spartak and Napoli are on 7 points, us on 6. So the way the top 3 are separated is by a mini league excluding our results. So Legia vs Spartak, Spartak vs Napoli and Legia vs Napoli. In which case I think Napoli come out on top with 6 points but the superior GD over Spartak. Legia would be 3rd with only 1 victory (3 points). Hope that makes sense.

Worth noting that there is no way a three way tie can happen once all 6 games are played, whatever the next results.

Let's just win tonight, can we agree? Much simpler. Sort of...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

I hope so!!

Providing we beat Legia tonight...

A draw against Napoli, and us and probably Spartak go through.

If we lose, then only a Spartak Legia draw see us go through.

Looking at our defence tonight, and how Napoli will need to win, I think we'll need to out score Napoli.

I'm hoping Napoli will be more focused on their title run and play a reserve team against us.

The best news is Osimhen shouldn't play at all, he's out with a pretty bad cheekbone injury for a couple months apparently. Mertens is a top quality player but doesn't have Osimhens pace so should be easier to contain (I know our defence doesn't instill confidence at the moment but I'm trying to look for positives here :P)

Hopefully Insigne won't start.

I think Legia might win at home against Spartak, they know this game will be their last chance to save the season

• Like 2