Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Youri Tielemans (Summer 2022)

15 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I probably would to be honest. If things stay like they are until the new year then I'd make him run down his contract without a move next summer. 

....I really do not believe he will be leaving, I suspect the wages structure of this club is causing the hold up!!!

I suspect he needs us to break the wages ceiling and that I believe will affect Vardy's salary, but if that is going to be for another couple of seasons, then the club could carry the extra cost relative to Vardy's salary.

This may be wishful thinking or naivety, but him leaving is not something I am worried is going to happen.

30 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

The problem for me is that the club have had long enough to sort this out. Granted he came in on a 4 year contract but still...

As for Soumare he's not creative enough, and KDH (whilst an excellent player) I can't imagine him sitting deep on that left side and nor does he possess the quality of Tielemans. We'll need someone incoming I'm sure.

What difference does the amount of time we've had make? If he won't sign, he won't sign. You can't just brush off the 4 year contract - that's a clear sign that he doesn't see his future here, or at least wanted to be in with a good chance of moving on about now. The club could have offered him new terms a year ago for all we know.

Where do you see KDH playing, then? Why on the left?

Not many players do possess the quality Youri does. I think people are going to be disappointed if they expect us to just go out and buy a replacement who's just as good.

Youri knows that he , at the moment, is our most valuable asset and that commands a very high salary. If we offer less than Vardy , he will never accept it. 7.5 million may be enough but even that is less than some comparable players. If he doesn't sign he will lose a good few million but he knows that his transfer fee will decline and any buying club will compensate him. I think if we go to 8 million he will sign a new contract and I think we should do that.

• Like 1

Tielemans is a genuine box to box midfielder, a jack of all trades who does them all well and this is a dying breed of footballer sadly - we will struggle to replace him with a player of similar quality (can think of very few if any players of this type of his quality - Kroos, Alcantara maybe? Are they more defensively minded anyhow?) We will maybe have to go down the classic route of AM and DM instead (or number 10 and number 6) and this would be a shame as it would probably make us more predictable, certainly less fluid. So, lets enjoy this season while we still have him.

14 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Would you be saying this if it wasn't likely he was leaving next summer? Somehow I feel not.

My comment had nothing to do with his potential status - whether he remains or stays. I feel he hasn't got certain attributes that N'Golo has, but he has the ability to pick out long, defence- splitting passes and to score spectacular goals. N'Golo isn't blessed that way.

I would greatly regret his departure. It would leave a gap as significant as Kante's. I was merely responding to a comment juxtaposing the two players.

16 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

But thats an emotional decision, and not a financial one. Youri joining has clearly benefitted both parties, he got his career back on track, we got a guy who is a footstep away from being an elite player and to end up with animosity would be a pretty shitty signal to send to the next such player to potentially join us.

I was going to type disappointed, but then that's an emotional body response.... 

My thinking was cost to benefit ratio. If he refuses to sign another contract then by keeping him in his last year then we will have a better chance at winning something/finishing higher up the leugue, thus the cost (losing out on a transfer fee) to benefit (additional income). 

Youri is a unique player within the team and if we were talking about another player it may be different. We also payed a lot of money for him, a lot of money another club accepted because they didn't want him.

Edited by UHDrive

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I was going to type disappointed, but then that's an emotional body response.... 

My thinking was cost to benefit ratio. If he refuses to sign another contract then by keeping him in his last year then we will have a better chance at winning something/finishing higher up the leugue, thus the cost (losing out on a transfer fee) to benefit (additional income). 

Youri is a unique player within the team and if we were talking about another player it may be different. We also payed a lot of money for him, a lot of money another club accepted because they didn't want him.

If you keep Youri here against his will then you won't see him at his best I can guarantee that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

...Monaco were the big winners in this!!!

They sold a player who at the time would have been, had they sold him, about half the price we eventually paid.

A loan deal to get him out of their club as quick as possible, removing his wages and to prevent  incurring the ire of Jardim was a gamble that paid off for them. Tielemans flourished in a new environment and different suitors appeared raising the price. 

Jardim's tenure was short lived and talks were of Man. United hijacking any deal we were attempting to make.

We have a player who is now well sought-after but it could so easily have gone another way. 

He goes to the highest bidder, those who would accept a lower bid from an overseas club so we don't seem him in a an Utd shirt are mad, clearly never been anywhere near running a business to turn a profit. 

Edited by Tommy G

55 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

He goes to the highest bidder, those who would accept a lower bid from an overseas club so we don't seem him in a an Utd shirt are mad, clearly never been anywhere near running a business to turn a profit. 

...that thought process is based on emotion and understandable!!!

Running a business where your decision impacts on your livelihood and your family is another thought process all together.

