Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
FoxyLeon

Rodgers is ruining Ndidi....Which is ruining our shape.

Recommended Posts

Posted
42 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

That is a terrible opinion! Best DM in the league by a mile.

If Man Utd had Ndidi they win the league.

We've got a couple of positions that need sorting but this is definitely not one of them.

 

Great at ball recovering and tackling and heading. Not so good at progressing the ball foward and passing it between the lines. I'm not saying he isnt a good layer but when you look at Liverpool (Fabinho) and Man City (Fernadinho, Rodri) they got players in that position that are excellent at dominating the ball and moving it forward. Yes I understand we don't have their finances but I want us to aspire to CDMs like they have. 

Posted
6 hours ago, sdb said:

I thought he was good yesterday. But our midfield can be cut through completely by 1 pass so easily at the moment. All 4/5 seem to press so high. There was a napoli attack yesterday that went from their deepest CB to a forward through on goal with just 2 passes. Seemed incredibly easy.

Yeah, I know the chance you're referring to, when the forward made the run behind Soyuncu's right shoulder. I was thinking at the time how incredibly easy that was.

 

It's probably the one place I could support the OP's theory. It is far easier to bypass our midfield now than it has been at any stage under Rodgers, although a lot of that might be down to how we don't compress the game as much as we used to.

Posted
13 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I've been saying this for months and months, he's been getting caught out, the wrong side of the ball, more often in the past 6-12 months, than his whole time here before that.

He's popping up in possession on the left wing, then sometimes on the right. Then we turnover the ball....And he's horribly out of position time and time again.

 

How many times a game do I need to watch him get ahead of tielemans, in the midfield?

The reality is, he should never be ahead of Youri on the pitch.

 

I don't watch Man City play, and Rodri/Fernandinho are constantly ahead of KDB/Silva....

Nor do I see Jorginho playing more advanced of Havertz/Mount....

Busquets didn't get ahead of Iniesa/Xavi....

 

Playing him in a 2, literally makes him a worse player that playing him on his own, even Puel discovered that!

...it is noticeable that he prefers to play on his own instincts as opposed to dovetailing in a two...I  believe he has said so himself!!!

   I have noticed that he does go forward a lot and assumed it was Rodgers trying to make him better on the ball and more creative. 

  He does tend to slow moves down as he is so high up the pitch and you wonder why he is so involved.  

  You cannot be looking to transform his play as it takes away from his other attributes. Better on the ball maybe, better passing but he does not need to be so high up the pitch that he ends up "taking one for the team" because our attack has broken down and there is no one to cover in defence. 

  • Like 1
Posted

I'd like to know how we finished 5th two years running and won the FA cup.

 

Every thread seems to be saying X player this or Y player this isn't good enough or is crap. 

  • Thanks 1
Posted
2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd like to know how we finished 5th two years running and won the FA cup.

 

Every thread seems to be saying X player this or Y player this isn't good enough or is crap. 

 

This is not a 'Ndidi is crap thread'....

This is clearly a 'Ndidi is being put in a position which makes both him and us worse thread'....

 

5th, is not a success, when we had 4th in our grasp twice, but for manager errors to cost us too many points!

As for the FA Cup, we were crap in the Semis and were the worst side in the final.

 

Every single game this season, with the exception of Norwich, every team has ran straight through us and created chance after chance after chance.....

There's a stat, that we have faced the most shots in the league, and people still have their head in the sand!

 

 

Napoli, Man City and Wolves, could have easily scored 4/5 past us.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is noticeable that he prefers to play on his own instincts as opposed to dovetailing in a two...I  believe he has said so himself!!!

   I have noticed that he does go forward a lot and assumed it was Rodgers trying to make him better on the ball and more creative. 

  He does tend to slow moves down as he is so high up the pitch and you wonder why he is so involved.  

  You cannot be looking to transform his play as it takes away from his other attributes. Better on the ball maybe, better passing but he does not need to be so high up the pitch that he ends up "taking one for the team" because our attack has broken down and there is no one to cover in defence. 

 

This is all true, and I'm glad someone has actually been paying attention to it.

 

I don't agree with the 'Perez bashing' on here, but I think the one 'positive' Rodgers hopefully learnt last night was that it's so so obvious, we can't be playing Maddison+Perez on the same pitch anymore.

 

Daka always carried a threat, even when out on the right, and Lookman has actually made an impact when coming on too and looked threatening and mobile.

Iheanacho had one of his weaker games, but also did far more off the ball in the first half than he is used to, and proved he is able to get about the pitch far far better than Maddison.

I thought Perez was actually good 1st half, one of our better players, and was the one who won it back multiple times on the press....He's far more mobile than Maddison too.

 

For me.....

 

             Ndidi

Tielemans   Soumare

 

Is our best option in midfield, especially against good opposition.

Not only is Soumare physically stronger than Maddison, but he can actually get about the pitch and last night showed technically, he's probably better than him too.

  • Like 1
Posted

When I read "Rodgers is ruining Ndidi"

I just had thoughts of him sexually pleasuring him.

Just shows how fecked up my mind works!!!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

5th, is not a success, when we had 4th in our grasp twice, but for manager errors to cost us too many points!

As for the FA Cup, we were crap in the Semis and were the worst side in the final.

Since World War 2 we have finished 5th or above 4 times, twice in the last 2 season (76 years)

 

In 137 year we have won the FA Cup once. 

