Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Maybe take the kids cricket instead ? 
or polo or play lawn croquet with the little cherubs 

its a working man’s game still and people vent with passion 

been taking my kids since they could walk and they do hear worse language in the school playground if I’m honest

absolute shite post 

  • Like 1
Posted

In fairness to Ben Chilwell, my lad feels Harry Kane falls into the same category as well. So it maybe worth avoiding SK1 for the Spurs game as well.

  • Haha 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, crazies said:

 

its a working man’s game still and people vent with passion 

 

But when I was critical about the very, very shit goal music and the cardboard clappers I was told by some that it's part of the family atmosphere that the club is trying to engender. If that can be used to justify tacky soulless direction in which we're heading then in terms of broadening the commercial appeal of the matchday experience then surely the OP also has a point? 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

But when I was critical about the very, very shit goal music and the cardboard clappers I was told by some that it's part of the family atmosphere that the club is trying to engender. If that can be used to justify tacky soulless direction in which we're heading then in terms of broadening the commercial appeal of the matchday experience then surely the OP also has a point? 

Then maybe the op should have taken his kids into the family stand if that’s his point

if the point was about swearing amongst families in an enclosure that stipulates that to get a ticket in that area the adult must be accompanied by a child then yes I get it but this wasn’t the case.  So my point still stands in my opinion

Posted
2 minutes ago, crazies said:

Then maybe the op should have taken his kids into the family stand if that’s his point

if the point was about swearing amongst families in an enclosure that stipulates that to get a ticket in that area the adult must be accompanied by a child then yes I get it but this wasn’t the case.  So my point still stands in my opinion

I wasn't disputing your point - if you elect to take kids into a football stadium, then yes, they are going to be surrounded by some pretty choice language and at times, questionable conduct (often from parents with kids in tow). I'm not a sociologist or a psychologist, but the negative consequences of such learned behaviour and reinforcement associated with this is not in doubt. 

 

The point I was making was simply that if some on here and the club itself are able to justify the inclusion of clappers and that awful goal music by the family oriented direction that they wish to steer us towards, then logically, you have no choice to also accept the views of the OP. 

Posted
8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Nah he's a massive ****. He's shown some massive disrespect to our club since he left. 

Really? When?

 

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Out of all the players that have left us over the past 5 years, he's probably the most disrespectful towards the club 

 

How?

  • Like 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

 

The point I was making was simply that if some on here and the club itself are able to justify the inclusion of clappers and that awful goal music by the family oriented direction that they wish to steer us towards, then logically, you have no choice to also accept the views of the OP. 

To be honest the OP was complaining about foul language and took it on himself to complain or seek help to complain because it was used in front of a minor (not even his child) 

that is crazy to go to any type of event of over 32000 people and not in reality hear choice language at times   I guess some people should avoid places like stadiums the OP being one them 

Posted
Just now, crazies said:

To be honest the OP was complaining about foul language and took it on himself to complain or seek help to complain because it was used in front of a minor (not even his child) 

that is crazy to go to any type of event of over 32000 people and not in reality hear choice language at times   I guess some people should avoid places like stadiums the OP being one them 

Yes - I agreed with you.

 

The point I was making seems to have eluded you though. If we are supposedly steering the club in a family oriented direction and the matchday experience is being marketed as such, then the reality contradicts the expectation, yes? All we are achieving is papering over the cracks with some embarrassing tacky and tawdry artificial measures that only serve to raise our laughing stock.

Guest worth_the_wait
Posted

I don't mind a bit of swearing ...

 

But I really wish fans would do the good old traditional Anglo-Saxon 2-fingered 'V' salute when telling someone to f*** off.

 

(and less of this pathetic American/European waving your middle finger in the air nonsense)

Posted

That goes for all those who's reply was pathetic and aggressive way to respond. Sure there's going to be swearing at football, but there is a more polite way to express your views, without swearing, at this gentleman. 

 

The Mods should be stepping in, and give them a ban, or does that just apply to me? I don't mind a ban, speaking for myself. :nono:

  • Haha 1
Posted
11 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

That goes for all those who's reply was pathetic and aggressive way to respond. Sure there's going to be swearing at football, but there is a more polite way to express your views, without swearing, at this gentleman. 

 

The Mods should be stepping in, and give them a ban, or does that just apply to me? I don't mind a ban, speaking for myself. :nono:

It’s a joke mate. Relax

Posted
17 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

If you don’t want children exposed to swearing don’t take them to the football. A football stadium is a highly emotive environment and you will hear bad language, yes sometimes it could be reigned in but it’s unrealistic to expect swearing to not happen. 

