Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
7 hours ago, crazies said:

Maybe take the kids cricket instead ? 
or polo or play lawn croquet with the little cherubs 

its a working man’s game still and people vent with passion 

been taking my kids since they could walk and they do hear worse language in the school playground if I’m honest

absolute shite post 

A working man’s game. lol

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Posted
7 hours ago, crazies said:

Then maybe the op should have taken his kids into the family stand if that’s his point

if the point was about swearing amongst families in an enclosure that stipulates that to get a ticket in that area the adult must be accompanied by a child then yes I get it but this wasn’t the case.  So my point still stands in my opinion

Perhaps they could just play the goal music in the family stand too? 

 

It's all academic anyway. We don't score anymore! 

Guest Col city fan
Posted
1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Ban swearing, ban heading, probably ban football next.

 

Ban taking throw-ins and free-kicks from the wrong place.

 

Ban awful referees.

 

I do like a bit ban(ter)!!

You jest (I’m assuming) but this ridiculous country is going this way 

Posted
Just now, Col city fan said:

You jest (I’m assuming) but this ridiculous country is going this way 

Not personally in favour, but isn’t it about what the majority want? 

Posted

If I see kids around me I will generally keep swearing to a minimum (and to be fair, I don't often scream swear words at the top of my voice, usually mutter under my breath). Having said that, if I did take my young kids (and I will at some point), then it is just something they will need to understand. I swear at home sometimes, especially when watching football on TV but it is about educating them to not use it on a day to day basis (and preferably not at all). Importantly, not directed at anyone.

 

If someone uses swear words 90 minutes long then unless they have a disability, it's not really acceptable. Fully understand we all get frustrated and every now and then we might lose it a bit but not like a conveyor belt!

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 21/11/2021 at 09:14, Line-X said:

But when I was critical about the very, very shit goal music and the cardboard clappers I was told by some that it's part of the family atmosphere that the club is trying to engender. If that can be used to justify tacky soulless direction in which we're heading then in terms of broadening the commercial appeal of the matchday experience then surely the OP also has a point? 

Did you see the clappers for the match? Had a picture of chilwell on one side and in big bold letters it said “boo this ****”

Edited by Vlad the Fox
Posted

I was in G2 on Saturday unfortunately since we have won the league in 2016, fa Cup and Charity shield and also relevant success in the last three seasons we have attracted self entitled bitter idiotic fans who think we are a big club who should be beating the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd week in week out.

 

Just after the 2nd goal went in four of them came down the stairs in G2 on Saturday venting their anger and frustrations strangely enough on the fan base sitting in G2.   Instead of the players on the pitch, It was rather strange.

 

As they walked down the stairs, in order to leave they, were shouting at the crowd in G2 ITS EFFIN SHIT, ITS EFFIN SHIT, HOW CAN YOU WATCH SUCH SHIT ETC, ETC.  Also having a go at anyone who was daring to question them re loyal supporters get behind your team etc, etc.

 

I believe this is the incident the gent in question is possibly referring too.  I did see a young child sitting with his dad further down the stand.

 

We have had a share of morons inG2 this season.  Burnley game another group vaping openly in the stands, reported bya woman to a steward who did nothing to stop them.  Only stopped when other fans complained to them.

 

 

 

Posted

Reaction to the OP a bit harsh in my opinion. 
 

However, I’d sooner ban people with annoying voices and/or poor analytical ability, like the annoying tit who sits a bit behind me, who we refer to as ‘The Demarai Gray Fan Club’ for his trademark catchphrase “bloody hell Gray” - obviously no longer in use, but still etched in all of our minds, such was the shrillness with which is was delivered.

  • Haha 2
Posted
2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Reaction to the OP a bit harsh in my opinion. 
 

However, I’d sooner ban people with annoying voices and/or poor analytical ability, like the annoying tit who sits a bit behind me, who we refer to as ‘The Demarai Gray Fan Club’ for his trademark catchphrase “bloody hell Gray” - obviously no longer in use, but still etched in all of our minds, such was the shrillness with which is was delivered.

It wasnt us then we always use to say ffs Dorien!

  • Like 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Reaction to the OP a bit harsh in my opinion. 
 