 

Not a success lol

 

So when we have won games that's not down to good management? 

 

BR has the best win Ratio of any Leicester City manager ever. 

 

Out of interest how old are you, that's not a dig by the way just interested.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4
Posted
16 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I've been saying this for months and months, he's been getting caught out, the wrong side of the ball, more often in the past 6-12 months, than his whole time here before that.

He's popping up in possession on the left wing, then sometimes on the right. Then we turnover the ball....And he's horribly out of position time and time again.

 

How many times a game do I need to watch him get ahead of tielemans, in the midfield?

The reality is, he should never be ahead of Youri on the pitch.

 

I don't watch Man City play, and Rodri/Fernandinho are constantly ahead of KDB/Silva....

Nor do I see Jorginho playing more advanced of Havertz/Mount....

Busquets didn't get ahead of Iniesa/Xavi....

 

Playing him in a 2, literally makes him a worse player that playing him on his own, even Puel discovered that!

Take a day off for FFS 

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, martyn said:

Yeah, I know the chance you're referring to, when the forward made the run behind Soyuncu's right shoulder. I was thinking at the time how incredibly easy that was.

 

It's probably the one place I could support the OP's theory. It is far easier to bypass our midfield now than it has been at any stage under Rodgers, although a lot of that might be down to how we don't compress the game as much as we used to.

i started to notice us getting overrun more in midfield last season when he asked Maddison to play further forward in support of Vardy, which left us playing with a midfield 2 who could easily be bypassed. 

Last night we were playing 4 2 4 in the first half, which was always going to result in is getting bypassed or outnumbered in midfield - this is an issue with playing 4 4 2 with two attacking wingers as well, which is why we won't see the Vardy & Nacho front 2 combo very often unless he switches back to a 3 4 1 2 . 

We looked more secure when he brought on a 3rd midfielder in the second half, while still remaining a threat going forward, until things went tits up in the last 20 mins.

 

Posted

I have got to say the thread title “Rodgers is ruining Ndidi” has got to be one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen. No chance I’m reading any op trying to justify that ludicrous claim.

  • Like 3
Posted
9 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

 

Manchester City have never won a European trophy....

Why are the media saying that Guardiola failing to deliver one so far, has been a failure?

 

Stop living in the past man.

We would have been top 4 the last 2 seasons....With a good manager. 

 

Posted
Just now, StanSP said:

This is another reason you can't be taken seriously.

 

Pathetic.

Not a lcfc fan that confirmed it. How can finishing 5th in the prem not be a success for Leicester? 

  • Like 1
Posted
20 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

 

Manchester City have never won a European trophy....

Why are the media saying that Guardiola failing to deliver one so far, has been a failure?

 

Stop living in the past man.

We would have been top 4 the last 2 seasons....With a good manager. 

....and a half fit first eleven

Posted

You know its a very over the top post but there is a bit of truth to the fact that Ndidi is being asked to contribute to attacks more than he probably should be. 

 

I have also found myself frustrated by him trying to create stuff rather than keeping it simple.  But can you imagine if the game plan was... everyone try to play the ball early, look for space, get the ball out wide quicker.... except you wilf just give it 2 yards to Youri. 

Posted
11 hours ago, davieG said:

Our problem is too many players are giving the ball away to often with even the simplest of passes. So many of our breakouts end up with a missed placed pass, so many times we hold possession for 6, 7 , 8, 9 passes as we work our way into the game and up the pitch only for someone to give it away.

 

We have, and have had for a while now periods in most of the games where we just seem to lose it, our drive, cohesion, our movement just disappears. Then we have our defence that seems to have periodic panic attacks.

 

Which is shame because we have the players who are capable of some great football. 

 

Our team is fast becoming a football Jekyll and Hyde.

Rogers  quote

 

Giving the ball away as often as we did at times means you’re chasing the ball and you start to tire.

Posted
1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

 

Manchester City have never won a European trophy....

Why are the media saying that Guardiola failing to deliver one so far, has been a failure?

 

Stop living in the past man.

We would have been top 4 the last 2 seasons....With a good manager. 

Probably because Man City have won everything since he's been there and spent 1.3b on players.

 

No one in the Media is calling Rodgers a failure are they?

 

So who would you have as Manager?

Posted
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

You know its a very over the top post but there is a bit of truth to the fact that Ndidi is being asked to contribute to attacks more than he probably should be. 

 

I have also found myself frustrated by him trying to create stuff rather than keeping it simple.  But can you imagine if the game plan was... everyone try to play the ball early, look for space, get the ball out wide quicker.... except you wilf just give it 2 yards to Youri. 

...play to your strengths, keeping it simple is sometimes the best thing to do!!!

  He has a good long pass in his locker just he can be loose in the basic short range lay offs.

  I am glad we have taken his long range shooting out of his game, he just has to look to recycle the ball in those instances.

Posted
19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...play to your strengths, keeping it simple is sometimes the best thing to do!!!

  He has a good long pass in his locker just he can be loose in the basic short range lay offs.

  I am glad we have taken his long range shooting out of his game, he just has to look to recycle the ball in those instances.

Agreed the long range shooting was infuriating.  I must admit his all round game has improved since Rodgers has arrived  but when you are next to someone like youri you just have to give them the ball. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...