There is always the family stand. Yes, some swearing will be heard in there, but more sanitised than other parts of the stadium.

Posted

Won’t be sitting in G2 again. 
 

I was rightly calling Chilwell a cvnt for most of the game and had some bloke moaning at me for it. 
 

Ruined my day. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Line-X said:

But when I was critical about the very, very shit goal music and the cardboard clappers I was told by some that it's part of the family atmosphere that the club is trying to engender. If that can be used to justify tacky soulless direction in which we're heading then in terms of broadening the commercial appeal of the matchday experience then surely the OP also has a point? 

To add some credence to this comment, I took a gazillionaire to the match with me yesterday, who was going to pump trillions into our club, largely due to the clappers, but has pulled the plug and vowed to relegate us, due to the disgusting language he heard in g2.

 

Again, think it might be my fault so apologies.

Edited by gw_leics772
Posted

When Mahrez scored that extra time Free Kick vs Bournemouth for whom Begovic had been wasting time throughout I let out a tirade at the keeper, ashamed to say I totally lost it in the heat of the moment, it made Ramsay's Kitchen sound like the teletubbies. As the game restarted I turned to everyone around me, old, young, female, male, a real mixture and said "So sorry about that, I just..." to which they all burst out laughing and one little old lady said "Keep going, the cheating c**t deserves it !"

 

The other extreme, In our crucial home game vs Spurs where things ended up going our way in the Villa v Chelsea game I was stunned at the silence around me, nervous energy perhaps but just everyone playing with their phones (preferred the old one man with a radio system although it could result in chinese whispers by the time it got passed down the rows), not watching the game and giving zero encouragement to the team who at times were a goal away from Champions League Football. I didn't swear once, I just yelled the typical "Keep going Lads, take him on, C'mon referee" etc but was told by the ones in front of me to "Stop Shouting"! I think they were trying to have a serious chat about cashing in on their spread betting and I was making it difficult for them to concentrate on that. It was a bizarre day, each to their own and all of that but the atmosphere was really weird, nervous tension that was there at times in the closing games of the Title season, that's understandable, but doesn't help them on the pitch, it was like a Library at times but I'm in the wrong for offering encouragement?

Posted

There’s a weird Yorkshire gob sh1te behind me who I wish would swear. Instead he shouts his awful tactical analysis for pretty much 90 mins. Sometimes I actually can’t hear myself think. Wish he’d just swear at the ref, Lino and Maddison like a normal person 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

When Mahrez scored that extra time Free Kick vs Bournemouth for whom Begovic had been wasting time throughout I let out a tirade at the keeper, ashamed to say I totally lost it in the heat of the moment, it made Ramsay's Kitchen sound like the teletubbies. As the game restarted I turned to everyone around me, old, young, female, male, a real mixture and said "So sorry about that, I just..." to which they all burst out laughing and one little old lady said "Keep going, the cheating c**t deserves it !"

 

The other extreme, In our crucial home game vs Spurs where things ended up going our way in the Villa v Chelsea game I was stunned at the silence around me, nervous energy perhaps but just everyone playing with their phones (preferred the old one man with a radio system although it could result in chinese whispers by the time it got passed down the rows), not watching the game and giving zero encouragement to the team who at times were a goal away from Champions League Football. I didn't swear once, I just yelled the typical "Keep going Lads, take him on, C'mon referee" etc but was told by the ones in front of me to "Stop Shouting"! I think they were trying to have a serious chat about cashing in on their spread betting and I was making it difficult for them to concentrate on that. It was a bizarre day, each to their own and all of that but the atmosphere was really weird, nervous tension that was there at times in the closing games of the Title season, that's understandable, but doesn't help them on the pitch, it was like a Library at times but I'm in the wrong for offering encouragement?

**** off you had me going then until you mentioned cash out, as if they had a signal in the KP lol

  • Haha 1
Posted
7 hours ago, crazies said:

Maybe take the kids cricket instead ? 
or polo or play lawn croquet with the little cherubs 

its a working man’s game still and people vent with passion 

been taking my kids since they could walk and they do hear worse language in the school playground if I’m honest

absolute shite post 

Lol, all good suggestions.

Posted
20 hours ago, H112 said:

Hi, I went to the game today - I haven’t been since the start of lockdown. We were sat in G2 - I couldn’t believe the amount of swearing, calling chilwell  “see you next Tuesday”, etc. There was a little boy stood right next to us taking in all in. Is there a way you can complain about this? I think it is unforgivable. Yes, Leicester were terrible, but we were playing the form team.

 

Psych! Here to make your evenings ****ing better!

Just out of curiosity, what words should people use instead?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...