However, I’d sooner ban people with annoying voices and/or poor analytical ability, like the annoying tit who sits a bit behind me, who we refer to as ‘The Demarai Gray Fan Club’ for his trademark catchphrase “bloody hell Gray” - obviously no longer in use, but still etched in all of our minds, such was the shrillness with which is was delivered.

DGFC also constantly refers to most of the players individually as ‘lazy twats’, including the players that run around like gazelles all game, like Harvey Barnes.
 

I’m just sick of it! The bloke is fùcking stupid!

  • Haha 1
Guest Electric Yetis
Posted
13 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

DGFC also constantly refers to most of the players individually as ‘lazy twats’, including the players that run around like gazelles all game, like Harvey Barnes.
 

I’m just sick of it! The bloke is fùcking stupid!

Had a bloke behind me on Saturday who I haven't seen before.

 

When Kante scored he was shouting at the top of his voice

 

"THAT FINISH WAS VINTAGE KANTE, VINTAGE KANTE, that's what you come to expect from him"

 

Genuinely a world class player but I don't think anyone would argue that is what you expect from him?

Posted
5 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Had a bloke behind me on Saturday who I haven't seen before.

 

When Kante scored he was shouting at the top of his voice

 

"THAT FINISH WAS VINTAGE KANTE, VINTAGE KANTE, that's what you come to expect from him"

 

Genuinely a world class player but I don't think anyone would argue that is what you expect from him?

Hope you called him a c unt

Posted
1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I don’t generally swear anywhere else other than at the football. It does that to me. lol 

Football and when I stub my toe on the coffee table. 

  • Haha 1
Guest Electric Yetis
Posted
51 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hope you called him a c unt

Was too busy calling Chilwell one.

Posted
3 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

I was in G2 on Saturday unfortunately since we have won the league in 2016, fa Cup and Charity shield and also relevant success in the last three seasons we have attracted self entitled bitter idiotic fans who think we are a big club who should be beating the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd week in week out.

 

Just after the 2nd goal went in four of them came down the stairs in G2 on Saturday venting their anger and frustrations strangely enough on the fan base sitting in G2.   Instead of the players on the pitch, It was rather strange.

 

As they walked down the stairs, in order to leave they, were shouting at the crowd in G2 ITS EFFIN SHIT, ITS EFFIN SHIT, HOW CAN YOU WATCH SUCH SHIT ETC, ETC.  Also having a go at anyone who was daring to question them re loyal supporters get behind your team etc, etc.

 

I believe this is the incident the gent in question is possibly referring too.  I did see a young child sitting with his dad further down the stand.

 

We have had a share of morons inG2 this season.  Burnley game another group vaping openly in the stands, reported bya woman to a steward who did nothing to stop them.  Only stopped when other fans complained to them.

 

 

 

G2 sounds like the place to be!

 

Swearing, vaping, fighting with our own fans, calling Ben Chilwell a cvnt, what's not to love?

  • Haha 1
Guest worth_the_wait
Posted
3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Bring back consumer friendly swear words such as ruddy, oh bugger, bloody damn and blast  and sod.

Far more acceptable and we must think of the children. 

The woke PC brigade will cancel you, for using words such as "bugger" and "sod".

Posted
On 21/11/2021 at 09:05, crazies said:

Maybe take the kids cricket instead ? 
or polo or play lawn croquet with the little cherubs 

its a working man’s game still and people vent with passion 

been taking my kids since they could walk and they do hear worse language in the school playground if I’m honest

absolute shite post 

Flippin hell which school do your kids go to!?!?

Posted

Unfortunately, football is regarded as a 'working class' game and therefore it's quite expected to hear foul-mouthed language at such events.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Unfortunately, football is regarded as a 'working class' game and therefore it's quite expected to hear foul-mouthed language at such events.

Don't the posh folk swear then?

Posted
On 21/11/2021 at 16:50, David Hankey said:

Ban swearing, ban heading, probably ban football next.

 

Ban taking throw-ins and free-kicks from the wrong place.

 

Ban awful referees.

 

I do like a bit ban(ter)!!

You're joking, but if we do these 2, we might sort out our defense and win a game or 2 sometime soon :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...