Edited by sacreblueits442

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that thought process is based on emotion and understandable!!!

Running a business where your decision impacts on your livelihood and your family is another thought process all together.

Business isn't done on emotion, unless you are running a charity (which isn't a business) 

The Club is ran by astute business people who's overriding duties will be to make money... to make the club successful on and off the pitch. That is a fact.

Tielemans or any other player will be sold to maximise the assets (the player) contribution to Leicester City

10 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Business isn't done on emotion, unless you are running a charity (which isn't a business) 

The Club is ran by astute business people who's overriding duties will be to make money... to make the club successful on and off the pitch. That is a fact.

Tielemans or any other player will be sold to maximise the assets (the player) contribution to Leicester City

....my post was to illustrate the reasoning behind not wanting to sell Youri to a Premiership would be an emotional one!!!

In reality 99% of any poster on this forum would opt to sell to the highest bidder as he is running a business that would impact his livelihood. It really is two different things you are making a comparison to, we all make irrational outburst with being involved supporting the team, you only have to look at the match threads to understand why emotional outburst are tempered later down the line.

16 hours ago, gerblod said:

My comment had nothing to do with his potential status - whether he remains or stays. I feel he hasn't got certain attributes that N'Golo has, but he has the ability to pick out long, defence- splitting passes and to score spectacular goals. N'Golo isn't blessed that way.

I would greatly regret his departure. It would leave a gap as significant as Kante's. I was merely responding to a comment juxtaposing the two players.

I don't get the comparisons with Kante at all, they are completely different types of midfielder.

6 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Its a difficult one. I am not a fan of the make him stay  or f**k him rhetoric, as tempting as it may be, and I know plenty of others see no value in going even slighly delicately when it come to key players contract renewals.

However, that would be epitomy of cutting off your nose to spite your face , in my opinion anyway.

We need these types of deals to have merit for all parties, pretty sure Youri was not desparate to come to Leicester before the Monaco debacle, and when he came, he saw the merit (and the fact its ace) and the rest is history, but if we now turn around to Youri and say 'Yeah, alright, we see Real Madrid/PSG/etc clubs  A, B, C want you at £££ And that seems a decent price, but we are unsure/unable to replace you, so just stick around and see out the contract, there's a good lad'

That is damage to the way we have found to work. The next Youri would just say no and go to Villa or something equally stupid.  :D

On 08/09/2021 at 12:26, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Tielemans is a genuine box to box midfielder, a jack of all trades who does them all well and this is a dying breed of footballer sadly - we will struggle to replace him with a player of similar quality (can think of very few if any players of this type of his quality - Kroos, Alcantara maybe? Are they more defensively minded anyhow?) We will maybe have to go down the classic route of AM and DM instead (or number 10 and number 6) and this would be a shame as it would probably make us more predictable, certainly less fluid. So, lets enjoy this season while we still have him.

I see him in the same band as Mahrez. We may never replace Mahrez with a like for like and we might never replace Tielemans too when we leaves. It’s not about about good our scouting team is it’s all about how amazing and world class Youri is.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

....I wonder if we are looking at the young people who are wrapped up with playing "concrete football"!!!

The amount of talent that is being harboured within that world is frightening, it is like a circus performance with people trying to out do each other and attempting to showcase their talent in order to embarrass their opponents.

There is (within that culture) a mentality of trying to go down a road which is blocked, and looking around, there are no other routes to escape, except to deal with what is in infront of you, and the bit of luck you will surely need to be plucked  out of  this present existence. You wonder if without the training, and being pushed into a direction, within an environment of football excellence at a young age, that their could be a mentality where they can see the opportunity to push themselves, in order to get to a place where they could earn a living as opposed to hustle for their next source of income.

We managed to pluck Mahrez from Le Havre and he had been schooled in that environment, there is no reason why there cannot still be great value in that area, and we should be looking to scout the people within this genre, as there is too much talent being wasted or worse overlooked.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't get the comparisons with Kante at all, they are completely different types of midfielder.

A large number of posts on FF are about comparisons between players. I see nothing amiss in commenting on the two players' differing attributes and how they compliment(ed) the City teams they play(ed) in. Each was/is a pivotal figure in those two teams. It's called analysis - not particularly relevant to the present team but of interest to me and others who are interested in what makes a team player tick.

If he's genuinely being liked with Real Madrid and Barcelona then he needs to grasp that with both hands. They both may be in dire straits but they are absolutely huge clubs. A weird part of me hopes he goes there because it will be a huge signal to any other up and comers - "you want to go to the very top? we can get you there"

I think who we sell Youri to is just as important as how we handle it and for how much

• Like 4